• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

who do U think is the best president ever

George Washington.

Why? Because he was in charge when the nation literally had absolutely
nothing... no budget, no tax revenue, no real sense of direction other than
"...no longer under British rule," a fledgling (and untried) Constitution,
massive war debt... in essence, a country without a chance in h#$% of
surviving.

The man served under circumstances which would make lesser men falter,
withdraw and fail.

Just my opinion.

The Real McCoy said:
No human devised system will ever completely erase poverty and other economic woes.

I believe you are correct, but I think there are systems which would cut it down to nearly nothing.

SKILMATIC said:
My personal favorite is washington. Without him this country would never exist. Thats what makes him the best period. Without him you wouldnt have the rest of the presidents. :cool:

well, there were, 11 "Presidents" before him?:lol: but not before his generalship....

Otherwise, i like Teddy "the Good" Roosevelt... the other ... bad man, bad bad.

libertarian_knight said:
well, there were, 11 "Presidents" before him?:lol: but not before his generalship....

Otherwise, i like Teddy "the Good" Roosevelt... the other ... bad man, bad bad.

Yes, there were but those were under the old constitutions(aka articles). I am talking about the present day constitution.

You all are way off it's obviously Washington, he set the bar in that he stepped down when it was time in direct contradiction to any one who had come before him, when he had the power he didn't let it corrupt him and thus set the stage for what would become the status quo but at the time it was far from it.

I kinda like T. Roosevelt.
I forgot TR in my post... He had much effect on the Nation, Big Stick... Trusts... Conservation... Monroe Doctrine Corollary (good or bad)... Panama Canal.

-Demosthenes- said:
I forgot TR in my post... He had much effect on the Nation, Big Stick... Trusts... Conservation... Monroe Doctrine Corollary (good or bad)... Panama Canal.

You do know that the Monroe doctrine was actually from James Monroe right, and not TR?

You all are way off it's obviously Washington, he set the bar in that he stepped down when it was time in direct contradiction to any one who had come before him, when he had the power he didn't let it corrupt him and thus set the stage for what would become the status quo but at the time it was far from it.

Bingo, someone is getting it. If it were not for him setting the stage for all the others we could be in a world of hurt when presidents refuse to step down from power. If it were not for washington this country and the way we do things would never exist. Leave it to a farmer to do it. :lol: Farmers of this country are the backbone of this nation. These are the people that make this countries foundation. We often at times these days forget our beloved farmers. However, if it were not for them we wouldnt have food, and we would have never become the US. Hats off to the farmers.

On the other hand, the only negative thing farmers did in our history is make us fight a civil war by constantly wanting to instill slavery into society which insodoing devided us.

You do know that the Monroe doctrine was actually from James Monroe right, and not TR?

Really? So that's why it's called the Monroe doctrine? Jee-wizz batman.
:shock:

The Monroe Doctrine was fairly ineffectual untill later in teh 19th century, though. It was mere ink on paper with no force behind it. Big talk, no walk.

You're all forgetting William Henry Harrison, quite possibly the greatest ruler the face of the earth has ever seen. He just didn't have enough time to really get rolling.

Sorry my post was meant for those familiar with US history, I'll explain it for you.

For those of us familiar with TR's administration his Corollary to the Monroe Doctrine was perhaps one of the most important actions of his presidency. It was a sort of amendment to the Monroe Doctrine effectively declaring the United States the International "Police" of Latin America.

SKILMATIC said:
Your kidding right?

JIMMY CARTER IS AND WAS A GOOD PERSON/GOOD PRESIDENT..,...NO.
JIMMY CARTER IS BRILLIANT......HIS IQ IS ABOUT 150.......HE ALSO HAS A HEART OF GOLD AND IS HONEST AS THE DAY IS LONG.......THAT WAS HIS PROBLEM.

alphieb said:
JIMMY CARTER IS AND WAS A GOOD PERSON/GOOD PRESIDENT..,...NO.
JIMMY CARTER IS BRILLIANT......HIS IQ IS ABOUT 150.......HE ALSO HAS A HEART OF GOLD AND IS HONEST AS THE DAY IS LONG.......THAT WAS HIS PROBLEM.
In terms of "greatness" he had little effect compared to other presidents.

Washington

Jefferson

Jackson

Lincoln

Theodore Roosevelt

Technocratic_Utilitarian said:
Really? So that's why it's called the Monroe doctrine? Jee-wizz batman.
:shock:

The Monroe Doctrine was fairly ineffectual untill later in teh 19th century, though. It was mere ink on paper with no force behind it. Big talk, no walk.

Really? You mean JFK never used it in the 20th century? Or any other WW presidents?

Sorry my post was meant for those familiar with US history, I'll explain it for you.

For those of us familiar with TR's administration his Corollary to the Monroe Doctrine was perhaps one of the most important actions of his presidency. It was a sort of amendment to the Monroe Doctrine effectively declaring the United States the International "Police" of Latin America.

And I am not familiar with it? Forgive me for correcting you but who was the first individual on this forum that announced washingtons name? I beleive it was I. Then everyone else followed with the same assessment. Although others noted other great presidents there are still more that say washington.

SKILMATIC said:
Really? You mean JFK never used it in the 20th century? Or any other WW presidents?

And I am not familiar with it? Forgive me for correcting you but who was the first individual on this forum that announced washingtons name? I beleive it was I. Then everyone else followed with the same assessment. Although others noted other great presidents there are still more that say washington.

He's right Skil the Monroe Doctrine was widely supported through out the America's and was originally established to keep the Russians out of the N. West territory, however, at that time we didn't have the military to back it up and European colonialization in L. America lasted well into the latter 19th century.

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
He's right Skil the Monroe Doctrine was widely supported through out the America's and was originally established to keep the Russians out of the N. West territory, however, at that time we didn't have the military to back it up and European colonialization in L. America lasted well into the latter 19th century.

Did I ever say he was wrong? Tell me where in that post did I ever refute those facts?

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
It seemed that you were disagreeing with the fact that the Monroe Doctrine was pretty much empty verbage though a good idea was unenforcable.

No when I disagree you will know it. :lol:

I was simply adding to his post. I want to make sure everyone else knows the extent to which the monroe doctrine entailed.

Back
Top Bottom