• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"White Elevators" sign spotted at Republican Convention Arena

It certainly hasn't been conservatives pointing at the sign and calling it racist. That all comes from your side.

So the difference between one, and more than one is above you. Noted!

It certainly hasn't been conservatives pointing at the sign and calling it racist. That all comes from your side.

No one on the left is pointing at the elevator signs and calling it racist.......we are laughing about the poor planning and poor image that the GOP can't seem to avoid portraying.

I understand that Obama wants to change the color. How does pink instead of white sound to everyone. The other choice clearly would be black.

Don't think it couldn't happen. Here in Canada, our buffoon of a Prime Minister decided it would be a great idea to march in this past month's Gay Pride Parade waving a Canadian flag in rainbow colours - this after the Liberals passed legislation to change the words of our national anthem to words a little more PC and liberal speak.

Don't think it couldn't happen. Here in Canada, our buffoon of a Prime Minister decided it would be a great idea to march in this past month's Gay Pride Parade waving a Canadian flag in rainbow colours - this after the Liberals passed legislation to change the words of our national anthem to words a little more PC and liberal speak.

Conservatives here in the US passed legislation to change our Pledge of Allegiance to make it fit their political right-wing speak.....so I guess it runs across the spectrum.

I think the point went over your head. No one is claiming that these elevators are "racist"...LOL. The point is....it is just a poor thought out plan....kind of like the notorious logo that lasted less than 24 hours. It hasn't been a good 72 hours for the Drumpf.

No it didn't go over my head.

Just the fact that you took the time to make light of a possible "nothing at all"?

No it didn't go over my head.

Just the fact that you took the time to make light of a possible "nothing at all"?

It wasn't my creation.....its all over the internet. Just another in a line of unfortunate events in the last 72 hours for Mr. Drumpf.

It wasn't my creation.....its all over the internet. Just another in a line of unfortunate events in the last 72 hours for Mr. Drumpf.

It's all over the internet? Is that like on social media? Twitter maybe? That place Charles Barkley famously says "fools go to feel important"?

Bingo.....that's the whole point that the knee-jerkers on this thread missed!

Yeah but it's not anyone we care about's decision. It doesn't reflect badly on Trump, or the RNC, or anything, just that some mid level staffer didn't have the foresight to realize his color coded elevator idea could have this problem.

It's all over the internet? Is that like on social media? Twitter maybe? That place Charles Barkley famously says "fools go to feel important"?

Several news agencies have reported on it.....so sorry....it wasn't just my creation, although I would like to be able to take credit for being the one to discover the gaffe. Things just don't seem to be going well for Donald right now.

Yeah but it's not anyone we care about's decision. It doesn't reflect badly on Trump, or the RNC, or anything, just that some mid level staffer didn't have the foresight to realize his color coded elevator idea could have this problem.

Kinda like his intercourse logo? Was his disastrous performance in the 60 minutes interview his fault or was that a mid level staff as well?

So..........................we both agree that it is another ignorant false premise created to stir up non thinkers?

No one on the left is pointing at the elevator signs and calling it racist.......we are laughing about the poor planning and poor image that the GOP can't seem to avoid portraying.

The only poor planning here is that they didn't realize that a liberal like yourself, who only sees things in terms of race, would try to make the sign about race, instead of what it actually was. Their only problem is that they didn't think small-minded enough.

Several news agencies have reported on it.....so sorry....it wasn't just my creation, although I would like to be able to take credit for being the one to discover the gaffe. Things just don't seem to be going well for Donald right now.

I don't dispute your views of Donald Trump - I share them. Donald Trump isn't the issue here, however. It's the petty incivility and disgusting abuse of blacks by liberals in America.

So..........................we both agree that it is another ignorant false premise created to stir up non thinkers?

It wasn't a false premise at all. The articles as well as my post indicated the correct context. It simply shows another poor mistake made by the Donald in what has been a series of unfortunate events for him over the past 72 hours.

Kinda like his intercourse logo? Was his disastrous performance in the 60 minutes interview his fault or was that a mid level staff as well?

No the logo was almost certainly approved by Trump and obviously he owns whatever interview he's in. But things done and approved by mid-level staffers are the fault of mid level staffers.

The only poor planning here is that they didn't realize that a liberal like yourself, who only sees things in terms of race, would try to make the sign about race, instead of what it actually was. Their only problem is that they didn't think small-minded enough.

Is that how you explain his intercourse logo as well? Ok.....how do you explain his poor performance on 60 minutes? Chalk it up to a bad day?

I think the point went over your head. No one is claiming that these elevators are "racist"...LOL. The point is....it is just a poor thought out plan....kind of like the notorious logo that lasted less than 24 hours. It hasn't been a good 72 hours for the Drumpf.

So why are you calling him Drumpf when his name is Trump?

And I don't think this whole situation is a lack of foresight, just an over-reaction by some.

So why are you calling him Drumpf when his name is Trump?

And I don't think this whole situation is a lack of foresight, just an over-reaction by some.

His true ancestoral name is Drumpf.

Next year, I am applying for a position in whatever marketing department works for the RNC seeing how many openings there will be.

It wasn't a false premise at all. The articles as well as my post indicated the correct context. It simply shows another poor mistake made by the Donald in what has been a series of unfortunate events for him over the past 72 hours.

It's Trump's mistake that he didn't personally oversee the minutia of elevator labeling?

‘White Elevators’ Sign Spotted at Republican National Convention Arena

In a truly inexplicable move—especially given the issues Republicans have had with so-called minorities this election cycle— a sign was posted with the words “White Elevators,” pointing to an elevator bank at the Republican National Convention site in Cleveland this weekend.

Apparently there are three banks of elevators and they labeled them Red - White - Blue. However, considering the uphill battle that the GOP has attracting minority voters, this is not the image that they wanted portrayed. Poor Donald Drumpf....nothing seems to be going right for him. First the disastrous 60 minute interview and now this!

View attachment 67204446

That is quite amusing.

To be honest, theroot.com isn't a site you should depend on for....anything.

Just as the guy who farts points at everyone else in the room claiming they did it, liberals point at everyone else and scream racist!!

Racist! (Just to prove you right)

What is the point of this stupid thread? Everyone that knows anything about the "issue" realizes it has nothing to do with race. Simply more attempts to race bait instead of reporting on important policy decisions that will actually make a difference this election.

I mean it was stupid to do this because it can and will get taken out of context. But since we know the context, why do we care?

Because people are stupid is the obvious answer and the only people that care about this are the typical race agitator's.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom