• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who created GOD, or where did GOD come from

LittleNipper

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
This Video may provide some enlightenment to this age old question:

Don't need no video to answer those questions...no one created Him...He has no beginning or no end of existence...

"Now to the King of eternity, incorruptible, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen." 1 Timothy 1:17
https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/li/r1/lp-e

:rolleyes:

Frightened, fragile, superstitious, manipulative men created all the gods. All of them.

Man created god.

Man has created several gods or other higher powers/forces. Most accompanied by human ‘representatives’ said to be necessary because God said so.

Pay the lord, but use my account. ;)

Or not.
Shall I assume you're unable, or unwilling, to express your own ideas on this issue? Many here on DP aren't willing to simply sit through anyone's video link without some idea about content and length.

Could you summarize?

Man has created several gods or other higher powers/forces. Most accompanied by human ‘representatives’ said to be necessary because God said so.

Pay the lord, but use my account. ;)
Any of those God's get humiliated, and crucifide and we set our history when around they were born?

Well i got through 8 minutes. I prefer my evolutionary theory discussing the creation of deities as a having a competitive advantage on those 'tribes' that exploited the abstract concepts involved, to support warfare and social policing. While these two theories are not mutually exclusive, mine does not require nearly an hour of anyone's time. I am not sure this 'God' issue is worth a lot more of mine.

Last edited:
Who created God? Nobody, God has always been. We exist within God and God exists within Us.

We are in the process of creating god. God is creating and perfecting himself through us.

People have yet to create a god any better than people.

Or not.
Shall I assume you're unable, or unwilling, to express your own ideas on this issue? Many here on DP aren't willing to simply sit through anyone's video link without some idea about content and length.

Could you summarize?
Have you ever expressed YOUR own ideas regarding Evolution, or how life originated, and the Big Bag Theory. I'd love to hear you chatter on and on that subject. You seem to get annoyed when Christians post anything that may assist in any discussion you don't agree with, but I highly doubt that you'd be so willing to present the topic of evolution, etc., in your own words. No one is suggesting you need to sit through anything for an hour at a time. You may always come back to a video and resume where you left off. One can presume that you don't tell a science instructor what to do and that he maybe wasting your precious time........ Get over yourself.

The question is unanswerable. Assuming a being with the ability to create a universe ex nihilio, we have no context to begin understanding anything about it.

The question is unanswerable. Assuming a being with the ability to create a universe ex nihilio, we have no context to begin understanding anything about it.

That is why everything about gods has to be made up.

That is why everything about gods has to be made up.
Oh, it doesn’t have to be made up: we just have no way to distinguish between genuine knowledge or divine inspiration and invention or delusion.

Meaning: even if there is a god AND at least one person does have genuine knowledge of that god and its properties, there is no way for anyone (including the person him/herself) to verify it.

My stance is that since we would not be able to tell the difference between a universe with a god and one without, then there is no reason to think there are any.

Oh, it doesn’t have to be made up: we just have no way to distinguish between genuine knowledge or divine inspiration and invention or delusion.

Meaning: even if there is a god AND at least one person does have genuine knowledge of that god and its properties, there is no way for anyone (including the person him/herself) to verify it.

My stance is that since we would not be able to tell the difference between a universe with a god and one without, then there is no reason to think there are any.

Of course it has to be made up. Observing gods is impossible. Claims of divine inspiration are just unverifiable claims. There literally is not difference to be distinguished among knowledge, divine inspiration, invention, or delusion when it comes to gods. There is zero knowledge of gods, and the rest arise from the human imagination in one way or another. There is not if when it comes to gods existing in reality, because there is no possibility.

I agree with your stance, but gods are only taken seriously because so many people have taken them seriously. It is the human tendency to fall for the ad populum fallacy.

We have J E S U S.

But we do. Christians have the Bible. Is the history found within it true? We have been able to verify some things (if not many). Are there prophetic messages that are coming to fruition? Why yes there are ---- and that is want makes the BIBLE so credible. Have scientists created biological life from dust? Why no that does seem impossible, and it also seems that while we may grow crops in moon dirt --- we had to bring it back and plant the seeds on earth. And finally, are there people around who seem much nicer whose only claim to fame is that they are PROFESSING Christians (not mere church attenders)?

Who created God? Nobody, God has always been. We exist within God and God exists within Us.
That's nice. Prove it!

We have J E S U S.
Who was human (with different theories of type and degree of divinity). Doesn’t help with understanding the true perspective of a universe-creating being.

HOW did God create the universe? WHAT was God’s existence before the universe…what does existence outside space and time even mean? We do not have even the most basic concepts to answer these and many other questions.

Have you ever expressed YOUR own ideas regarding Evolution, or how life originated, and the Big Bag Theory.
On evolution, there's no debate about it in my mind. It has been demonstrated countless times, it's postulates tested and proven, and its dynamics continue to be reaffirmed with newer technology that was unheard of in Darwin's day. It meets all the rigors applied to scientific inquiry.
As for the precise origin of life on this planet, I don't pretend to know. But from a purely scientific standpoint, this question has only realistically been asked for less than 200 years. So, unlike the natural sciences, which have been a part of human scientific inquiry for hundreds of years, this should surprise no one. Keep in mind that the first "gene" was only discovered in 1972, so this is really new stuff.
As for the Big Bag Theory, I find the ones at IKEA to be the biggest.
😆
(I slay me!)
I'd love to hear you chatter on and on that subject.
No - you would not.
You seem to get annoyed when Christians post anything that may assist in any discussion you don't agree with, but I highly doubt that you'd be so willing to present the topic of evolution, etc., in your own words.
This assumes facts not in evidence.
No one is suggesting you need to sit through anything f aaor an hour at a time. You may always come back to a video and resume where you left off.
If you can't even summarize the content of the video you posted, I don't know why anyone would bother to watch it. If it's nothing more than creationist proselytizing, then just say so an spare us all the waste of time.
One can presume that you don't tell a science instructor what to do and that he maybe wasting your precious time........
So that's who you're comparing yourself to?
Get over yourself.
Given the preceding sentence, you should look in the mirror.

Who was human (with different theories of type and degree of divinity). Doesn’t help with understanding the true perspective of a universe-creating being.

HOW did God create the universe? WHAT was God’s existence before the universe…what does existence outside space and time even mean? We do not have even the most basic concepts to answer these and many other questions.
GOD existed before time. Without time a second is a trillion years and a trillion years is not even a I mean even when nanosecond. GOD just is and likely exists outside our dimension. GOD is so far beyond us, it would be even more complex than comparing an ameba to a human. I mean even when scientists talk about the Universe being BILLION of years old ---- how really comprehendible is that to anyone. How does one compare that to a human lifetime of even 100 years? Even with Methuselah living 900 years dwarfs to nothingness when one considers billions of years. There are some things that I believe even in heaven we will never know most of what God knows come 100 trillion years...

First, you would have to show evidence of a god before jumping into how it would have got here.
We all are evidence of GOD. Our very existence is evidence of GOD. Answers to prayers are evidence of GOD. The MESSSIAH is evidence of GOD. The wind is evidence of GOD ------ who sees the wind? Yes, one can witness what the wind is capable of but not see it. And gravity is invisible, yet one sees its power. And there is magnetism. Who really understands its invisible power? How can people experience such things and not perceive GOD, who is the creator of it all and illustrated by it beautifully.

We all are evidence of GOD. Our very existence is evidence of GOD. Answers to prayers are evidence of GOD. The MESSSIAH is evidence of GOD. The wind is evidence of GOD ------ who sees the wind? Yes, one can witness what the wind is capable of but not see it. And gravity is invisible, yet one sees its power. And there is magnetism. Who really understands its invisible power? How can people experience such things and not perceive GOD, who is the creator of it all and illustrated by it beautifully.
That is a religious belief, not evidence. Certainly, you know that right?

Back
Top Bottom