• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When they went to rob a man at gunpoint, his wife fired her gun. She’s a Charlotte cop.

But this is a gun control forum.

What weapons are you referring to ?

I'm not a lawyer but it's illegal in the UK to carry a knife unless you can show you have good reason to. I would hope many US states have similar laws ?

And yet knife attacks are rampant.....

Yes I know this is a gun control forum. The point of bringing up other weapons is because you think owning guns doesn't make anyone safer, so logically owning any type of weapon doesn't make anyone safer. A = A.

What-about-ism

You just trying to deflect attention away from guns.

It is also difficult to ban other weapons like knives. How would you legally define a knife you wanted to ban ?

You ban carrying them in public.

Is that a still from The Princess Bride ?

How so? I am including guns with other weapons.

What-about-ism

This is a forum about GUN control

By all means if you think any other weapon or weapons should be banned, please make your case. So far you haven't mentioned a single other weapon other than a generic "knives" which encompass a myriad of designs

NOW you're getting it!!!!!

Because it's impossible to define a certain type of knife.

Go ahead and name a type of knife you'd like to ban, then try to define it.

View attachment 67271077

Is that a still from The Princess Bride ?

Yep.

What-about-ism

This is a forum about GUN control

How is it a whataboutism when I am including guns with other weapons?

By all means if you think any other weapon or weapons should be banned, please make your case. So far you haven't mentioned a single other weapon other than a generic "knives" which encompass a myriad of designs

Actually you're the one making the case for other types of weapons. Crossbows, shurikens and swords being examples.

Good movie, I love the battle of wits with the poison

How is it a whataboutism when I am including guns with other weapons?

Because you're not stating a weapon par se, merely a generic group of edged blades used for a myriad of purposes like eating a steak and NOT designed as a weapon

Sating "what about knives" is like saying "what about cars" or "what about hammers"

What-about-ism

Actually you're the one making the case for other types of weapons. Crossbows, shurikens and swords being examples.

I don't think you could make a persuasive case for banning any. Yes you can kill someone with a sword but you can will any number of different kind of hammers.

In the UK you are not allowed to walk around with a sword....that is actually banned.

Good movie, I love the battle of wits with the poison

Me too. :)

Sating "what about knives" is like saying "what about cars" or "what about hammers"

What-about-ism

Whataboutism is a form of deflection. I am not deflecting away from guns. Guns are still included.

In the UK you are not allowed to walk around with a sword....that is actually banned.

Braveheart would be so disappointed with that one.

Braveheart Sword.jpeg

this woman and their pets were gunned down a day after Christmas by her husband...

175768.jpg

That’s tragic. Too bad she wasn’t able to defend herself against her asshole husband. I hope he’s in jail. Would be nice if you shared a link.

I know something you don't know
What's that ?
I am not left handed

Whataboutism is a form of deflection. I am not deflecting away from guns. Guns are still included.

I'm sorry but you are. You're saying if you ban guns, the what about knives? Shouldn't you ban them too

Braveheart would be so disappointed with that one.

They would REALLY be upset in Japan if Kill Bill vol 1 is true

You know I had someone from the US who claimed on a historical site I contribute to, that seizing York was a significant military achievement for Wallace....because they said he did so in the movie.

You know I had someone from the US who claimed on a historical site I contribute to, that seizing York was a significant military achievement for Wallace....because they said he did so in the movie.

Ok you said something funny. :lamo Thanks.

Ok you said something funny. :lamo Thanks.

I have a thing about historical movies taking massive liberties with actual history.

People actually believe these movies are true.

I must be the only movie goer who thought Dunkirk was crap.

I have a thing about historical movies taking massive liberties with actual history.

People actually believe these movies are true.

I must be the only movie goer who thought Dunkirk was crap.

I doubt most people care if they're historical or not. I certainly don't. I love Inglorious Basterds because it tickles my hairy balls to fantasize the alternative.

I doubt most people care if they're historical or not. I certainly don't. I love Inglorious Basterds because it tickles my hairy balls to fantasize the alternative.

I couldn't finish watching that.

I'd place it in the fantasy category not historical.

Woman killed in Thursday morning shooting west of Bellingham | Tacoma News Tribune

women are gunned down by their husbands/boyfriends/exes constantly. i don't see many people talking about it. here's another from 4 days ago...

Lexington man charged with shooting, killing his girlfriend | wltx.com
175891.jpg

Thanks for the links. I remember the first incident on the news, I believe the victim was a principal at a local school. Both are horrible stories and I’m glad they have the perpetrators in custody. I hope they see a lot of time in prison.

I guess you don't watch X-Men and Spiderman movies.

No, not really. I did watch Nolan's Batman trilogy though - I have a soft spot for Batman.

Fantasy isn't a bad thing (unless Peter Jackson is directing) just that Inglorious Basterds was a total mess.

I thought at first Tarantino was going to remake The Dirty Dozen.

No, not really. I did watch Nolan's Batman trilogy though - I have a soft spot for Batman.

Fantasy isn't a bad thing (unless Peter Jackson is directing) just that Inglorious Basterds was a total mess.

Inglorious Basterds is a total mess? :lamo

Since you like movies, I'll use this one to illustrate your case you're arguing.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom