• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When they went to rob a man at gunpoint, his wife fired her gun. She’s a Charlotte cop.

Now I have to educate you on simple concepts?

OK.

Have you heard the term Pie in the Sky? Not likely? Hell no? **** no? Ain't happening? In your dreams?

What goes up must come down

A rolling stone gathers no moss

A stitch in time saves nine

What else ?

Thank you very much.

You lucky bastich; how do I get him to do that?

He follows on the heels of my threads like a puppy trying to hump my ankle. ;)

Just called him on his playing stupid routine.

That and kept reminding him guns are easily constructed.

And proved him wrong on a couple of "gun in home" cases.

And showed him he was wrong on the basis of dictionary definitions.

;)

Because you start so many useless threads, all the same.

I guess you want to ban all kinds of weapons or things that could be constructed as weapons.

List of premodern combat weapons - Wikipedia

I guess no bombs for the demolition teams. No more delivery trucks.

I thought bombs were already banned ?

Are you going to indulge yourself with what-about-ism ?

You could talk about banning cars, kitchen knives and swimming pools...

I thought bombs were already banned ?

Are you going to indulge yourself with what-about-ism ?

You could talk about banning cars, kitchen knives and swimming pools...

I could talk about them because apparently you want them banned too.

No, I want to disarm the criminals too (and also the future criminals who are currently "law abiding").
I want it to rain m&m's. In reality it won't ever happen. Same as disarming criminals. Criminals don't abide by laws. All you are doing is putting innocent people in harms way. We have a right to defend ourselves against attackers. You have no right to tell us we can't, nor will you ever succeed at it in the United States. Your options are to move or get used to it.

Criminals don't abide by laws....

Out of interest why do you think we have laws and prisons ?

All you are doing is putting innocent people in harms way. We have a right to defend ourselves against attackers. You have no right to tell us we can't...

Excuse 2.2

You don't need guns to protect yourself...but let's suppose you do, even tough British gun laws allow for a 12 gauge (or bore) double barreled shotgun.

Admit it, you just want your guns and this self defense nonsense is just a smoke screen.

Then I guess you admit that you're a hypocrite? You want to ban just the guns and not other weapons.

Oh so you're a back trackers and withdraw your claim.

The rest is pure what-about-ism...."why don't you want to ban knives"..."what about cars, people die from automobile accidents".

Oh so you're a back trackers and withdraw your claim.

The rest is pure what-about-ism...."why don't you want to ban knives"..."what about cars, people die from automobile accidents".

That isn't what whataboutism means. Whataboutism is a form of deflection. You want all guns banned because they're dangerous. Simple logic states that you also want to ban any other dangerous weapons. It's quite that simple.

You are deflecting because you're afraid to answer.

Out of interest why do you think we have laws and prisons ?

Excuse 2.2

You don't need guns to protect yourself...but let's suppose you do, even tough British gun laws allow for a 12 gauge (or bore) double barreled shotgun.

Admit it, you just want your guns and this self defense nonsense is just a smoke screen.

To control and punish people who break them. To have a civilized society.
Also I have guns because I can. I don't need to justify to you the reason. You however do in fact need to get used to my gun rights. They are never going anywhere. If you prefer defending yourself with kah rah tay thats fine by me. We have a word for that..its called victim. I prefer my center mass shots to defend myself and family.
Also, a large man broke into a womans home and went after her as she hid in a closet with her two children. He was armed only with a crowbar. She shot him in the face 5 times. What would you prefer happen in this situation?

That isn't what whataboutism means. Whataboutism is a form of deflection. You want all guns banned because they're dangerous. Simple logic states that you also want to ban any other dangerous weapons. It's quite that simple.

You are deflecting because you're afraid to answer.

But this is a gun control forum.

What weapons are you referring to ?

I'm not a lawyer but it's illegal in the UK to carry a knife unless you can show you have good reason to. I would hope many US states have similar laws ?

But this is a gun control forum.

What weapons are you referring to ?

I'm not a lawyer but it's illegal in the UK to carry a knife unless you can show you have good reason to. I would hope many US states have similar laws ?

Yes I know this is a gun control forum. The point of bringing up other weapons is because you think owning guns doesn't make anyone safer, so logically owning any type of weapon doesn't make anyone safer. A = A.

To control and punish people who break them. To have a civilized society....

The actual answer is to provide a deterrent (and secondly to rehabilitate perhaps)
We rule by fear

If criminals are not deterred by the likely sentence we have a problem.

Also I have guns because I can. I don't need to justify to you the reason.

You just did...or rather attempted to

Excuse 2.2

You however do in fact need to get used to my gun rights. They are never going anywhere.....

Whatever you need to believe to make you happy

If you prefer defending yourself with kah rah tay thats fine by me. We have a word for that..its called victim. I prefer my center mass shots to defend myself and family....

That's called being a casualty

The US government advises no sudden movements and comply with a robber's directions

...a large man broke into a womans home and went after her as she hid in a closet with her two children. He was armed only with a crowbar. She shot him in the face 5 times. What would you prefer happen in this situation?

Great you argue by anecdote

Mass shootings in the USA 2019:

Mass Shootings in 2019 | Gun Violence Archive

"The US suffered more mass killings in 2019 than any year on record, according to researchers.
A database compiled by the Associated Press (AP), USA Today and Northeastern University recorded 41 incidents and a total of 211 deaths...
"

US saw highest number of mass killings on record in 2019, database reveals - BBC News

Back
Top Bottom