• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Which is the Worst of the Seven Deadly Sins?

Which is the Worst of the Seven Deadly Sins?

• Total voters

Le Marteau

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Hey all, the title really says it all.

If you feel so inclined (and I'd appreciate it, to get this thread going), please explain why you chose the Deadly Sin you chose.

Cheers,

Le Marteau

sloth.jpg

Could you find anything that's more obviously sinful than that.

Probably because I've lived in an era when we've seen greed nearly destroy our country's economy, I'd say greed. But of course, thats only because of my experiences, I'm sure every sin is as bad as the next in terms of destructive/harmful potential.

Hey all, the title really says it all.

If you feel so inclined (and I'd appreciate it, to get this thread going), please explain why you chose the Deadly Sin you chose.

Cheers,

Le Marteau

I will agree with Dante and go with pride.

They all have similar destructive power. I say all of them are equal.

What are the seven deadly sins?

I chose envy.
I guess because all day I keep perceiving it on this board.
It's a rather ugly trait.

What are the seven deadly sins?

I believe they are tenants of the Catholic church. Sins they have labeled at the 7 deadliest. However I may be wrong.

What could be more sinful than that? :mrgreen:

:ssst:

I would say since they are all deadly, does it really matter which (if any) are worst?

My knee jerk reaction was "greed" but I think it'd be a tie between greed and pride. They all really feed off one another, don't they.

I believe they are tenants of the Catholic church. Sins they have labeled at the 7 deadliest. However I may be wrong.

Theology aside, you can pretty much trace every sin a man can commit to one of them.

Actually, there's nothing in official Catholic doctrine about "seven" deadly sins. Catholics have two types of sins, venial and mortal. Mortal sins have nothing to do with the seven deadly sins though.

:prof The idea of the "deadliest sins" pre-dates the Catholic church, however, the modern list was finalised by the Catholics.

Greed, because it usually involves someone taking advantage of the ignorance of others...The others are pretty much OK if behind closed doors..

I'd say wrath, I don't usually beat the **** out of someone 'cause of lust.

Gluttony or Envy seem like the worst. Gluttony is the grossest and I feel that envy is unnecessary and in a broad way can cause the most trouble for people.

:ssst:

I would say since they are all deadly, does it really matter which (if any) are worst?

My knee jerk reaction was "greed" but I think it'd be a tie between greed and pride. They all really feed off one another, don't they.

I don't think pride (like self-respect) is bad. Now arrogance .......that's really really bad.

Greed is really bad too. However some people think that if someone earns a lot money and doesn't want to pay higher taxes they are greedy. They have no idea what those people do in their personal lives with that money. Greed to me is wanting or taking things that you didn't earn but yet you think you deserve them. Like someone who walks into a party and scarfs down half a pizza without worrying if everyone got a piece.

Back
Top Bottom