• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Who From History Would You Invite To Dinner?

Okay I'm gonna break the rules because 4 is to hard.

• Karl Marx
  • Vladmir Lenin
  • Leon Trotsky
  • Mao Ze Dong
  • Jesus Christ
  • Adam Smith
  • George Washington

That's seems like a good list for me. Of course I'd need translators for everyone except Adam Smith and George Washington. The entertainment: Marx vs. Adam Smith lol

Johnny_Utah said:
Adam Smith? :lol:

1. John McEnroe
2. Tom Curren
3. George Carlin
4. Malcolm X

wait, isn't George Carlin still alive?

Malcolm X is a good one. I shoulda added him.

Mohommad
Jesus christ
Levay
Ghandie

Mohommad-Prophet of islam
Jesus Christ-Messiah
Levay-Satanist Philsophy (he is cool)
Ghandie-The coolest guy ever!

Adam Smith
Saladin al-Din
Pjotr Iljitsch Tschaikowski
Zhuangzi

Jesus
Mary Magdelon
Martin Luther King
Larry Flynt

The topic for debate would be on "Temptations!"

Imagine a band with:

Jaco Pastorius- Bass
Jimi Hendrix- guitar
John Bonham- Drums
Bruce Dickenson-vocals

To heck with dinner, LET'S JAM!!!

Originally posted by independent_thinker2002
Imagine a band with:

Jaco Pastorius- Bass
Jimi Hendrix- guitar
John Bonham- Drums
Bruce Dickenson-vocals

To heck with dinner, LET'S JAM!!!
How about the all drunk band:

Nicky Six - Bass
Keith Richards - guitar
Keith Moon - Drums
Jim Morrison - vocals

Billo_Really said:
Jesus
Mary Magdelon
Martin Luther King
Larry Flynt

The topic for debate would be on "Temptations!"

How about the all drunk band:

Nicky Six - Bass
Keith Richards - guitar
Keith Moon - Drums
Jim Morrison - vocals

Hey Billo, how do you think your guests would get along with the band? Would Morrision 'expose' himself to Flynt? Or perhaps to Magdelon?

jallman said:
Aleister Crowley
Elizabeth Bathory
Niccolo Machiavelli
Lord George Gordon (Byron)

Can you say twisted conversation?

:eek::afraid::afraid::afraid:

Originally posted by CaptainCourtesy
Hey Billo, how do you think your guests would get along with the band? Would Morrision 'expose' himself to Flynt? Or perhaps to Magdelon?
I don't know. But they would definately find out if Jesus and Magdelon had "hooked up!" Who knows, maybe Jesus would pick up a stratocaster and go right into a few bars of "wango tango!"

I should have included George Washington. Needed someone to bring the weed.

Here's a novel dinner idea:

Lee Harvey Oswald
John F. Kennedy
Abraham Lincoln
John Wilkes Booth

I could sit back with a schooner of Bass, eat potatoe skins and watch the fights!

Billo_Really said:
Here's a novel dinner idea:

Lee Harvey Oswald
John F. Kennedy
Abraham Lincoln
John Wilkes Booth

I could sit back with a schooner of Bass, eat potatoe skins and watch the fights!

Or perhaps Oswald and Booth will compare notes.

Or perhaps Oswald and Booth will compare notes.
I don't think they'd get the chance. Jack and Abe would be so pissed off that as soon as they got in the same room...............IT'S ON!

Billo_Really said:
I don't think they'd get the chance. Jack and Abe would be so pissed off that as soon as they got in the same room...............IT'S ON!

I don't know. As awsome orators both were (especially Lincoln), they may try to convice both to switch sides and work for them (perhaps eliminating Castro and Davis respectively) instead.

I don't know. As awsome orators both were (especially Lincoln), they may try to convice both to switch sides and work for them (perhaps eliminating Castro and Davis respectively) instead.
Are you kidding? Someone shoots you in the f.ucking head and
you going to talk to them?

Bullshit! You're gonna throw-down!

Billo_Really said:
Are you kidding? Someone shoots you in the f.ucking head and
you going to talk to them?

Bullshit! You're gonna throw-down!

I don't know...you are talking about two 'to the core' politicians. Jack may just come out with guns-a-blazing, but wouldn't bet against Abe telling some humourous story about a snake, a turtle, and a rabbit to gain some favor. Next thing you know, he'll be inviting Booth to the theater...

Hmm. I would absolutely love a dinner chat with these royal women. They each hold wonderous secrets!

Hatshepsut
Tiye
Ankhesenpaaten
Kleopatra IV

Politican: Hitler
For pleasure: Oscar Wilde

hmm. that is a good question.
Nicholas II ( of Russia) to find out what actually happened....
King Edward VIII
Robert Kennedy
Ronald Reagon
Lee Harvey Oswald ( to find out if he really did kill JFK and if he did, I can hit him. lol)

When did John McEnroe and Nikky Sixx die?:confused:

ngdawg said:
When did John McEnroe and Nikky Sixx die?:confused:

John McEnroe hasn't died. Nikki Sixx did die in the 90's when he OD'd on heroin. Lucky for him that the doctors brought him back to life. I don't think the people we invite to dinner have to be dead, just from history.

1. Jesus
2. My dad (who passed away just over 3 years ago now) :(
3. John Wayne
4. John F. Kennedy

Of course, I look forward to seeing them all, but hopefully not for another 40-50 years! :cool:

In case you are wondering, my dad's name is JAMES Hilton, but he went by 'Hilton'. Just cool coincidence and noticing after-the-fact that my list consists of 4 'J's.

Khufu a.k.a Cheops or Suphis - I want to know why and how the Great Pyramid was built and if they truly knew the circumference of the earth or whether it was a mathmatical coincidence. If so....how?

Nikola Tesla - Want to know if the Siberian explosion in 1908 was the result of a Tesla Coil and not an asteroid.

Stephen Hawkins - I am just impressed with the intelligence this man possesses and would enjoy hearing his theories in person.

Albert Einstein - went to tech. school with this great grandson...not the sharpest edge I might add... so Im curious there....but would enjoy the interaction and possible debates with Hawkins and Tesla

A major topic would also be The Philadelphia Experiment a.k.a Project Rainbow. I want to know if it in fact was accomplished and if in fact men were lost in time and trapped in the walls of the ship etc.

Ho Chi Minh
Lindon B Johnson
George W Bush
Hugo Chavez

Itd be nice to have these people actually have a face to face conversation for a change.

Who From History Would You Invite To Dinner?

Probably some 19th century or early 20th century writer; Edgar A. Poe, or Samuel Clements, or HP Lovecraft, or Louisa Alcott, or Emily Dickenson, or Jean-Paul Sartre, or Albert Camus (although I doubt any of them would actually come to dinner; most were notable recluses), or else one of the beat poets- Kerouac, Ginsberg, Burroughs, Hubert Selby jr.
Or maybe Queen Elizabeth I; I've always found her a compelling historical figure.
Or her mom, Anne Boleyn. Or both of them; I could play "Oprah Winfrey" and reunite the two of them, since they never got to meet in real life.
I don't know; there are many possibilities.
I'd like to meet some of my own dead ancestors face to face, although I'm not sure most of them would qualify as "historical figures".

Back
Top Bottom