• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who created GOD, or where did GOD come from

That is a religious belief, not evidence. Certainly, you know that right?
AhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhh! When is THE WIND, GRAVITY, and MAGNATISM ------- a religious belief? Am I on the wrong planet ----- or has modern education really destroyed the minds of everyone under 40.

AhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhh! When is THE WIND, GRAVITY, and MAGNATISM ------- a religious belief? Am I on the wrong planet ----- or has modern education really destroyed the minds of everyone under 40.
What planet are you on? Your "education" doesn't seem to have helped you at all. The wind, gravity, and magnetism are ALL scientifically quantifiable forces. The wind, gravity, and magnetism are ALL objectively reproducible and measurable elements of the natural world. The recognition of their existence is NOT based on faith of any kind, nor is their existence alone any "evidence" of god. Apparently your "education" has destroyed your mind . . . . whatever your age is.

Welp dude Im way over 40 if that helps to cool your ageism? And yes you are on the wrong planet. The one that we are on the norm is not to be rude, dude.

The gardener? No, I caught him peeing on the neighbor's fence.

Bad Jesus.....
I have a good friend named Jesus, he stopped wearing holey jeans because of the jokes. But I would never call him a gardener that's just bigotry.

Welp dude Im way over 40 if that helps to cool your ageism? And yes you are on the wrong planet. The one that we are on the norm is not to be rude, dude.
I'm nearly 70 and I see the norm as being very rude, especially towards people of faith, as long as one can be so incognito. Oh, and yes, I was a hippie once ---- people sort of outgrow it or they simply look like they never matured past adolescence ---- the Rolling Stones are a prime example. I'm surprised if any of them can still hear but they certainly are pickled. I don't listen to that crap anymore.

I'm nearly 70 and I see the norm as being very rude, especially towards people of faith, as long as one can be so incognito. Oh, and yes, I was a hippie once ---- people sort of outgrow it or they simply look like they never matured past adolescence ---- the Rolling Stones are a prime example. I'm surprised if any of them can still hear but they certainly are pickled. I don't listen to that crap anymore.
Then you are old enough to know that nothing is worse now than it ever was. And actually, you should know that things are better now.

As far as being a hippie, that was a catch-all phrase mostly used by people older people to describe younger people they did not like. They actually called themselves freaks. But you should know that right?

Oh and the Stones were mainstream crap that no self loving freak would listen to.

Where did Zeus and Thor come from and where did they go?
People create Gods and when they stop believing in it the Gods go the way of the Dodo

There was no time and space then there was a big explosion.

Where did Zeus and Thor come from and where did they go?
People create Gods and when they stop believing in it the Gods go the way of the Dodo
1200px-Re-Horakhty.svg.png

Then you are old enough to know that nothing is worse now than it ever was. And actually, you should know that things are better now.

As far as being a hippie, that was a catch-all phrase mostly used by people older people to describe younger people they did not like. They actually called themselves freaks. But you should know that right?

Oh and the Stones were mainstream crap that no self loving freak would listen to.
I didn't generally listen to The Rolling Stones (there were a couple of tunes they did that I cared to hear), I was a Jesus Freak, and I liked The Moody Blues, Simon and Garfunkel, Classical, and Ragtime. I used "Hippie" because everybody's heard of that.

And I am old enough to tell you that things are worse, today... One wasn't always afraid of saying the "Wrong Thing" --- being POLITICALLY CORRECT. Remember telling Elephant Jokes? Do you remember singing Thanksgiving Hymns and Christmas Carols in music class in PUBLIC SCHOOL. Remember decorating bulletin boards for the various holidays without much supervision? Remember wearing costumes to school for Halloween and going outside in class group circles to show off those costumes? Remember when two return trips home to empty your pillowcase full of candy was barely enough? Remember when some families made candied apples to hand out to the children? Remember going door to door selling candy for Scouts and parents not being concerned? Remember going door to door selling magazine subscriptions to raise money for the high school class trip? Do you remember saying things and the worst thing to happen was a fight and perhaps having a note sent home from the teacher? Remember getting a spanking for saying "Damn it"? Do you remember running around the neighborhood in teams collecting oddball stuff for some church youth group scavenger hunt? Do you remember the doctor coming to the house when you were sick? Do you remember milk deliveries? Do you remember wearing you Scouting uniform to school and showing off you pen knife to the other kids? Do you remember waking up on Saturday morning and riding to a friend's house on your bicycle and eating lunch there and then coming home at dinnertime after having a ball all day, and then going out again till is started to get dark? Do you riding to the movie house with your friends on your bicycles and watching a Disney cartoon? Do you remember watching Band Stand, Perry Mason and Rocky & Bullwinkle on TV? Remember being able to watch any show on Television and not hear any cussing? Remember when none of the jars and bottles and tubes in the supermarket had safety seals? Remember when all the neighbors knew all the about all the other families and the kids all referred to the parents as MR. or MRS.? Remember when most families could afford to by a brand new car about every 8 years or maybe less? Remember being able to ride in the rear of a pickup? Remember going to a drive-in? Remember being able to open a savings account about for one dollar? Remember being able to earn no less than one percent interest on that savings account? Remember being able to send Christmas Cards for 4 cents? Remember being able to send penny postcards for 1 cent? Remember when you knew the name of your postman and likely the meat cutter at the grocery? Remember the stores washing their windows every few weeks? Remember when all the stores decorated their windows for the holidays? Remember when you heard the church bells ringing every Sunday morning? Remember enjoying going to Vacation Bible School and being picked up by a bus, and how happy mom was to get you out of her hair for a couple of hours for a week each summer to some church that some neighbor recommended? Remember being able to buy gas and not have to imagine that the price would be different from one day to the next? Remember when they actually washed the windows on the auto for you? Remember not having to wait in line for gas but driving over a hose that rang a bell so the station attendant knew a car had come in for service? Remember when the dry cleaner went door to door to pick up the laundry?

Remember when everyone bought a Sunday Newspaper on Saturday evening and the comics were in color? Remember Friday Night being FAMILY NIGHT? Remember when only old sailors had tattoos? Remember when the most suggestive billboard was that promoting suntan lotion (with a little girl and the puppy)? Remember when everyone knew how to tell time without a digital readout? Remember crossing toll bridges being always free on Special Holidays (Example: Christmas)? Remember when a kid got hurt and no one made a Federal case out of it? Remember when Driver's Ed. was a part of the health class curriculum in high school. Remember when the most important thing was the safety of the automobile and not the emissions? Remember being sent next door to borrow some milk, or an egg, or a cup of sugar for your mother? Remember being asked to go (walk or ride the bike) to the store as a kid to buy bread by your mom? Remember being sent to the mailbox down the street to mail something? I'm sure that there are others that were once so commonplace and now seem weird or even "dangerous". But I do firmly believe children were brought up to be more responsible, more capable, and far less spoiled in general. Would I rather turn back time? What I'd rather see is a return to living and enjoying the values that in many ways have fallen by the wayside. Yes, indeed things are worse now than they once were, but they don't have to be ----- it is because people seem to live in a state of fear. Fear that their children will be kidnaped or poisoned. Suspicious of neighbors. Concerned that schools are not the places to review life events. To become annoyed with strangers correcting the behavior of one's child that is misbehaving (And I believe the annoyance is because they don't do it themselves as often as they should, if at all). After going over this, I find while things were never "perfect", they were at least trying the best they could with what they had.

I didn't generally listen to The Rolling Stones (there were a couple of tunes they did that I cared to hear), I was a Jesus Freak, and I liked The Moody Blues, Simon and Garfunkel, Classical, and Ragtime. I used "Hippie" because everybody's heard of that.

And I am old enough to tell you that things are worse, today... One wasn't always afraid of saying the "Wrong Thing" --- being POLITICALLY CORRECT. Remember telling Elephant Jokes? Do you remember singing Thanksgiving Hymns and Christmas Carols in music class in PUBLIC SCHOOL. Remember decorating bulletin boards for the various holidays without much supervision? Remember wearing costumes to school for Halloween and going outside in class group circles to show off those costumes? Remember when two return trips home to empty your pillowcase full of candy was barely enough? Remember when some families made candied apples to hand out to the children? Remember going door to door selling candy for Scouts and parents not being concerned? Remember going door to door selling magazine subscriptions to raise money for the high school class trip? Do you remember saying things and the worst thing to happen was a fight and perhaps having a note sent home from the teacher? Remember getting a spanking for saying "Damn it"? Do you remember running around the neighborhood in teams collecting oddball stuff for some church youth group scavenger hunt? Do you remember the doctor coming to the house when you were sick? Do you remember milk deliveries? Do you remember wearing you Scouting uniform to school and showing off you pen knife to the other kids? Do you remember waking up on Saturday morning and riding to a friend's house on your bicycle and eating lunch there and then coming home at dinnertime after having a ball all day, and then going out again till is started to get dark? Do you riding to the movie house with your friends on your bicycles and watching a Disney cartoon? Do you remember watching Band Stand, Perry Mason and Rocky & Bullwinkle on TV? Remember being able to watch any show on Television and not hear any cussing? Remember when none of the jars and bottles and tubes in the supermarket had safety seals? Remember when all the neighbors knew all the about all the other families and the kids all referred to the parents as MR. or MRS.? Remember when most families could afford to by a brand new car about every 8 years or maybe less? Remember being able to ride in the rear of a pickup? Remember going to a drive-in? Remember being able to open a savings account about for one dollar? Remember being able to earn no less than one percent interest on that savings account? Remember being able to send Christmas Cards for 4 cents? Remember being able to send penny postcards for 1 cent? Remember when you knew the name of your postman and likely the meat cutter at the grocery? Remember the stores washing their windows every few weeks? Remember when all the stores decorated their windows for the holidays? Remember when you heard the church bells ringing every Sunday morning? Remember enjoying going to Vacation Bible School and being picked up by a bus, and how happy mom was to get you out of her hair for a couple of hours for a week each summer to some church that some neighbor recommended? Remember being able to buy gas and not have to imagine that the price would be different from one day to the next? Remember when they actually washed the windows on the auto for you? Remember not having to wait in line for gas but driving over a hose that rang a bell so the station attendant knew a car had come in for service? Remember when the dry cleaner went door to door to pick up the laundry?
I don't remember any of this ^^
I remember "when I was a kid we had ONE toy. And it was a stick"
All I remember is being told how great it is now and how hard it was back when

Last edited:

Well, they probably listened to them a bit when like all other bands of that era, the Stones went psychedelic.

Guffaw, prove it. You can't even prove you're not a bot. :ROFLMAO:
So you can't prove it? Not surprising. So your claims cannot be taken seriously or with any credibility.

And I am old enough to tell you that things are worse, today... One wasn't always afraid of saying the "Wrong Thing" --- being POLITICALLY CORRECT. Remember telling Elephant Jokes? Do you remember singing Thanksgiving Hymns and Christmas Carols in music class in PUBLIC SCHOOL. Remember decorating bulletin boards for the various holidays without much supervision? Remember wearing costumes to school for Halloween and going outside in class group circles to show off those costumes? Remember when two return trips home to empty your pillowcase full of candy was barely enough? Remember when some families made candied apples to hand out to the children? Remember going door to door selling candy for Scouts and parents not being concerned? Remember going door to door selling magazine subscriptions to raise money for the high school class trip? Do you remember saying things and the worst thing to happen was a fight and perhaps having a note sent home from the teacher? Remember getting a spanking for saying "Damn it"? Do you remember running around the neighborhood in teams collecting oddball stuff for some church youth group scavenger hunt? Do you remember the doctor coming to the house when you were sick? Do you remember milk deliveries? Do you remember wearing you Scouting uniform to school and showing off you pen knife to the other kids? Do you remember waking up on Saturday morning and riding to a friend's house on your bicycle and eating lunch there and then coming home at dinnertime after having a ball all day, and then going out again till is started to get dark? Do you riding to the movie house with your friends on your bicycles and watching a Disney cartoon? Do you remember watching Band Stand, Perry Mason and Rocky & Bullwinkle on TV? Remember being able to watch any show on Television and not hear any cussing? Remember when none of the jars and bottles and tubes in the supermarket had safety seals? Remember when all the neighbors knew all the about all the other families and the kids all referred to the parents as MR. or MRS.? Remember when most families could afford to by a brand new car about every 8 years or maybe less? Remember being able to ride in the rear of a pickup? Remember going to a drive-in? Remember being able to open a savings account about for one dollar? Remember being able to earn no less than one percent interest on that savings account? Remember being able to send Christmas Cards for 4 cents? Remember being able to send penny postcards for 1 cent? Remember when you knew the name of your postman and likely the meat cutter at the grocery? Remember the stores washing their windows every few weeks? Remember when all the stores decorated their windows for the holidays? Remember when you heard the church bells ringing every Sunday morning?…. Blah blah blah…

Blah blah blah… I'm sure that there are others that were once so commonplace and now seem weird or even "dangerous". But I do firmly believe children were brought up to be more responsible, more capable, and far less spoiled in general. Would I rather turn back time? What I'd rather see is a return to living and enjoying the values that in many ways have fallen by the wayside. Yes, indeed things are worse now than they once were, but they don't have to be ----- it is because people seem to live in a state of fear. Fear that their children will be kidnaped or poisoned. Suspicious of neighbors. Concerned that schools are not the places to review life events. To become annoyed with strangers correcting the behavior of one's child that is misbehaving (And I believe the annoyance is because they don't do it themselves as often as they should, if at all). After going over this, I find while things were never "perfect", they were at least trying the best they could with what they had.
paraphrase for those who don’t like reading huge walls of text:

waaahhhh…I’m old, frightened, and I hate change of any kind.

People have yet to create a god any better than people.
I have noted that the god people beleive in is a reflection of themselves, God hates the same people they do, and loves the same people they do, and by golly boy gosh, out of all the god and god beliefs out there, they just happen to have the right one.

Please speak for yourself. I regard that nothing is wrong with improvements. That said, simply changing things so one can say it's changed is stupid and a foundation based on ignorance. To remove GOD from school because you are a weak person and don't care how doing such a thing will harm education cannot be good. To fulfill a latter day governmental opinion is not the reason to spoil the learning process for the vast majority of students.

Please speak for yourself. I regard that nothing is wrong with improvements. That said, simply changing things so one can say it's changed is stupid and a foundation based on ignorance. To remove GOD from school because you are a weak person and don't care how doing such a thing will harm education cannot be good. To fulfill a latter day governmental opinion is not the reason to spoil the learning process for the vast majority of students.
Who's removing God from school? The school simply cannot promote or preach God, per the constitution.

So you’re okay with Allah in schools?

Back
Top Bottom