• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Which is worse, "crisis pregnancy centers" purposefully misleading women in order to persuade them to keep their babies, or real abortion clinics?

Which is more evil or are you neutral? Abortion clinics or pregnancy centers

• Total voters
100% false LMAO
you just proved you have no idea what PP is and what they do, many people have gone there for healthcare totally planning to be a parent, good lord
I will admit to not knowing all the esoterica of what they do. I do know they provide contraception. Do they HELP women to get pregnant like referrals to fertility clinics, etc? I will do my own research because I want to know but off the top of your head what kind of assistance do they provide for actual conception and carrying to term?

Do they HELP women to get pregnant like referrals to fertility clinics, etc?
I will do my own research because I want to know but off the top of your head what kind of assistance do they provide for actual conception and carrying to term?
yes some PPs do adoption, fertility, parental planning and prenatals

Two sides of the same coin.

With respect:

Do you have a 'wheel of cliches' that you spin when you comment?

Abortion clinics provide healthcare. Anti-abortion centers don't.

100% false LMAO
you just proved you have no idea what PP is and what they do, many people have gone there for healthcare totally planning to be a parent, good lord
Thinking about it, I suppose "planning" to be a parent can also mean putting off pregnancy until later through preventative contraception, knowing that they want children later in life, just not now. I wonder how many married couples, especially poorer ones, who want to maybe start a family in a couple of years when they are "ready" go to a PP center for free contraception?

With respect:

Do you have a 'wheel of cliches' that you spin when you comment?

Abortion clinics provide healthcare. Anti-abortion centers don't.
Do you think that people on one side of the coin ( sorry I couldn't resist ) could say that pregnancy centers DO provide a type of healthcare by trying to ensure the life of the unborn? Is a sonogram not a medical procedure?

Thinking about it, I suppose "planning" to be a parent can also mean putting off pregnancy until later through preventative contraception, knowing that they want children later in life, just not now. I wonder how many married couples, especially poorer ones, who want to maybe start a family in a couple of years when they are "ready" go to a PP center for free contraception?
this i do not know
I only personally know of a single mom and a couple that used PP for the vast majority of what they did but both delivered in the hospital

and yes money was a factor for them and why they went

but again this is why i dont see PP and pregnancy centers as the same, it seems only one pushes an agenda and is dishonest on average

Do you think that people on one side of the coin ( sorry I couldn't resist ) could say that pregnancy centers DO provide a type of healthcare by trying to ensure the life of the unborn? Is a sonogram not a medical procedure?

With respect:

I strongly suspect that Their motives are selfish.

There's no way that I'm going to cut anti-abortion people some slack. They're making abortion bad, and they've seized government. Coat hangers, suicides, deaths, etc, etc. Regressive. Much of the abortion debate should've subsided decades ago with RU-486. They've gone after that, too. It's based on their religious beliefs that "God" created the baby at conception.

With respect:

I strongly suspect that Their motives are selfish.

There's no way that I'm going to cut anti-abortion people some slack. They're making abortion bad, and they've seized government. Coat hangers, suicides, deaths, etc, etc. Regressive. Much of the abortion debate should've subsided decades ago with RU-486. They've gone after that, too. It's based on their religious beliefs that "God" created the baby at conception.
I can understand your logic. I wonder if ALL these pregnancy centers are run by religious zealots...... On the other hand, I don't believe that all PEOPLE who are totally against abortion are religious. For some it may just be a morals thing, right?

I can understand your logic. I wonder if ALL these pregnancy centers are run by religious zealots...... On the other hand, I don't believe that all PEOPLE who are totally against abortion are religious. For some it may just be a morals thing, right?

With respect:

No, I don't think it's a morals thing for them because they don't take into account the ethical considerations of anyone but the zygote or fetus. It's religious, and often mean-spirited. "Slut-shaming" conservative men, and such.

I can't blame people for believing in religion, though.

I can't blame people for believing in religion, though.
Neither can I, I guess. Have you ever seen Bill Maher's documentary (or perhaps its a MOCK-umentary) "Religulous" by any chance?

Neither can I, I guess. Have you ever seen Bill Maher's documentary (or perhaps its a MOCK-umentary) "Religulous" by any chance?

With respect:

No. Not interested. Not a fan.

Abortion centers do not pressure pregnant women to have abortions. A woman could change her mind at the last moment and its all good. No judgement. Possible referrals or at least some guidance to get a doctor for prenatal care. Whatever the decision is, it is supported.

Pregnancy crisis centers have a history of using pressure to get their way. Often using misleading information or outright lying. They purposely misrepresent themselves to trick pregnant woman who are trying to figure out what to do. They are more harmful than abortion clinics.

What do you think?
You say abortion clinics don't try much to help women change their minds. I say they don't try at all. In fact, I'll bet abortion is encouraged in those places with a little anti-patriarchy message to boot.

By now anyone with two brain cells should have figured out that "crisis pregnancy center" is a euphemism for Right to Lifer center staffed by religious whackos.
If they haven't then they are "amateur people" and learning is anathema to them.

In other words, I can explain it to you but I can't understand or comprehend FOR you...at some point you have to do some braining, even if it is hard to brain.
I'm gonna go WAY out on a limb, and guess you don't have much experience with them?

Anywho, when I was in Iraq, and my wife was pregnant, one was an absolute Godsend for her. We are celebrating Dobbs this week by taking a bunch of supplies to our local :)

I'm gonna go WAY out on a limb, and guess you don't have much experience with them?

Anywho, when I was in Iraq, and my wife was pregnant, one was an absolute Godsend for her. We are celebrating Dobbs this week by taking a bunch of supplies to our local :)

Quite the contrary, my first wife was accosted by workers at a pregnancy crisis center.
She was with another woman, they both thought they were at a family planning center so her friend could terminate her pregnancy.

Also, years earlier, (early 1970's) my first wife had to undergo one of those back alley procedures.
"Anyhoo", after Roe she decided to spend about eight weeks volunteering at a Planned Parenthood clinic. She basically stayed with younger patients and walked them through the procedure.
She was there to "hold their hand" so to speak. It was her way of expressing her gratitude.
No, I was not in the picture yet, I only met her in 1986.

Perhaps you don't realize that not all of these "crisis centers" are the same.
There may be some good ones, but there's also some not-so-good ones as well.
The reason my first wife and her friend wound up there was because the center listed itself under "Family Planning" in the Yellow Pages and their other advertising hid the fact that it
was staffed by pro-lifers and that their mission was to steer people AWAY from HAVING an abortion.

This was one of several of these centers that resorted to some very aggressive tactics, and are also known for deceptive practices in advertising.
They're also not bound by HIPAA and yet they gather enormous amounts of personal information from contacts.

If your experience with a CPC was positive then good for you however since neither of you was considering terminating a pregnancy, your experience is not related to abortions.

What do you think?
The lying about purpose is worse.

When medical stuff is involved you need the best, most accurate information about what your options are, not someone with an agenda lying to you.

Personally I find abortion distasteful, but not immoral. I find businesses which engage in bait and switch tactics immoral, so crisis pregnancy centers are worse in my opinion.

What do you think?

Interesting assumptions and likely motivation for this poll.

According to conclusions of these two studies, an abortion services provider should be doing the opposite of your opinion.

Conclusion: "Legal induced abortion is markedly safer than childbirth. The risk of death associated with childbirth is approximately 14 times higher than that with abortion. Similarly, the overall morbidity associated with childbirth exceeds that with abortion."

...Conclusions​

"After accounting for confounding factors, abortion was not a statistically significant predictor of subsequent anxiety, mood, impulse-control, and eating disorders or suicidal ideation."
  • "Pregnancy centers. They lie about services they offer and use pressure tactics to prevent abortion"
  • Vasectomy clinics. They are complicit in vasectomy and don't try much "help" men change their minds.
White christian male authoritarians and other religious busybodies have assembled an impressive bullshit factory
modeled after G.O.P.'s or perhaps indistinguishable from G.O.P.'s

https://lozierinstitute.org › new-research-shows-abortion-poses-higher-risk-of-death-than-giving-birth

New Research Shows Abortion Poses Higher Risk of Death than Giving Birth

The data demonstrates that an abortion prior to 12 weeks is associated with 80% higher risk of death within the first year after the procedure and a 40% higher risk of death over 10 years. The Reardon and Coleman report offers several possible interpretations of the data.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com › lozier-institute

Lozier Institute - Media Bias/Fact Check

5 days agoHistory. Launched in 2011, The Charlotte Lozier Institute (CLI), according to their about page is the "research and education institute of the Susan B. Anthony List, an organization dedicated to electing candidates and pursuing policies that will reduce and ultimately end abortion. Founded in 1992, SBA List seeks to restore authentic feminism that celebrates the equality and dignity of women ...

Last edited:
How are "crisis pregnancy centers" misleading women at all?

Quite the contrary, my first wife was accosted by workers at a pregnancy crisis center.
She was with another woman, they both thought they were at a family planning center so her friend could terminate her pregnancy.

Also, years earlier, (early 1970's) my first wife had to undergo one of those back alley procedures.
"Anyhoo", after Roe she decided to spend about eight weeks volunteering at a Planned Parenthood clinic. She basically stayed with younger patients and walked them through the procedure.
She was there to "hold their hand" so to speak. It was her way of expressing her gratitude.
No, I was not in the picture yet, I only met her in 1986.

Perhaps you don't realize that not all of these "crisis centers" are the same.
There may be some good ones, but there's also some not-so-good ones as well.
The reason my first wife and her friend wound up there was because the center listed itself under "Family Planning" in the Yellow Pages and their other advertising hid the fact that it
was staffed by pro-lifers and that their mission was to steer people AWAY from HAVING an abortion.

This was one of several of these centers that resorted to some very aggressive tactics, and are also known for deceptive practices in advertising.
They're also not bound by HIPAA and yet they gather enormous amounts of personal information from contacts.

If your experience with a CPC was positive then good for you however since neither of you was considering terminating a pregnancy, your experience is not related to abortions.
Don't know what the pracitice is nationwide. Here in New Mexico, I have noticed that the yellow pages lists the "pro-life" centers separately, with a notation that their object is to counsel Against abortion. Medical, or any other ethics, would favor this approach.

The pregnancy centers I'm familiar with are using force or lies to try to get women not to have an abortion. Why do abortion clinics not want to do ultrasound on the mother and let them see their babies?
Do the pregnancy clinics provide comprehensive information abou the risks and consequences of carrying the child to term? It is quite likely the most dangerous activity they’re likely to engage in and carries permanent physical consequences best case.

Why don’t they want to show women what they’re really in for?

What do you think?

Meh. How about we just have centers (and OPs) who assume that women of child-bearing age are smart enough to decide whether or not they want to have an abortion? Maybe we don't need any kind of center trying to sway our decision.

I mean, shucks, y'all. We is purty smart, dontchaknow?

Back
Top Bottom