• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Who From History Would You Invite To Dinner?

I'd invite Peter Kropotkin, Murray Rothbard, Benjamin Tucker and Franz Oppenhiemer.

I'm trying! It is pretty easy to see him baiting the hook and trying to push my buttons. I want to stay on topic,

Another dishonest statement from Billo.

You weren't trying to stay on topic at all.

You were taking personal shots at 4 other posters on the board. . .

TOT's credibility
aquapub's logic
pstdkid's kindness
Stinger's jurisprudence

Those are as dead as any others
that are listed, aren't they?

Hmmm...

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - A fascinating study in creativity and excellence. Besides, every dinner party should feature a measure of entertainment.

Albert Einstein - I would like to learn of his thought process in regards to the Cosmological Constant (Λ). In a similar vein, I would also like to hear his musings on the discovery of dark matter and dark energy. Perhaps he would be astonished? Perhaps not?

Queen Ankhesenamun - The third daughter of Akhenaten/Nefertiti and the wife of Tutankamun. No one knows her fate and her tomb has never been found. Due to her station and longevity, there is perhaps no one better suited to thoroughly explain the Amarna Period.

Moses - Hebrew liberator, leader, lawgiver, prophet, and historian. Who wouldn't like to kick it around with someone who actually met God?

Adolf Hitler - To cap the evening off in unforgettable manner, a personal debate between myself and Der Führer. Mine would be the last voice heard as he tumbled back into the abyss.

Originally posted by voidwar:
Another dishonest statement from Billo.

You weren't trying to stay on topic at all.

You were taking personal shots at 4 other posters on the board. . .
I want to be sensitive to Captain Courtesy's request, but since you won't shut your god-damn mouth, I feel the need to comment on your deliberate lying and attempted character assassination.

So my response is as follows...

I would invite to dinner you and 3 random children you want to kill.

Because you are a wanna be child killer. You have admitted this yourself.

I think Israel should kill every single member of Hamas and Hezbollah, and their wives, mothers, non-procreative associates, and children. Leave none alive to seek vengeance, and the feud can die.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/archives/16366-why-wont-israelis-give-peace-chance.html#post452911
Yet, you deliberatly try to put forth the notion that an honest mistake...

Originally Posted by Billo_Really
Shouldn't you be out killing Palestinian children as when you openly admitted to wanting them dead?
Again, you show your lack of mental acuity.

I said hezbollah, not Palestinian, and I dare you to find a quote to the contrary.

Is this statement of yours innaccurate due to pure intellectual inability, or a deliberate attempt to bait and switch the terms "Palestinian" and "Hezbollah" ?

Flee, Clown.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/us-pa...534-wtf-happened-my-country-4.html#post508676
...was a deliberate lie on my part without any evidence to prove as such. Prove my statement was deliberately made to deceive. At the time I made it, I didn't remember which particular children you wanted dead. My point was that your desire to kill children speaks volumes about your own sense of humanity.

I make no distinction between the various children you want to see dead. I do think it is one of the most disgusting things I have ever read on this board .

Moderator's Warning:
Voidwar and Billo... CaptainCourtesy respectfully requested that you resist temptation. Apparently for naught. You are both banned from this thread.

One would have to correct my English…. Sorry .. but anyway:
1.My grandrandfather.
2. My garndgrandgrandfather.
3.My grandgrandgrandgrandfather.
4. My grandgrandgrandgrandfather.
Besides the obvious reasons none of the above would ask me the most reasonable question: “And who are you that I would have spend my precious time with you?”

Can somebody correct my English?

One would have to correct my English…. Sorry .. but anyway:
1.My grandrandfather.
2. My garndgrandgrandfather.
3.My grandgrandgrandgrandfather.
4. My grandgrandgrandgrandfather.

Now that would be an interesting dinner.

I'd have little to say to my gg's and ggg's, I'm afraid, beyond: "F@#$ you, you rotten patriarchal slave-owning turds."

Then I'd kick their shins, under the table.

CC, was this really your first thread? It's been an interesting one (before the hijack)....MORE, MORE :lol:

Yup. First thread I ever started...I had posted quite a bit on other's threads before that. I'm a history buff, but since the History Forum doesn't see a lot of action, I tend not to start a lot of threads there. I've got a quite a few ideas... I'll post one in the next couple of days and see what kind of interest it develops.

Oh, and BTW, missypea...who would you invite to dinner? :mrgreen:

Yup. First thread I ever started...I had posted quite a bit on other's threads before that. I'm a history buff, but since the History Forum doesn't see a lot of action, I tend not to start a lot of threads there. I've got a quite a few ideas... I'll post one in the next couple of days and see what kind of interest it develops.

I'd want to invite too many people to feed, but without a lot of thought, the first five that come to mind.....

Thomas Jefferson
Ben Franklin
Harriet Tubman
Lewis & Clark

JFK, Khrushchev, Adlai Stevenson, Brezhnev, and Reagan. I am an avid Cold War buff. The candid talk would simply be priceless. I would love to hear their thoughts, un-polluted by political pressure. Straight from the heart. What they really thought, how they really believed, what were their true convictions, and how they viewed their own participation in how we got where we are today.

And Jimi Hendrix. I am a guitar player and Hendrix, while certainly not the greatest, was definitely an inspiration to me as a young and aspiring picker. It would just be very cool to pick his brain.

Great thread CC.

Last edited:
JFK, Khrushchev, Adlai Stevenson, Brezhnev, and Reagan. I am an avid Cold War buff. The candid talk would simply be priceless. I would love to hear their thoughts, un-polluted by political pressure. Straight from the heart. What they really thought, how they really believed, what were their true convictions, and how they viewed their own participation in how we got where we are today.

And Jimi Hendrix. I am a guitar player and Hendrix, while certainly not the greatest, was definitely an inspiration to me as a young and aspiring picker. It would just be very cool to pick his brain.

Great thread CC.

How do you think JFK and Reagan would match up? Both were great speakers, though JFK wrote most of what he said, whereas Reagan had most of his written for him.

I'd want to invite too many people to feed, but without a lot of thought, the first five that come to mind.....

Thomas Jefferson
Ben Franklin
Harriet Tubman
Lewis & Clark

Just curious...what makes you chose these five and how do you think it would go?

Just curious...what makes you chose these five and how do you think it would go?

I think American history is fascinating. My grandmother actually arrived in the great northwest via covered wagon. She had some amazing stories (which to her, were just part of her life). When she was 91 she went blind, but that little lady still went to her garden and weeded by touch. She died when I was 19 and I wish I would have listened more.

My dad hopped on a box car when he was 15 because he wanted to see the world. I know one of his first stops was in eastern WA, where he helped with the construction of the Grand Coulee Dam. He ended up a paratrooper in the military....but those are other stories....

I think I'll add Grandma and Dad to my list :)

Jefferson, Tubman, Franklin, Lewis & Clark because they were courageous among other things. They all had a vision of something more, not necessarily for themselves, but for mankind. I respect that. Their passion for learning, growing, exploring and justice went beyond self. I really admire them.....and many, many more.

1. Marquis de Sade
2. Galileo
3. Michelangelo
4. Chief Crazy Horse

Runners up:
Homer (If he actually existed)
Cleopatra

I prefer a quiet meal, so I'd have to say...

Helen Keller

How do you think JFK and Reagan would match up? Both were great speakers, though JFK wrote most of what he said, whereas Reagan had most of his written for him.

Perhaps Reagan had speechwriters; however, I've read just about every book there is on Reagan and the books that were written that had his hand-written letters in them tells me that his ideals and thoughts parallel his public-written-for-him-speeches pretty much to the letter. My God, that's a long run-on sentence....

Now, my 4 people

1) Reagan
2) Gorbachev

Would love to hear what these 2 leaders talked about in private during their summits.

3) Jesus Christ
4) JFK

I think both would actually have some common ground. I believe Reagan was dubbed the "Great Communicator" for a reason. He was articulate and I believe he was very convicted about his beliefs. JFK was obviously intelligent and articulate. I would have to say that JFK wouldn't really have anything on Reagan. Of course, I suppose the debate topic would weigh heavily here.

So to recap...I don't really know how it would end up, but I think it would be closer to a draw than anything else.

I only have room for 4 people (including myself) so I would invite

Jefferson
Lincoln
FDR
Jesus

After allowing them all to catch up on the history they have missed, Lincoln and FDR would become apologetic for what they did while Jefferson and I scowl back. :mrgreen:

- Al Sharpton
- Jesse Jackson
- Jerry Falwell
- Nathaniel Bedford Forrest

I think both would actually have some common ground. I believe Reagan was dubbed the "Great Communicator" for a reason. He was articulate and I believe he was very convicted about his beliefs. JFK was obviously intelligent and articulate. I would have to say that JFK wouldn't really have anything on Reagan. Of course, I suppose the debate topic would weigh heavily here.

So to recap...I don't really know how it would end up, but I think it would be closer to a draw than anything else.

OK, my thread, I can take this in a little different direction for a moment. ;)

Set the agenda...any debate you want. How do you think JFK and Reagan would do with it?

I only have room for 4 people (including myself) so I would invite

Jefferson
Lincoln
FDR
Jesus

After allowing them all to catch up on the history they have missed, Lincoln and FDR would become apologetic for what they did while Jefferson and I scowl back. :mrgreen:

What would Lincoln and FDR be apologizing for?

OK, my thread, I can take this in a little different direction for a moment. ;)

Set the agenda...any debate you want. How do you think JFK and Reagan would do with it?

Ok, I'll set the agenda, you all discuss.....

Gun Control :2razz:

Back
Top Bottom