• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Whatever screws over the poor the GOP is for it.

No, I'm trying to get you to understand economic reality...

No you are being a selfish right winger. I have made good mony and bad. I know what it is like to see people get rich while paying you **** wages. That is not right. The greed must go.

Whatever screws the fat cats I am for.

Which is who? Any one who earns more than you? Or over a specified line that you arbitrarily draw?

Have you ever considered that some people actually deserve what they earn? Those that put in 80+ hours a week, and use their knowledge and imagination to bring something new to the market?

No you are being a selfish right winger. I have made good mony and bad. I know what it is like to see people get rich while paying you **** wages. That is not right. The greed must go.

Having an understanding of economics does not make one a selfish right winger. Expecting others to provide for one's lack of effort is what I consider selfish...

No, everyone does not 'deserve' a living wage, they need to actually earn it......

Does a forklift driver who does not get off his butt all day deserve 25.00 an hour? No but they get it anyway. Some of the poorest paid work the hardest and some of the most lazy with the soft job gets paid the most. i have seen it first hand.

Having an understanding of economics does not make one a selfish right winger. Expecting others to provide for one's lack of effort is what I consider selfish...

You are spewing right wing selfish BS AP and you know it.

Does a forklift driver who does not get off his butt all day deserve 25.00 an hour? No but they get it anyway. Some of the poorest paid work the hardest and some of the most lazy with the soft job gets paid the most. i have seen it first hand.

The forklift driver that the employer believes is worth $25/hr evidently. There is a skill required to operate machinery without causing a lot of collateral damage...

Depends on what his is using the forklift for.
Loading and unloading boxes of Walmart crap or a licensed forklift driver moving million dollar parts for NASA?
You want some guy making min wage moving a rocket stage?

The forklift driver that the employer believes is worth $25/hr evidently. There is a skill required to operate machinery without causing a lot of collateral damage...

I can drive any forklift. The fact is it was said that minimum wadge workers where lazy and unskilled when many are victoms of this bad economy and are well educated. This so called recovery is with bad wages and part time jobs and to say all low wage workers are unskiled is just plain wrong AP. You did not say it but that other right wing lunkhead did.

Depends on what his is using the forklift for.
Loading and unloading boxes of Walmart crap or a licensed forklift driver moving million dollar parts for NASA?
You want some guy making min wage moving a rocket stage?

I have earned big money driving a forklift and **** money doing the same job.

I can drive any forklift. The fact is it was said that minimum wadge workers where lazy and unskilled when many are victoms of this bad economy and are well educated. This so called recovery is with bad wages and part time jobs and to say all low wage workers are unskiled is just plain wrong AP. You did not say it but that other right wing lunkhead did.

I don't believe I have ever referred to minimum wage workers as lazy per se, but if a person is older (out of their teenage years) and can only command minimum wage, that is not the employer's fault. That is the individual's fault for not developing any skills set worth more to an employer...

Yeah, well, Barack Obama got paid millions of dollars for the ghost-written memoirs of a 30-something year-old man. Life's not fair. Giving politicians the power to pick winners & losers doesn't make it any more fair.

So the GOP is against raising the minimum wage.

Let's just concentrate on this and ignore the rest of the partisan BS rant you put out.

How many times has the minimum wage be raised? Did the promised outcome happen, or years down the road were there more poor?

Then that is up to the employer to address, not some government mandate of people 'deserving' a living wage.

Please don't go there after what those Tea Party nimrods did. What about all those birther morons? They where as racist as they come and you know it. Yes the righ now is the most racist by far. Don't deny it.

Oh shut up. People EXACTLY like you is the sole reason racism still exist on any substantial level. You'll dig and dig and when you DON'T find a racist element, you'll make one up. Your'e no different than the Democrat idiots who ran around wearing their wives bed sheets lighting crosses in peoples yards, your'e no different than the skin heads.

Racism needs to continue for people like you, people who are weak, who's arguments can't stand on their own merits, so you perpetuate racist narratives and apply them with a broad brush.

You wan't to help the African American Community ? Get off your ass, stop accusing entire groups of people based on the actions of the few, and tell them to stop voting for Democrats.

People like you are easy to manipulate, easy to lie to, and the Democrats want a Country full of them. You latch onto causes like Trayvon Martin, and ignore the thousands of Black Children and black young men in Cities like Chicago, Detroit and Kansas City, because when it comes down to it, you don't give a rats ass about black people.

Well that is ONLY if you can inject a false racist element....and you have the gall to critique the Tea Party.

Just another Liberal drone who's stuck on cognitive auto pilot, and too pathetic to think outside the box and get off their plantation.

Seriously...you guys do know that what you type and what he reads are two different things, right?

The US has an extremely generous welfare state. Over a 50% increase in food stamp useage in 10 years. Not to mention all the other programs. Under Bush welfare spending grew and grew,not cut.

Are you forgetting Bush ruined the economy and forced people to use unemployment and foodstamps?

Just to be clear, conservatives and the GOP aren't against working for a living and supporting yourself and your offspring.

But they are for cutting entitlements when the economy goes south. Oh by the way the economy that Bush was in charge of when it went south.

Oh shut up. People EXACTLY like you is the sole reason racism still exist on any substantial level. You'll dig and dig and when you DON'T find a racist element, you'll make one up. Your'e no different than the Democrat idiots who ran around wearing their wives bed sheets lighting crosses in peoples yards, your'e no different than the skin heads.

Racism needs to continue for people like you, people who are weak, who's arguments can't stand on their own merits, so you perpetuate racist narratives and apply them with a broad brush.

You wan't to help the African American Community ? Get off your ass, stop accusing entire groups of people based on the actions of the few, and tell them to stop voting for Democrats.

People like you are easy to manipulate, easy to lie to, and the Democrats want a Country full of them. You latch onto causes like Trayvon Martin, and ignore the thousands of Black Children and black young men in Cities like Chicago, Detroit and Kansas City, because when it comes down to it, you don't give a rats ass about black people.

Well that is ONLY if you can inject a false racist element....and you have the gall to critique the Tea Party.

Just another Liberal drone who's stuck on cognitive auto pilot, and too pathetic to think outside the box and get off their plantation.

Are you saying those tea bagger morons where not racist? Give me a freaking break. They don't like the color of Obama's skin and they don't like his name. They don't like the fact his father is from Kenya. If that is not racist then what is?

Then that is up to the employer to address, not some government mandate of people 'deserving' a living wage.

Why not? I think the workers not the fat cats should be runnung business anyway. Behead the fat cats.

Let's just concentrate on this and ignore the rest of the partisan BS rant you put out.

How many times has the minimum wage be raised? Did the promised outcome happen, or years down the road were there more poor?

Good job legalizing pot in Col like here in Washington. Either lower the cost of living or raise wages. That is the bottom line.

I don't believe I have ever referred to minimum wage workers as lazy per se, but if a person is older (out of their teenage years) and can only command minimum wage, that is not the employer's fault. That is the individual's fault for not developing any skills set worth more to an employer...

The thing is AP with this bad economy that is not true anymore. Most of these new jobs are either part time or low paying. Many who make minimum wadge are over 35 and well educated. What you said was true ten years ago my friend but things are diffferant now.

Conservatism is one thing: a scam for getting cheap labor to make the rich richer.

Besides that, there's no there there. Every one of the GOP's policies has this goal, even their social agenda is really an agenda to impoverish. Single mothers forced to have unwanted children have no negotiating power, so the GOP is against abortion. That's how the conservative mind works.

How are social "safety net" programs, the pride of the liberals, not doing exactly the same thing? Do these programs not facilitate employers offering substandard wages and still having folks willing to work for them? If you will make a guaranteed amount of X, whether or not you get part of that from a job or not, then why worry about how much of X is obtained from your paycheck?

How are social "safety net" programs, the pride of the liberals, not doing exactly the same thing? Do these programs not facilitate employers offering substandard wages and still having folks willing to work for them? If you will make a guaranteed amount of X, whether or not you get part of that from a job or not, then why worry about how much of X is obtained from your paycheck?

Maybe if they would start hiring at a higher rate then people would get off entitlements.

Maybe if they would start hiring at a higher rate then people would get off entitlements.

Perhaps, but more likely that entitlements would then simply be raised to exceed that higher rate. ;)

The correct answer is to lower entitlements to a level below that attainable with a full time job at the minimum wage.

Back
Top Bottom