• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

white house goes to war with sheriff joe

washamericom

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
i think the obama administration is petty and stupid for going to political war with sheriff joe. obama has a history of using his justice depatment to settle political scores, a very "chicago way to do things". sheriff joe may be the one stop in obama's road of bullying, intimidation, manipulation and abuse of power.

i think eventually, once people see obama for what he really is, a smooth talking mob boss, the fundementals and principles of law will shine through again.

Joe Arpaio, Arizona Sheriff, Rebuked By Justice Department For Civil Rights Violations

this is stupid politically and it will blow up in their faces in the election. love him or hate him, in a nation of laws, this sheriff is refreshing.

a lot of people are yearning for getting control of the asylum back from the inmates, especially after occupy summer, which is still going on.

a few years ago people did hard time for having a joint in their pocket. now the liberal government is ok with and encourages illegal border violation. and in seattle last night occupiers threw bags of paint, lighted roadflares, bricks and steel bars at police. obama '12 ?

Last edited:
As I posted on another thread this is just the tip of the ice berg. Much of the population is fed the **** up with Arpaio. Some legislators actually requested the feds investigate Arpaio. A list of the his intransigencies regarding the feds and local governments would take up most of the page. Most recently it has been discovered that Arpaio neglected to investigate over 400 sexual assault that were reported in the NW part of Maricopa County. The wealth and power in the county is in the NE. Arpaio is also in deep **** for using his office to attempt to intimidate his political enemies in city government, some pretty nasty stuff.

As I posted on another thread this is just the tip of the ice berg. Much of the population is fed the **** up with Arpaio. Some legislators actually requested the feds investigate Arpaio. A list of the his intransigencies regarding the feds and local governments would take up most of the page. Most recently it has been discovered that Arpaio neglected to investigate over 400 sexual assault that were reported in the NW part of Maricopa County. The wealth and power in the county is in the NE. Arpaio is also in deep **** for using his office to attempt to intimidate his political enemies in city government, some pretty nasty stuff.

WND can find nothing in the recent accusations published by the Associated Press that was not a repeat of the charges made more than three years ago.

Read more: Sheriff Joe to Obama: I'll keep doing my job Sheriff Joe to Obama: I'll keep doing my job

millions of people adore him for standing up to crime and corruption, even from the allegedly corrupt justice department. you can't help but feel the political tension.

Last edited:
Oh, and Washam, just a word of advice. If you are looking for truth I'd put World News Daily as one of the last on your list of reliable resources. You do have a list of varied resources from several perspectives don't you?

Oh, and Washam, just a word of advice. If you are looking for truth I'd put World News Daily as one of the last on your list of reliable resources. You do have a list of varied resources from several perspectives don't you?

are they right about this ??

why did you use three fresh panels in less than 25 minutes ? i don't care but we've been getting complaints in conspiracy theory and i just got points on my license for using too much cyberspace.

Last edited:

from the tucson sentinel
Thanks to our supporters!

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugex....,cf.osb&fp=d6f4b804f9f84a38&biw=1294&bih=585

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Center_for_Constitutional_Rights

so i'll ask again, did wnd get it wrong ? is there anything new here ?

The Justice Department said it hadn't yet established a pattern of alleged wrongdoing by the sheriff's office in the three areas where they will continue to investigation: complaints of excessive force against Latinos, botched sex-crimes cases and immigration efforts that have hurt the agency's trust with the Hispanic community. (this tainted account and reluctant admission from huffington at the end of their article)

Last edited:
I lived in Phoenix for 12 years under the reign of that ****nut arpaio. Stiff-arming is all he's got and it fails the public terribly. Phoenix has a large population of illegal immigrants and his idea to handle crime is to cordon them off. It's implementation creates a self-fulfilling prophecy. "Immigrants are criminals with criminal behavior." Why? Because no immigrant will ever talk to the cops about the shooting because they may themselves be deported if they approach a cop. Now we have a system where there is a subculture that has no police protection from gangs and such behavior. The gangs know this and kidnap and murder and whatnot in that subculture because they know that no one will turn them in.

I mean if you go to Phoenix's south side, it's another world. They have their own shopping centers and banking and everything. Their lives are removed from the city they actually live in and it hurts economically and with help in fighting crime. All this we owe to arpaio's stiff-arm tough-guy bull**** that makes him look tough on TV and ineffective IRL. Bottom line is, apaio's tactics make crime much worse.

Last edited:
I lived in Phoenix for 12 years under the reign of that ****nut arpaio. Stiff-arming is all he's got and it fails the public terribly. Phoenix has a large population of illegal immigrants and his idea to handle crime is to cordon them off. It's implementation creates a self-fulfilling prophecy. "Immigrants are criminals with criminal behavior." Why? Because no immigrant will ever talk to the cops about the shooting because they may themselves be deported if they approach a cop. Now we have a system where there is a subculture that has no police protection from gangs and such behavior. The gangs know this and kidnap and murder and whatnot in that subculture because they know that no one will turn them in.

I mean if you go to Phoenix's south side, it's another world. They have their own shopping centers and banking and everything. Their lives are removed from the city they actually live in and it hurts economically and with help in fighting crime. All this we owe to arpaio's stiff-arm tough-guy bull**** that makes him look tough on TV and ineffective IRL. Bottom line is, apaio's tactics make crime much worse.

he sounds like a giulianni: what about justice department statistics like this??

Crime rate drop in Maricopa County exceeds national average

i like that sheriff joe was born on flag day and was a D.C. cop

i like that holder's investigation of arpaio is a fail, and arpiao's investigation of obama is still pending.

In November 2007 a group calling itself Arizonans for the U.S. Constitution and Recall of Joe Arpaio filed the paperwork to begin an effort to recall Arpaio and County Prosecutor Andrew P. Thomas from office for allegedly disobeying and violating the United States Constitution and abuse of power.[87] Their petition to get a recall question for the two officials onto the next general election ballot failed when the group was unable to collect the more than 200,000 registered voter signatures required.[88] In a survey taken by the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication, while the petition was in circulation, nearly three out of four respondents opposed the recall, and 65 percent of the respondents held a positive opinion of Arpaio.[89]

Last edited:
He is a hero. A defender of our country. Ha has huge cajones. The feds should be doing their job of protecting our borders in the first place so he can take care of his own business instead of doing theirs.

Joe Rocks!

he sounds like a giulianni: what about justice department statistics like this??

i like that holder's investigation of arpaio is a fail, and arpiao's investigation of obama is still pending.

In November 2007 a group calling itself Arizonans for the U.S. Constitution and Recall of Joe Arpaio filed the paperwork to begin an effort to recall Arpaio and County Prosecutor Andrew P. Thomas from office for allegedly disobeying and violating the United States Constitution and abuse of power.[87] Their petition to get a recall question for the two officials onto the next general election ballot failed when the group was unable to collect the more than 200,000 registered voter signatures required.[88] In a survey taken by the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication, while the petition was in circulation, nearly three out of four respondents opposed the recall, and 65 percent of the respondents held a positive opinion of Arpaio.[89]

The ends do not justify the means. We could go into a complete total police state and tear up the Constitution...I'm sure crime would drop!

Can you stop talking like you're giving a show and tell presentation in elementary school? Use some more explanation in fleshing out your opinion, instead of just starting every sentence with "i like that" or "i think that"

It shouldn't be Sheriff Joe it should just be a number.

He is a hero. A defender of our country. Ha has huge cajones. The feds should be doing their job of protecting our borders in the first place so he can take care of his own business instead of doing theirs.

Joe Rocks!
What he said!

How are you at all going to say Sheriff Joe rocks or is a "good guy"?
A US district court judge ruled in 08 and 10 that the Maricopa County jails violated the constitutional rights of the inmates.
He refused to cooperate with the Department of Justice when he was accused of discrimination and unconstitutional search and seizures.
Judge John Leonardo of Pima County Superior Court found that Arpaio "misused the power of his office to target members of the (Board of Supervisors) for criminal investigation."
He has a long long list of targets that he targeted with his abuse of power.
He violated the election law.
Misused over 100 million in funds.
The Munnel Memo exposed him and his second in command on years of misconduct

Apparently they have this weird view that he's "standing up to the man".....while he pisses on the Constitution and creates a virtual police state for the poor in his county.

A US district court judge ruled in 08 and 10 that the Maricopa County jails violated the constitutional rights of the inmates.
He refused to cooperate with the Department of Justice when he was accused of discrimination and unconstitutional search and seizures.
Judge John Leonardo of Pima County Superior Court found that Arpaio "misused the power of his office to target members of the (Board of Supervisors) for criminal investigation."
He has a long long list of targets that he targeted with his abuse of power.
He violated the election law.
Misused over 100 million in funds.
The Munnel Memo exposed him and his second in command on years of misconduct

Illegals have no rights, they are for "citizens". The current court system is corrupt itself and under the thumb of Obama and the nut-job Attorney General.

Illegals have no rights, they are for "citizens". The current court system is corrupt itself and under the thumb of Obama and the nut-job Attorney General.

Ohh i see what you did there. You just ignored all the points that go against Sheriff Joe that shows him to be a extremely corrupt, intolerant, person, then you twisted it around and tried to just pin it and blame it on Obama. Bravo!

Let me see if I understand you correctly.... are you suggesting that ONLY a "citizen" is afforded any rights in this country?

would you please show me the part of the Constitution which indicates the established rights to be only those of citizens
the right to vote and hold office are exclusive to citizens, but what of the others, such as due process, causes them to be unavailable to non-citizens

The ends do not justify the means. We could go into a complete total police state and tear up the Constitution...I'm sure crime would drop!

how ironic a choice of words since ends justify the means is the alinsky battle cry and flag obama travels under. you libs trip all over yourselves sometimes. obama wants choas and a civilian police state, but he has to finish search and destroy first, that's why you have occupy wall street... that's why we have elections.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom