• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

who do U think is the best president ever

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
**** Monroe let's talk Marshall Plan, MacArthur, IMF, WTO, World Bank GAAT etc

Yeah but thats off the thread topic. They werent presidents.

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
enh as long as we're getting into U.S. foriegn policy lets bring up the saviors of the free world . . . us.
BWAHAHAHA:lol:

I say it's FDR because he pulled this country out of the great depression!:2razz: :smile: :mrgreen:

MORALLY, Jimmy Carter hands down...... Dishonestly, Dick Nixon.......

Comrade Brian said:
I said I kind of liked him for his Great Society efforts,

Yes yes we know...you want to enslave the world and you worship the Jewish Mafia.

I heard this already...boring.

Lucidthots said:
Yes yes we know...you want to enslave the world and you worship the Jewish Mafia.

I heard this already...boring.

How did you know?:lol:

And I am not familiar with it? Forgive me for correcting you but who was the first individual on this forum that announced washingtons name? I beleive it was I. Then everyone else followed with the same assessment. Although others noted other great presidents there are still more that say washington.
Yes, everyone that came up with the same conclusion as you was just copying you :p

Every 2nd grader can name Washington as the greatest president ever, congradulations on figuring that one out buddy :D

Yeah but thats off the thread topic. They werent presidents.
You are starting to get confusing, when we are talking about presidents and their effects on the world or nation, how is it off topic to talk about the effects on the world or nation?

MORALLY, Jimmy Carter hands down...... Dishonestly, Dick Nixon.......
Not so necessarily the most dishonest, but the one who got caught.

Presidents like Lincoln are "great" and celebrated even though they ignored the Constitution (the supposed supreme law of the land) for periods of time during their presidencies. Not that it wasn't necessary in some way, just something to think about.

Re:

Yes, everyone that came up with the same conclusion as you was just copying you :p

Every 2nd grader can name Washington as the greatest president ever, congradulations on figuring that one out buddy

You just patronized yourself; you do know that right? Am I seriously getting this good at debate where I can get people to make fun of themselves?

You are starting to get confusing, when we are talking about presidents and their effects on the world or nation, how is it off topic to talk about the effects on the world or nation?

Umm..... here is the thread title if you forgot. "who do U think is the best president ever" The thread never says anything about discussing other prominent figures just presidents and their effects not WW2 generals
and other organizations. And what does James Monroe have to do with a WW2 General? He wasnt talking about effects of a President he was talking about the possible discussion on other institutions and documents.

You just patronized yourself; you do know that right? Am I seriously getting this good at debate where I can get people to make fun of themselves?
I never said that it was some great and original idea and everyone agreed with me... like you did:
Forgive me for correcting you but who was the first individual on this forum that announced washingtons name? I beleive it was I. Then everyone else followed with the same assessment.

I have to say Teddy Roosevelt, especially after his presidency when he ran for the bull moose party. Teddy had some radical ideas that helped American politcs regain its blood flow after the era of forgettable presidents

What can I say Lincoln, who did more for America? Why Roosevelt may have don e things that were put upon him, but it is not how we react which makes us good, it is how we do and go against the tide. Lincoln did this he went against a whole nation of racism even giving quotes "A single person who is right makes a majority" He knows what he was doing.

Lucidthots said:
Washington

Jefferson

Jackson

Lincoln

Theodore Roosevelt

Good list, except I'd replace Jackson with FDR or Wilson. They led us through some major conflicts and set the precedents for modern political/economic issues (Keynesian economics and IGOs respectively..)

Party_Of_Lincoln said:
What can I say Lincoln, who did more for America? Why Roosevelt may have don e things that were put upon him, but it is not how we react which makes us good, it is how we do and go against the tide. Lincoln did this he went against a whole nation of racism even giving quotes "A single person who is right makes a majority" He knows what he was doing.

Yes but Lincoln only acted on slavery because the American public forced him to. He could have just as easily not freed the slaves.

However, because he did free them and just for that he is my 2nd favorite president.

Che said:
Yes but Lincoln only acted on slavery because the American public forced him to. He could have just as easily not freed the slaves.

However, because he did free them and just for that he is my 2nd favorite president.

I suggest you read this article on Linocln:

Article from American History Magazine
April 2005

Lincoln: Tyrant, Hypocrite or Consummate Statesman?

The key to understanding Lincoln's philosophy of statesmanship is that he always sought the meeting point between what was right in theory and what could be achieved in practice.

By Dinesh D'Souza More
http://www.dineshdsouza.com/articles/abelincoln.html

Che said:

Lincoln wasn't forced to by public, the Republican party was originally formed as an antislavery party, democrats were split over the issue.

Now, any conservative, republican, or otherwise, do not consider using this for attacking the dem. party, it was around 150 yrs. ago, things were very different.

He was also my 2nd fav. after FDR.

Comrade Brian said:
Lincoln wasn't forced to by public, the Republican party was originally formed as an antislavery party, democrats were split over the issue.

Now, any conservative, republican, or otherwise, do not consider using this for attacking the dem. party, it was around 150 yrs. ago, things were very different.

He was also my 2nd fav. after FDR.

Sorry my bad! I didn't mean forced but more acted not on morals but because he thought it would keep the union together :mrgreen:

funny how the republican party has changed.

I liked FDR except that married his 3rd cousin which is, you know a little strange

I think Jimmy Carter was the best president hands down, because he was as honest as the day is long; unlike every other president. He genuinely cares about people. His IQ is about 150, he is brilliant. His moral character is of a high caliber.

alphieb said:
I think Jimmy Carter was the best president hands down, because he was as honest as the day is long; unlike every other president. He genuinely cares about people. His IQ is about 150, he is brilliant. His moral character is of a high caliber.

Yes I agree he was a good president and went on to win a nobel peace prize. However he didn't handle Iran-Contra very well which scared him for the rest of his presidential term and life

...Deja vu?

Best President ever was Bill Clinton.

He smoked pot, played sax, had a stable of bitches, p!ssed off neo's and I had a job every day he was President.

Billo_Really said:
Best President ever was Bill Clinton.

He smoked pot, played sax, had a stable of bitches, p!ssed off neo's and I had a job every day he was President.

I'm a bleeding heart Dem, so I maybe a little biased; but I liked Clinton too. I know he had his faults, but he is still brilliant and I respect him. He came from basically nothing, unlike King Bush coming from wealth and having everything handed to him on a silver plate including politics. Save for his family tree, he would be an ex-bankrupt oil man whose business went bad and that is it!!!! Of course, if he wasn't a Bush he would have never had an oil business anyway or better yet; if the Bush's were not who they are he would be just another dumbo.

By the way, I'm glad you changed that pic. I got tired of looking at O'Rielly.

Originally Posted by alphieb:
By the way, I'm glad you changed that pic. I got tired of looking at O'Rielly.
Sam's the man. With him as my avatar, the knobs on my debate now go to "11".

Back
Top Bottom