• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Who From History Would You Invite To Dinner?

Morrissey (not dead, not really historical either, but wtf)
George Orwell
Rosa Luxembourg
Mikhail Bakunin

That would be fun.

Ghandi
Gaius Julius Caesar
Queen Elizabeth I
Saladin
Charles Darwin
Oskar Schindler
Winston Churchill
and Helen of Troy, if she existed.

Helen of Troy too (she's so cute in the movie, wanna chack if the legend is true :p )
Pythagore (to break his teeth)
Jesus (to learn how to walk on water > I'd like to cross the atlantic by foot)
Newton, just before the apple falls (so that I can explain his theory before.That would be called "the Bubian Law of Gravity")
Hitler, in 1920 (to tell him "keep on paintin' dude")

Soon, many people are gonna want to meet me and by 100 years they'll write my name on this topic :cool:

Abigail Adams
Sojourner Truth
Maria Curie
Deborah Sampson

Soon, many people are gonna want to meet me and by 100 years they'll write my name on this topic :cool:

Sorry bub. I sent this thread into a temporal rift 100 years in the future. Your name didn't turn up on any of the lists. :2wave:

Good question. Theres alot of dead people I would want to meet but if it really came down to it I guess it would have to be these 5 dudes.

Rameses II
Napoleon
William Wallace
Julius Caesar
Ernesto "Che" Guevara

I've always been a big fan of military heavyweights.

I would invite Plato and Aristotle, set them on the dinner table facing each other and just watch the show.

I would invite four of the most learned scholars from the library at Alexandria, and write down everything that they know.

-Brad Nowell
-Che Guevara
-John Lennon
-Anne Frank
-Edgar Allen Poe

Churchill. He know how to drink.

Ah, the first thread I ever started. Does my heart good to see it still attracts interest.

Hoffa
&
Oswald

(I got questions :) )

Galileo
&
The Pope who forced him to Recant, Urban the VIII

I will admit that the fourth is invited merely so the third can enjoy watching me mocking him, then applying the Inquisition's methods to him. Would be fun to hear this dirtbag recant Catholocism. :devil:

TOT's credibility
aquapub's logic
pstdkid's kindness
Stinger's jurisprudence

Those are as dead as any others
that are listed, aren't they?

I honored (and touched) you have chosen
to devote a part of your day to me.

well, that is one way to avoid being dishonest . . .

no content = no lies

Originally posted by voidwar:
well, that is one way to avoid being dishonest . . .

no content = no lies
You do know how to a void war!

wow, nursery games with others names :roll:

Actually, I'm a Hawk, and I also just confronted your tripe twice, so I don't really think I'm avoiding anything.

Originally posted by voidwar:
wow, nursery games with others names

Actually, I'm a Hawk, and I also just confronted your tripe twice, so I don't really think I'm avoiding anything.
You watch too much TV!

still no content

Playing to the level of the reader.

Come on guys. Don't ruin my first thread.:boohoo:

Originally posted by Captain Courtesy:
Come on guys. Don't ruin my first thread.
I'm trying! It is pretty easy to see him baiting the hook and trying to push my buttons. I want to stay on topic, but sometimes I feel if I don't have some kind of response, I'm a *****. I tried to keep short, though.

How's this for getting back on track:

I would invite to dinner,

2 guys that had paid for their girlfriends abortions
and the 2 aborted babies.

That would be interesting.

Back
Top Bottom