• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Who From History Would You Invite To Dinner?

What would Lincoln and FDR be apologizing for?

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

They would apoligize for seeing the net effects of what they did to the republic.

Red States and Blue states at each others throats.

Military Indiustrial Complex completely out of control.

Directly tied to the expansion of federal government they "gifted us".

Jesus
George Washginton
Martin Luther King
Saddam Hussein

WOW

Myself from 15 years ago.
Myself 15 years from now.
Myself 30 years from now
Myself from 8 years ago.

perhaps some adjustment there... but you get the idea...

I'm not being egotistical here and saying "nothing would be more interesting then me at the table"... but consider the temporal paradox you'd get from a dinner like that! You'd either get a crib sheet for the rest of your life and feed back to yourself in many different time frames which would be like refershers... or the universe would explode... not sure which :mrgreen: Furthermore, it should feedback on itself in that as you do something different your future selves have different things to say... You'll know at a given age you'll be going back to that table and it will all be different... and they'll know...

I mean, the first thing is you'd have the older you explain to the younger all the stupid mistakes he's going to make and thus hopefully avoid some of them... which includes not missing out on some things. Second there would be very little reservation as you'd be talking to yourself... why lie... you'd also know what everyone else was thinking and going through... Aside from the economic benefit of know where to put your money when... you'll know who not to marry... who to marry... what career you'll enjoy and which one will make you want to kill yourself...

It would be fascinating. And again, this isn't about me... this would work with just about anyone... It's just that FOR me this would be the most beneficial.

Great figures in history are interesting... but most of them wrote books, were simply at the right place at the right time, or are crazy/conceited.

someone said they'd invite jesus... that would be a mistake... that would be, barring some act of god (which might happen but I wouldn't count on it), a very awkward meal. I mean... I'm not exactly the best Christian ever... and I know I'd feel uncomfortable sitting down and being the direct focus of the son of God... even if only for two hours...

Myself from 15 years ago.
Myself 15 years from now.
Myself 30 years from now
Myself from 8 years ago.

perhaps some adjustment there... but you get the idea...

I'm not being egotistical here and saying "nothing would be more interesting then me at the table"... but consider the temporal paradox you'd get from a dinner like that! You'd either get a crib sheet for the rest of your life and feed back to yourself in many different time frames which would be like refershers... or the universe would explode... not sure which :mrgreen: Furthermore, it should feedback on itself in that as you do something different your future selves have different things to say... You'll know at a given age you'll be going back to that table and it will all be different... and they'll know...

I mean, the first thing is you'd have the older you explain to the younger all the stupid mistakes he's going to make and thus hopefully avoid some of them... which includes not missing out on some things. Second there would be very little reservation as you'd be talking to yourself... why lie... you'd also know what everyone else was thinking and going through... Aside from the economic benefit of know where to put your money when... you'll know who not to marry... who to marry... what career you'll enjoy and which one will make you want to kill yourself...

It would be fascinating. And again, this isn't about me... this would work with just about anyone... It's just that FOR me this would be the most beneficial.

Great figures in history are interesting... but most of them wrote books, were simply at the right place at the right time, or are crazy/conceited.

someone said they'd invite jesus... that would be a mistake... that would be, barring some act of god (which might happen but I wouldn't count on it), a very awkward meal. I mean... I'm not exactly the best Christian ever... and I know I'd feel uncomfortable sitting down and being the direct focus of the son of God... even if only for two hours...

Although not the real premise of my thread, this is an interesting and original take on the question. I suppose, in a way, we'd all like to meet ourselves from different points in our lives, both to 'educate' our younger selves, and to learn from our older selves.

Jesus-because he did more for mankind than anyone else and he probably has had the largest impact on society. Much of the world argues about him, I would like to know all the truths of the mysteries.

George Washginton-the father of our country. He did things the right way, I would like to see his take on the country/world today.

Martin Luther King-he helped advance the cause of civil rights through gaining respect, not putting fear into or attacking the white man. I would like to see his take on much of the social problems of today, particularly the low status of much of black America, and their inability to rise up

Saddam Hussein-he would have a lot of insider info on the middle east I guess eh could be replaced by any other large middle eastern leader-i just think he would be most interesting

Saddam Hussein-he would have a lot of insider info on the middle east I guess eh could be replaced by any other large middle eastern leader-i just think he would be most interesting

This last one is quite interesting. I would invite him also, but not for dinner. I would bring him back from the dead and put him on trials that would have taken place had it not been for his hasty execution. He was executed for one trial, but he was not tried for other crimes against humanity. This resulted in many unanswered questions and we probably have no way of getting them answered anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I think he deserved to die but not until we got enough information from him. Particularly the information linking Saddam and the Reagan and old Bush administration back a couple decades.

Jesus-because he did more for mankind than anyone else and he probably has had the largest impact on society. Much of the world argues about him, I would like to know all the truths of the mysteries.

George Washginton-the father of our country. He did things the right way, I would like to see his take on the country/world today.

Martin Luther King-he helped advance the cause of civil rights through gaining respect, not putting fear into or attacking the white man. I would like to see his take on much of the social problems of today, particularly the low status of much of black America, and their inability to rise up

So you would see the dinner as more of a question-and-answer type affair rather than a debate. Interesting.

1) The Original Writers of the bible (OT/NT), with Abraham, Moses, Noah and jesus.
2) Charles Darwin
3) Sigmund Freud

Maybe the world will finally be at peace.........

Wm.Shakespeare, Christopher Marlowe, George Orwell and Winston Churchill.

Prophet Adam and our mother Eve

Prophets Abraham, Ishmael, and Issac

Prophet Muhammad

Prophet Jesus and the man known as 'Judas'

Prophet Moses and the 'Pharaoh'

Prophet David, Solomon, and the man known as 'Goliath'.

Omar bin Khattab and Abu Bakr

Issac Rabin and Yasser Arafat

Hitler and Churchill

Einstein and Sir Issac Newton

Ali bin Abu Talib, Hassan and Hussein

David ben Gurion, Jabotinsky, Hertzl, and Weisman

Gamal Abdel Nasser and Anwar Sadat and Begin and Golda

Napoleon and Salahudeen

Julius Caesar, Antony, Cleopatra, and Brutus

Thomas Jefferson. I would show him the many challenges that have been put forth to our Constitution and ask if this is what he had in mind when he co-authored it.

Tupac Amaru
Tupac Katari and
Tupac Shakur

to start an uprising!

Lee Harvey Oswald

Back
Top Bottom