• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

White House celebrates Maoist Yuri Kochiyama who cheered bin Laden, communist massacre in Peru

From the same crowd who thinks celebrating "indigenous people's day" is "cancel culture" and worship a genocidal colonist who never even set foot on American soil.

If you're madder about what this woman said, than the authoritarian, unconstitutional shit that was actually done to her and her family, kindly shut the **** up.

Spare the rest of the us the fake outrage.

Praising Bin Laden, whose followers have murdered untold thousands of innocent people across the Middle East and North Africa— not to mention Shining Path, which did the exact same thing in Peru— is pretty ****ing despicable. Once again, tens of thousands of people were interned in those exact same camps and, funnily enough, didn’t decide to start support some of the most evil groups in the world.

Anybody who voted for Biden has not love of country, but only the hatred of Trump. This sickening hatred is damaging our country more than anything, today....but for some reason, they just cannot get over the anger, hatred, and contempt.....they don't care about America.
Pure idiocy as usual.

She seems similar to some of the 60s radicals that followed the USG's lead and fought violence with violence.

She got this right:

"America's greed, aggressiveness, and self-righteous arrogance must be stopped. War and weaponry must be abolished."

To be fair, love of country almost expressly requires you to hate people like Trump.

The hatred Biden voters had for Trump caused their blindness in refusing to see the truth of the corruption of the Biden family, now we are all paying the effects. President Trump always put America first, in the economy, trade deals, border protection, etc. Your hatred came first over love of country....gee, tks a lot.

Pure idiocy as usual.

It's the damn truth and seen in well over 80% of the threads on this forum. It's hate Trump this, hate Trump that, in almost every thread.....nothing for the love of country.

The hatred Biden voters had for Trump caused their blindness in refusing to see the truth of the corruption of the Biden family, now we are all paying the effects. President Trump always put America first, in the economy, trade deals, border protection, etc. Your hatred came first over love of country....gee, tks a lot.

Heres the thing....even if the Biden family IS corrupt, they are no more corrupt than Trump and his group.

Trump never put America first....he always did what was in HIS best interests before what might have been good for the nation.....or were you just not paying attention to his constant bleating about businesses coming back here even though he himself was still having his cheap ass suits and even his MAGA hats made by sweatshop labor in China?

I hated Trump because I love this country. I hated him because he was a boorish oaf who at every opportunity made America look like we had lost our collective minds by electing such a petulant child.

I did not know this about her, and it is oddly s=missing from the fox News story:

"...Kochiyama's activism led directly to the US Senate's agreement to pay reparations and apologize to Japanese Americans and others who were interred during the second world war."

Link

It's the damn truth and seen in well over 80% of the threads on this forum. It's hate Trump this, hate Trump that, in almost every thread.....nothing for the love of country.
Not wanting Trump as president means one loves America.

Heres the thing....even if the Biden family IS corrupt, they are no more corrupt than Trump and his group.

Trump never put America first....he always did what was in HIS best interests before what might have been good for the nation.....or were you just not paying attention to his constant bleating about businesses coming back here even though he himself was still having his cheap ass suits and even his MAGA hats made by sweatshop labor in China?

I hated Trump because I love this country. I hated him because he was a boorish oaf who at every opportunity made America look like we had lost our collective minds by electing such a petulant child.

A vote for Biden was not a love of country, no matter how you attempt to justify yourself.....the guy is a well known corrupt politician for many, many years. It's all on you.....

Not wanting Trump as president means one loves America.

Not very patriotic, voting for Biden, a career crooked politician, well known for many years......it's that Biden was your only choice....you were coerced, tricked, hoodwinked and left dangling. You were lied to by the media and big tech, along from Biden and the democrats, and so called intel experts.....they all fooled you. You were used.

Well maybe if the United States Government hadn't thrown her and her family in a Japanese-American internment camp she might have turned out to be a little less sympathetic to such people.
Errr...did you just excuse her cheering on a terrorist organization? ****ing crazy...

Anybody who voted for Biden has not love of country, but only the hatred of Trump. This sickening hatred is damaging our country more than anything, today....but for some reason, they just cannot get over the anger, hatred, and contempt.....they don't care about America.
You can have both.

Our side didn't attack congress.

She seems similar to some of the 60s radicals that followed the USG's lead and fought violence with violence.

She got this right:

"America's greed, aggressiveness, and self-righteous arrogance must be stopped. War and weaponry must be abolished."
Abolishing weaponry is a very naive and misguided idea. What if the US had no weaponry to help Ukraine with, for a start? Abolishing war is a good goal.

You can have both.

Our side didn't attack congress.

Your side did much worse......supported the destruction of billions in property damage, looting, rioting, thousands of injuries to police officers, many murders.....and it went on for months on end, and we all watched it live on TV. This picture of the left is not good, then they pick the likes of Biden as president.....more bad news. Jan. 6th pales in comparison to what the left has done and is doing to our country......investigations and panels will ensue soon for these many treasonous acts against our country.

Seriously? You couldn't find someone who was more deserving? You had to pick the chick who roots for Osama Bin Laden, Fidel Castro & the murderous Shining Path?
Yeah, she is not the best person to celebrate. I don't support this.

Now, will you refuse to support a psychopath who will attempt overthrow elections and illegally stay in office just because he lost?

Yeah, she is not the best person to celebrate. I don't support this.

Now, will you refuse to support a psychopath who will attempt overthrow elections and illegally stay in office just because he lost?
Did that a looooooong time ago...after the 1/6 attack.

Actually, i stopped "listening" to him after the 2020 elections when he started screaming "FRAUD!" every 5 minutes. 1/6 was the last straw and i wanted nothing more to do with him.

Sorry, but you have it completely backwards.

No, I think you do when it comes to 'abolishing weapons'. There was a similar sentiment after WWI - as the west wanted disarmament as the Axis powers built powerful militaries. Churchill wrote a book about it, "While England Slept", with JFK following with "Why England Slept". He privately called himself a 'nearly peace at any price president" but supported 'peace through strength' recognizing a need for a strong force for deterrence.

It's a nice 'someday' goal to find a global political situation that allows for abolishing weapons, but we are nowhere near it.

We're in a 'strength needed to deter' period and there's no alternative we can see. The UN was an effort to reduce war, but while there weren't really wars in Europe much from WWII to Ukraine, outside of Yugoslavia, was has hardly been eliminated, and Ukraine could tell you that it was perceived weakness that led to Putin's war, and they'd let you know what they think of disarmament.

Things are going the opposite direction, given China's coming attempt to use their coming status as the world's greatest economy with 20% of the world's population, to become a military superpower as well and try to defeat democracy in the world as much as they can, rightly seeing it as a threat to their tyranny, much less the global movement for authoritarianism in many countries.

Last edited:
No, I think you do when it comes to 'abolishing weapons'. There was a similar sentiment after WWI - as the west wanted disarmament as the Axis powers built powerful militaries. Churchill wrote a book about it, "While England Slept", with JFK following with "Why England Slept". He privately called himself a 'nearly peace at any price president" but supported 'peace through strength' recognizing a need for a strong force for deterrence.

It's a nice 'someday' goal to find a global political situation that allows for abolishing weapons, but we are nowhere near it.

We're in a 'strength needed to deter' period and there's no alternative we can see. The UN was an effort to reduce war, but while there weren't really wars in Europe much from WWII to Ukraine, outside of Yugoslavia, was has hardly been eliminated, and Ukraine could tell you that it was perceived weakness that led to Putin's war, and they'd let you know what they think of disarmament.

Things are going the opposite direction, given China's coming attempt to use their coming status as the world's greatest economy with 20% of the world's population, to become a military superpower as well and try to defeat democracy in the world as much as they can, rightly seeing it as a threat to their tyranny, much less the global movement for authoritarianism in many countries.

The USG has been leading the arms race (by far) and co-opting the weak international justice system for at least several decades. That perpetuates problems; it doesn't solve them.

You've switched to or had hibernating conservative views, of which there are too many to deal with.

Your bottom line is: Maybe we'll try progressive principles, some year (decade/century/millennium).

The USG has been leading the arms race (by far) and co-opting the weak international justice system for at least several decades. That perpetuates problems; it doesn't solve them.

You've switched to or had hibernating conservative views, of which there are too many to deal with.

Your bottom line is: Maybe we'll try progressive principles, some year (decade/century/millennium).

You're simply wrong, and being rather obnoxious in doing it. You seem incapable of understanding anyone else might be correct and you might not have some things right, and you lash out and make false and offensive attacks because you have that limitation. I could just as easily say you have conservative views like the pre-WWII Republican isolationists - in fact I'd be much more correct than you.

Because of this, you prevent agreeing on things and ironically create unneeded conflict making yourself someone not pleasant to talk to. A discussion is one thing and offensive insults based on your lack of understanding are another. For that reason I don't even care to respond and am not sure I want to read much more of that type of bad posting.

You're simply wrong, and being rather obnoxious in doing it. You seem incapable of understanding anyone else might be correct and you might not have some things right, and you lash out and make false and offensive attacks because you have that limitation. I could just as easily say you have conservative views like the pre-WWII Republican isolationists - in fact I'd be much more correct than you.

Because of this, you prevent agreeing on things and ironically create unneeded conflict making yourself someone not pleasant to talk to. A discussion is one thing and offensive insults based on your lack of understanding are another. For that reason I don't even care to respond and am not sure I want to read much more of that type of bad posting.
Offff. Irony meter broke on this post.
iu

Well maybe if the United States Government hadn't thrown her and her family in a Japanese-American internment camp she might have turned out to be a little less sympathetic to such people.
Sure, I can see how that would justify praising dictators and murderers.

Sure, I can see how that would justify praising dictators and murderers.

I didn't say that.
I'm saying that she is a train wreck because she got sent to the camp...it's part of her entire PTSD sitch.
Get it?

You seem to be taking it personally. If people can't hash political views out on here, what's the point?

I'm "simply wrong" about what (of several points) in that comment of mine?

If you're actually making that claim (at the end of your first paragraph): Support it with good reasoning.

Back
Top Bottom