• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Which side do you think is more hate filled?

Which side do you think is more hate filled?

• Total voters
I'm not going to say whether Trump is right or wrong but I will say that Europe has very lenient restrictions on immigrants and refugees and they have terror cells all over the place.

The US is made up of immigrants and refugees, 200+ years of them. There's no country in the world with more open borders than the US, and it's been like that for a long, long time.

I have no idea what's going on in Europe right now. But for any American to criticize Europe for opening their borders and taking in immigrants is pretty unfair.

The US is made up of immigrants and refugees, 200+ years of them. There's no country in the world with more open borders than the US, and it's been like that for a long, long time.

I have no idea what's going on in Europe right now. But for any American to criticize Europe for opening their borders and taking in immigrants is pretty unfair.

You're comparing apples with truck tires. I'm referring to immigrants and refugees from known spots of terror and radical Muslim territories. Europe is welcoming them with open arms and there are terror cells all over the place.

You're comparing apples with truck tires. I'm referring to immigrants and refugees from known spots of terror and radical Muslim territories. Europe is welcoming them with open arms and there are terror cells all over the place.
Europe isn't welcoming them with open arms. There are a lot of countries as well as people in Europe largely in opposition to the immigrants.

Yeah well I'm positive the same was said about the millions of filthy, backwards, criminal hordes of Italians and Irish when they 1st got here. The Irish Catholics were probably the most hated group of immigrants in this country's history.

It's worked out pretty good though.

You do know that there is a difference between legal immigration and illegal immigration don't you? Even our FF's put something in the Constitution about immigration. They obviously knew the difference between illegal and legal immigration and wanted the federal government to control immigration. Which shows that they were not fond of the idea of open borders.

You do know that there is a difference between legal immigration and illegal immigration don't you? Even our FF's put something in the Constitution about immigration. They obviously knew the difference between illegal and legal immigration and wanted the federal government to control immigration. Which shows that they were not fond of the idea of open borders.

Yep. He pointed out Europe's immigrants. Which most are there legally. I pointed out we are a country of immigrants, mostly legal. And our open border policies, mostly legal, have worked out pretty well.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make.

No, by calling Mexicans rapists and murderers and focusing all the country's fears onto a specific religion, going so far as to say that a database on Muslims should be created and that they should be deported and denied entry. Trump's supporters have even argued in favor of detainment camps. Nobody else on the political spectrum in the United States today can match that kind of hatred and fear. They're so terrified of "others" that they would shred the Constitution for the promise of a little bit of security.
As you already know, Trump didn't call all Mexicans rapists, murders, etc., he said Mexico was sending over illegal immigrants that were rapists and murders. You use your rhetoric for its political gain. Not for its honest reporting.

Focusing fear is something your party is great at. Global warming. Racism at every turn. Need I go on?

You admit you've displayed hatred that you think you've shown was reasonable. I disagree. You've shown ideological/irrational hatred.

Last edited:

Two hundred years ago there weren't foreigners that wanted to overthrow the US nor was free education, free housing and free health care, etc., offered to undocumenteds.

Last edited:
Liberals or conservatives? Or evenly matched? Please explain.

Posting this thread due to something I read in another thread. Am curious.

Liberals. And its not even close. Why? Because the only ones that really ever talk about hate are liberals. Disagree with a liberal and you hate blacks or hate women or hate the poor or hate clean water or some such nonsense. Why do they do that? Because it enables them to justify their own hatred. Its easy to 'hate' a racist or a sexist, so if one doesn't exist, the liberal invents one. It is how they make their own anger and hatred 'righteous.'

I'd say the amount and depth of hatred is evenly split between the two main ideologies, but the targets of that hatred is different.

Absolutely even. Both sides harbor anger and resentment against some group. Nobody has the monopoly on hate.

Liberals tend to hate America as it has been and as it is, while many conservatives hate the America liberals want to change it to

Liberals tend to hate America as it has been and as it is, while many conservatives hate the America liberals want to change it to

That's well stated Turtle. I don't hate liberals personally but I hate their ideology because it is against liberty/freedom laid out in the Constitution. Inalienable rights can not be denied another. Some say they are God given others natural nevertheless if you love liberty you will defend it with your being.

Back
Top Bottom