• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Which side do you think is more hate filled?

Which side do you think is more hate filled?

• Total voters
I am not sure if we are talking forum or in general. Are people in cyberspace more hateful than in the real world?

Both have hatred in their hearts, just like their views - for different things.

I am not sure if we are talking forum or in general. Are people in cyberspace more hateful than in the real world?

Doesn't matter. Though I will note that because of the anonymity afforded in an online setting often loosens inhibitions and as a result people are more real than they are face to face. So essentially it adds up to the same thing.

Doesn't matter. Though I will note that because of the anonymity afforded in an online setting often loosens inhibitions and as a result people are more real than they are face to face. So essentially it adds up to the same thing.

You might be right. Cyberia is a venue to vent frustration, or perhaps we more easily witness what has been there all along.
But I guess that is an entirely different topic.

Interesting poll. I agree with the results. As usual, the left are hypocrites because they don't know how to look in the mirror.

Explain to me how I am a hypocrite. This should be entertaining...

Explain to me how I am a hypocrite. This should be entertaining...

When you accuse the right of trying to force their values on others and then turn around and force your values on them. Just one example: Kim Davis (a lifelong Democrat by the way), the clerk in Kentucky who didn't feel right issuing marriage licenses to gays that had her name on them due to her religious beliefs. The left felt better about putting her in jail, tar and feathering her, and rubbing her nose in it rather than the Democratic governor at the time simply taking her name off the licenses such as the current Republican governor has already done and she is still the clerk there and licenses are being issued to gays there without her name on them. Simple solution but the left would rather force their values on her because they didn't want her forcing her values on them.

When you accuse the right of trying to force their values on others and then turn around and force your values on them. Just one example: Kim Davis (a lifelong Democrat by the way), the clerk in Kentucky who didn't feel right issuing marriage licenses to gays that had her name on them due to her religious beliefs. The left felt better about putting her in jail, tar and feathering her, and rubbing her nose in it rather than the Democratic governor at the time simply taking her name off the licenses such as the current Republican governor has already done and she is still the clerk there and licenses are being issued to gays there without her name on them. Simple solution but the left would rather force their values on her because they didn't want her forcing her values on them.

First off, you are ascribing to me positions I do not hold. Secondly, it is not hate filled to expect the government to serve the people.

She was "tarred and feathered"? Really?

There was no reason to take her name or title off the paperwork since she had agreed to do that job impartially. That means that her religious beliefs had no place being used in any capacity during her duties as the Clerk of that County. How would you have felt if she would have wanted her name removed from licenses issued to those in interracial marriages? How is that different? What if her claim was that it was part of her religious beliefs? Are you just going to allow that or challenge her religious belief as "not real"?

The entire question is a giant ad hominem. The motives of the sides don't affect the validity of their points.
I tend to agree with the first sentence and disagree with the second. Motive is everything. Not paying attention to motive is one of the biggest problems in modern politics.
Also. When one adds hate speech into their debate or political platform/speech, or argument in general it is generally obvious that they are running on negative emotion and have nothing of value to add as it should be.

The answer is that there are hateful people in both the conservative and liberal arenas. They are both, after all, made up of humans.

Well, according to my comparison of the polls taken on this forum vs the polls taken in the real world there seems to be a very high liberal bias to this forum in general of almost 2:1..

So far this thread's poll is 50/50, account for the bias, and it's clear that liberals win the hate trophy..

I tend to agree . . . disagree with the second.

Well then you need to familiarize yourself with basic logic. The motivations of a person who is presenting an argument, are entirely irrelevant to the validity of the argument. Attempts to impinge the motives of one's opponents are a way to avoid substantive discussion.

Which party is voting for trump? I don't care if you personally are voting for him, but it speaks volumes.

First off, you are ascribing to me positions I do not hold. Secondly, it is not hate filled to expect the government to serve the people.

Second off, the law changed in the middle of her tenure. There really was no reason the accommodation which has been made for her now couldn't have been done earlier, avoiding all of the hooplah but the left enjoyed rubbing her nose in it and forcing their values on her when there was a simple solution available.

She was "tarred and feathered"? Really?

There was no reason to take her name or title off the paperwork since she had agreed to do that job impartially. That means that her religious beliefs had no place being used in any capacity during her duties as the Clerk of that County. How would you have felt if she would have wanted her name removed from licenses issued to those in interracial marriages? How is that different? What if her claim was that it was part of her religious beliefs? Are you just going to allow that or challenge her religious belief as "not real"?

Just like I said. The left doesn't want Kim Davis forcing her beliefs on them but they sure don't mind forcing their beliefs on her when there was a simple solution available to all (the one currently in place). Hypocrisy at it's finest.

This is an example of the difference between the two sides.

I think it's about even. I've seen massive liberal hate for pro-life groups and social conservatives and I've seen conservative hate for illegal immigrants and the PC crowd. I'd say neither side has a monopoly on it or "hates more" than the other. Then again hate is up to the individual not the group.

I was thinking to myself "about even" until I thought about conservative places like the Middle East and Russia. That greatly swayed me.

Right now, conservatives.

That being said, populist outrages are very common among the Left side of the spectrum and will show up frequently. Problems associated with the Black Lives Matter movement's protest methods (I'm not discussing their recommendations, some of which are absolutely with merit) are needing to be addressed. Blocking traffic, causing riots, destroying property, interrupting public and private gatherings is utterly inappropriate. Furthermore, the problems among the young academic Left (and the student body) are such that they ought to be very concerning to anyone who values intellectual rigor and respectful discourse.

Last edited:
It is hard to say what is going on in people's minds. So, it is hard to say who hates more then who.

Now if we look at who acts out thier hate, it is not even close. The left is the hands down winner in hateful activities. Proof of point would be the burned down cities, not to mention all the reports I saw today on the "F*** Your Flag" movement. Or maybe those without a short memory can recall who shutdown highways because of thier hate towards a political candidate.

About even... but is it just me or did more Conservatives answer 'about even' while liberals labled "conservatives"... :lol:

If I am right that is kinda a telling sign. ;)

I was thinking to myself "about even" until I thought about conservative places like the Middle East and Russia. That greatly swayed me.

Don't get me started on the Hate Filled Canadians...

This is an example of the difference between the two sides.

:lol: That proves something... though I have no idea what it is .

Back
Top Bottom