• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Who will win the House?

Who will win the House?

• Republicans will retain control

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • Democrats will take control

Votes: 43 66.2%
  • I don't know

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Other answer posted in the thread

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hillary Clinton had nothing to fear and Cruz is even less-liked than she is.

Thank you for your drive by, non-point.

Thank you for your drive by, non-point.

Ted Cruz is a quasi-sentient sack of wasps that stole a baby’s face, it’s entirely possible without Trump up-ballot his turnout is just crap.

I'll just be glad when this election is over. The amount spent on television ads by a hotly contested representative race here is over the top.

And it is all the same old worn out gimmicks used. The use of the black and white photo of your opponent taken with the most unflattering shot has been used so much it makes me hate who ever says "I am Blah Blah and I have zero originality or creativity and I approve of this ad".

We are not getting bombarded with TV politi-mercials here in CA. Probably because it's a very blue state and it's already a done deal.
The most important things here are our propositions and measures. Yes on Prop 6--end moonbeam's crazy gas and dmv tax.

Ted Cruz is a quasi-sentient sack of wasps that stole a baby’s face, it’s entirely possible without Trump up-ballot his turnout is just crap.

He's going to win. Get over it.

Dems take the House, Beto loses.
Saw a good piece on Beto on 60 minutes. He was proud of not inviting national DEMs to
Texas. "this is a Texas election for Texans" he claimed. The follow on question which the correspondent ignored would be "then why are you taking millions from outsiders"?

I've noticed the " Blue Wave " phenomena has lost some of it's momentum. Is this because the Left doesn't think it has a chance in hell or are they simply tempering their expectations ?

From the data I've seen, women voters didn't take the anti-Kavanaugh bait manufactured by the DNC. Most American women saw the ruse for what it was, and those who voted for Trump aren't as fragile and easily flipped as the DNC hoped they were. White women are the demographic the left has been targeting the most since 2016, but I believe they've failed to reel them in.

Saw a good piece on Beto on 60 minutes. He was proud of not inviting national DEMs to
Texas. "this is a Texas election for Texans" he claimed. The follow on question which the correspondent ignored would be "then why are you taking millions from outsiders"?

O'Rourke doesn't want to be seen in public with any nationally known Democrat. Lmao, that says a lot. The old guard at the DNC and MSM have no idea just how unpopular they are with younger Americans.

Its likely gonna come down to the wire in Tennessee, and I'm voting against ****burn....

A 24 hour poll to project who will win the House and then discuss the results after tomorrow night.

Personally, as usual, I'm going with the odds: The Democrats will take the House. What I find very interesting is that early voting (including yours truly) is up by 27 million votes. Most early voters are older, white, Christian Americans (the largest voting block in America).

Not this year....
For decades, older voters have dominated the electorate in non-presidential years. But early and absentee voting among youth aged 18 to 29 has increased dramatically in several states with hotly contested races – including Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Nevada and Texas – compared to the 2014 midterm races.

Early youth voting in Illinois is up 144 percent over the 2014 midterms. More than 70 percent of the 6,200 undergraduates at the University of Chicago registered to vote through the TurboVote app. At the university’s early voting site, students waited up to an hour to cast their ballots.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2018/11/05/midterm-election-early-voting-absentee-ballot-youth-vote-republican-democrat/1892285002/

He's going to win. Get over it.

With such a divided country I really don't think anything is certain. You take in the expected higher than normal voter turnout and polls just might not be accurate.

With such a higher voter turnout I really don't believe anyone can be fully certain in prediction.

I'll go with between 30-35 net gain seats for the Democrats in the House taking control. The GOP picks up one senate seat to retain control there.

Your prognostications of election result potentials over the years have been a hell of a lot more accurate than the press corps or the polling community. Just saying.

Your prognostications of election result potentials over the years have been a hell of a lot more accurate than the press corps or the polling community. Just saying.

Thanks, I go by the numbers and any trend I see, keeping my heart or political wants out of it. I do think the media and those pundits who work for the media let their hopes over ride the numbers at times. Other times polling stops in some states a week or more prior to the election. A lot can happen in politics in a week's time.

To ignore the need for campaign funds is foolhardy. As long as Cruz gets money from outside groups, Beto has no choice.

A 24 hour poll to project who will win the House and then discuss the results after tomorrow night.

Personally, as usual, I'm going with the odds: The Democrats will take the House. What I find very interesting is that early voting (including yours truly) is up by 27 million votes. Most early voters are older, white, Christian Americans (the largest voting block in America).

Though I would luv to see Cruz take the walk of shame, its doubtful.

My official election day House prediction:

giphy.gif

I'll just be glad when this election is over. The amount spent on television ads by a hotly contested representative race here is over the top.

And it is all the same old worn out gimmicks used. The use of the black and white photo of your opponent taken with the most unflattering shot has been used so much it makes me hate who ever says "I am Blah Blah and I have zero originality or creativity and I approve of this ad".

I live overseas, voted absentee this year. Now even Youtube has political ads, even out of the USA their is no escape !

Interesting. Thanks for the link. While the link talks about percentage points, it doesn't give total numbers. I guess we'll have to wait until this evening. :)

"Nationally, voters aged 18 to 39 have nearly tripled their early voting rate since 2014. That's increased their share of the early vote by more than 3 percentage points.

The early voting share of voters aged 50 to 64, meanwhile, has fallen by more than 2.5 percentage points. The share of those 65 and older has fallen nearly 5 points.
"

Yup, he couldnt care less about Texas and Texans. Beto wants to flood Texas and the US with millions of low skilled illegals
He is a pro-open borders, singlepayer Leftist hack and anyone who believes his rhetoric needs their heads examined

O'Rourke doesn't want to be seen in public with any nationally known Democrat. Lmao, that says a lot. The old guard at the DNC and MSM have no idea just how unpopular they are with younger Americans.

No, Texas is a peculiar state...and Texans are even more peculiar...we fight our own fights...

Yup, he couldnt care less about Texas and Texans. Beto wants to flood Texas and the US with millions of low skilled illegals
He is a pro-open borders, singlepayer Leftist hack and anyone who believes his rhetoric needs their heads examined

Oh bull****. Beto is not open borders and he was a representative of one of the safest cities in the country...a border city none the less....El Paso, Texas.

No, Texas is a peculiar state...and Texans are even more peculiar...we fight our own fights...

That sounds like clever spin to me Clara. The fact is, there are no popular name brand democrats right now. O'Rourke is wise to shun the elite at the DNC.

Dems take the house and Trump will make up some more vote rigging conspiracy theories.

Guess thats not as bad as a fake russian conspiracy you guys came up wiyh as an excuse for losing eh?

Back
Top Bottom