• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When they went to rob a man at gunpoint, his wife fired her gun. She’s a Charlotte cop.

They will rob any place they think have valuables in them.

You mean banks.

Are you aware of any bank robbers caught conducting a burglary ?
The potential gains don't seem to be equivalent.

Do you believe in varying degrees of threat level ?

You mean banks.

Are you aware of any bank robbers caught conducting a burglary ?
The potential gains don't seem to be equivalent.

Do you believe in varying degrees of threat level ?

I mean places. Like buildings, houses, banks, gas stations, stores and such.

If a family is at home when robbers invade their house, it's the same level of threat.

I mean places. Like buildings, houses, banks, gas stations, stores and such.

If a family is at home when robbers invade their house, it's the same level of threat.

Increasingly places like cafes, restaurants and gas stations are cashless

A family at home, do not face the same level of threat as a bank with substantial amounts of cash.

Increasingly places like cafes, restaurants and gas stations are cashless

A family at home, do not face the same level of threat as a bank with substantial amounts of cash.

Huh? That doesn't compute. Are you aware rich people have families at their expensive homes?

That doesn't compute.

I'm not suprised you're unable to comprehend

Are you aware rich people have families at their expensive homes?

And rich people have more cash stashed there so as to make there homes an equal target to a bank or shop ?

An intruder may be able to steal a more fashionable brand of food/beer from the refrigerator.

On the up side, one can see you're clearly not a burglar/robber.

I'm not suprised you're unable to comprehend

I comprehend your faulty logic just fine. Robbers will rob places, regardless of how much cash they got. It's a fact. It's way easier and less risky than robbing a bank.

And rich people have more cash stashed there so as to make there homes an equal target to a bank or shop ?

You do know there's more than just cash, right?

An intruder may be able to steal a more fashionable brand of food/beer from the refrigerator.

It has been known to happen. One even took a shower upstairs at someone's house.

On the up side, one can see you're clearly not a burglar/robber.

What is that supposed to mean?

I comprehend your faulty logic just fine.

Then it can't be that faulty then

Robbers will rob places, regardless of how much cash they got.

No they won't

A team of bank robbers will not rob you in your house for the contents of your wallet and fridge.

You do know there's more than just cash, right?

Yeah, food in the fridge and any jewelry your wife might have. But given the choice, a robber will take the cash

It has been known to happen. One even took a shower upstairs at someone's house.

So buy another shower

It's not worth dying over

What is that supposed to mean?

You have no idea what constitutes a worthwhile place to rob.

Sadly professional robbers do, hence a bank has a much greater threat level that your fridge.

No they won't

A team of bank robbers will not rob you in your house for the contents of your wallet and fridge.

I guess I was dreaming that night when two men robbed me at gunpoint at my home.

Yeah, food in the fridge and any jewelry your wife might have. But given the choice, a robber will take the cash

It doesn't matter what they have. A drug junkie will look for anything valuable to feed their drug habits.

So buy another shower

Lolwut?

It's not worth dying over

Agreed

You have no idea what constitutes a worthwhile place to rob.

You have no understanding that it doesn't matter to robbers.

Sadly professional robbers do, hence a bank has a much greater threat level that your fridge.

You keep talking about fridges. I guess you're hungry. ;)

I guess I was dreaming that night when two men robbed me at gunpoint at my home.

What did they rob you of ?

Did you have a gun ?

Of course house are burgled and people are mugged, but what is worthwhile in stealing is a lot less than any bank....consequently all the burglaries of private homes I'm aware of were done by casual opportunist thieves.

It doesn't matter what they have. A drug junkie will look for anything valuable to feed their drug habits.

And they're easily caught and scared off

A shower - a device for cleansing yourself

You have no understanding that it doesn't matter to robbers.

Since they can go to jail for a long time, you'd think they would care

You keep talking about fridges. I guess you're hungry. ;)

I have been burgled here in Georgia, judging from the small opening the burglar got through, it was a small kid

I lost a pair of shoes and food / soda from the fridge.

What did they rob you of ?

My wallet.

Did you have a gun ?

Not at that time but they had the advantage on me anyway.

A shower - a device for cleansing yourself

source.gif

You do tend to state the obvious. Why?

Since they can go to jail for a long time, you'd think they would care

For drug addicts, drugs are all they care about.

Last edited:
Containing how much ?

Plenty.

Because for some people it's necessary

True. But that wasn't necessary for me. Why did you say to buy another shower? You actually thought I meant that the burglar actually literally took the whole shower itself?

Sorry

Do you often carry a large amount ?

All the same, negligible compared to a bank's cash holdings

True. But that wasn't necessary for me. Why did you say to buy another shower? You actually thought I meant that the burglar actually literally took the whole shower itself?

No I thought you meant the shower fittings.

Nope. It was half of rent from my ex-roommate.

So the threat level you face/faced was a lot less than a bank with large cash amounts on site.

Were they armed ?

He took a shower. As in washing himself in someone's house.

Oh I see what you mean. That's crazy

I was reminded of a famous story of my father's rugby club's annual Christmas dinner where one player actually stole a bath from the hotel.

Amazing that the thief was confident enough to take the time to shower.

So the threat level you face/faced was a lot less than a bank with large cash amounts on site.

Were they armed ?

I was robbed at gun point. The gun was near my face.

Oh I see what you mean. That's crazy

I was reminded of a famous story of my father's rugby club's annual Christmas dinner where one player actually stole a bath from the hotel.

LOL. I wonder how he managed to do that.

Amazing that the thief was confident enough to take the time to shower.

Yep.

I was robbed at gun point. The gun was near my face.

Best you hand over your wallet and not reach for a gun.

LOL. I wonder how he managed to do that.

IIRC he was a plumber by trade and it was more like a practical joke - the hotel didn't see the funny side and called the police

Some people's mentality.

I'll never rob/burgle anyone, but if I did, I'd want to leave ASAP.

Back
Top Bottom