• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who would you vote for 2024 GOP nominee?

2024 GOP primary

• Total voters
Trump will win for the third time if he runs. Is that Candice Owens or Burgess ?

Tulsi or Nikki.

Anyone else and I throw my vote to the Libertarian's again.
Beware of Nikki and Tulsi I like but she is a democrat. I would not mind her running as VP on a split ticket.

Kasich. Of those on the list, maybe Hogan.

I don't vote in primaries, since I'm not a party animal, but for President I'll only accept Trump or someone he endorses.
You get rid of establishment types by voting against them in the primary. I am surprised that you dont participate in the process.

Simple, who would you like to see go up against Joe Biden (or Harris) in 2024?
Edit 1: NOT who you think would win, WHO DO YOU WANT to see?
Edit 2: No Trumps allowed, since any of them would win easily barring some miracle.
De Santis, no contest. As a Governor, he already has executive experience, he's balanced budgets, and actually governed the state with the 3rd most people in it. He stood up to the democrat media and race hustlers banning "critical race theory" in public schools, so he's got balls. He served on the JTF in GTMO, and " The DeSantis campaign website states that, “During his active duty service, he supported operations at the terrorist detention center at Guantanamo Bay and deployed to Iraq as an adviser to a U.S. Navy SEAL commander in support of the SEAL mission in Fallujah, Ramadi and the rest of Al Anbar province.” He is a Yale AND Harvard alum, so, pretty smart. Most impressive, in the face of a hostile press, blazed a trail on the pandemic. Although Fla. has a larger population, especially the elderly population, than NY, NY has 17,000 more covid deaths than Fla. Florida is open for business as well. An intelligent, likeable, good looking man with governing experience and balls. As sleepy Joe would put it, "It's storybook man!" 🤣

Nikki Haley

She's got spunk. She doesn't tolerate shit.

I don't know how old each one is. Using Democratic Party thinking, it should be the oldest one - ideally also an old white male racial segregationist like Biden.

You get rid of establishment types by voting against them in the primary. I am surprised that you dont participate in the process.
As I said...I'm not a party animal...not a herd beast.

But it's not a problem. There are plenty of Republican rank and file to get the job done.

But it's not a problem. There are plenty of Republican rank and file to get the job done.
I was just surprised is all.

You just echo Trump.

De Santis, no contest. As a Governor, he already has executive experience, he's balanced budgets, and actually governed the state with the 3rd most people in it. He stood up to the democrat media and race hustlers banning "critical race theory" in public schools, so he's got balls. He served on the JTF in GTMO, and " The DeSantis campaign website states that, “During his active duty service, he supported operations at the terrorist detention center at Guantanamo Bay and deployed to Iraq as an adviser to a U.S. Navy SEAL commander in support of the SEAL mission in Fallujah, Ramadi and the rest of Al Anbar province.” He is a Yale AND Harvard alum, so, pretty smart. Most impressive, in the face of a hostile press, blazed a trail on the pandemic. Although Fla. has a larger population, especially the elderly population, than NY, NY has 17,000 more covid deaths than Fla. Florida is open for business as well. An intelligent, likeable, good looking man with governing experience and balls. As sleepy Joe would put it, "It's storybook man!" 🤣

Its true that he has all Trump's nastiness, which is appealing to the right, but he seems to lack the gift for spectacle that Trump has.

You just echo Trump.
No. I support Trump. I think for myself.

You can be certain that, should Trump ever start talking like the Dem and Rep Elites, I'll drop him like a hot potato.

Who is Owens? Candice Owens? Is she presidential timber?
Candice would be my guess. Although she’s very intelligent, she might be too abrasive for the position.

That does not look like an inspiring list, though what the Democrats had in 2015 was worse.

The clear front runner is Ted Cruz, simply because he made Trump work for it in 2016. The only other one with a solid chance is DeSantis, because he was such a star in the COVID crisis. That said, there is always someone up from obscurity, like Cruz in 2016.

A star in the COVID crisis? You mean a crook during the COVID crisis.

Florida governor clashes with "60 Minutes" over COVID vaccine rollout
https://www.axios.com/authors/newsdesk/
A screenshot from 60 Minutes of Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis.

A screenshot from "60 Minutes" of Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis. Photo: CBS

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) announced a COVID-19 vaccine distribution partnership with Publix grocery stores weeks after the company gave $100,000 to his PAC, CBS' "60 Minutes" reported Sunday, citing campaign finance records. DeSantis and Publix deny any wrongdoing.

https://www.axios.com/florida-desan...ine-71f13829-2479-4667-a993-594d9a583063.html

I will vote for Joe Biden or Kamala Harris. I would be interested in seeing Rep. Liz Cheney or Gov. Larry Hogan run and take the Republican nomination. It would be a lively contest.

I would rather eat live bugs than have Ted Cruz or Rand Paul take the nomination. Upgrade it to nails and tacks if by 'Owens' you mean 'Candice Owens,' who is a whack job and blowhard.

The guys been a bloody disaster when it comes to COVID. You don't even have to bring in the 60 minute piece.
We can go through the specifics, if you like, but, it might be worth asking yourself whether or not you got that idea from the same sources who told you falsehoods about the 60 Minutes interview.

That does not look like an inspiring list, though what the Democrats had in 2015 was worse.

The clear front runner is Ted Cruz, simply because he made Trump work for it in 2016. The only other one with a solid chance is DeSantis, because he was such a star in the COVID crisis. That said, there is always someone up from obscurity, like Cruz in 2016.

I chose Other.

I like Dan Crenshaw.

I've been watching him for a while, YouTube, when he speak on news channels, and in the House.

IMO he represents level-headed, classical liberal, patriotic thought.

I don't want to see any more old saw-horses in the White House. I want new, young but mature-thinking blood in the White House.

Postscript: If I had second choice and had to pick from the list, then Rand Paul is IMO an older more experienced version of Mr. Crenshaw.

Back
Top Bottom