• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Whatever screws over the poor the GOP is for it.

So the GOP is against raising the minimum wage. Why does that not suprise me? They are against food stamps. They are against unemployment benifits.They where against social security during the FDR days. They where against Medicare and Medicade. They are against entitlements period.

Conservatives arguing against entitlements aren't what's screwing over the poor. If you jump off my roof and I get out of the way and you break your leg, I didn't screw you over. I protected myself from your idiocy.

Conservatives arguing against entitlements aren't what's screwing over the poor. If you jump off my roof and I get out of the way and you break your leg, I didn't screw you over. I protected myself from your idiocy.

Getting laid off because your job got sent overseas makes you an idiot? Give me a freaking break.

Getting laid off because your job got sent overseas makes you an idiot? Give me a freaking break.

Is that what I said? Is that anything even remotely related to what I said?

Getting laid off might not make you an idiot, but always finding an excuse to never save any of your money for a rainy day (or month or year) does. Taking on massive debt without thinking carefully about it might make you an idiot.

You know what's really screwing people over? Themselves. And I guarantee you it's not just the poor. Even fairly well off people make idiotic choices all the damned time and make themselves utterly miserable. The poor are not owed something by our system of government just because they happen to be poor. Being poor is not some special status that affords you the right to be taken care of.

Having money does not necessarily make people happy, and being poor does not necessarily make them needy or miserable. What makes people miserable is that they expect something out of life that they don't know how to achieve, and they make mistakes and are frustrated with the consequences.

Last edited:
Why not? I think the workers not the fat cats should be runnung business anyway. Behead the fat cats.

If they were capable of running a business, had the initiative and wherewithall to do so, don't you think they already would be?

Matter of fact, many of those 'fact cats' started out as workers..... so by your reasoning, behead them before they get too successful?:shock:

Good job legalizing pot in Col like here in Washington. Either lower the cost of living or raise wages. That is the bottom line.

Your comment does not even attempt to address the question asked. Figures.

I can drive any forklift. The fact is it was said that minimum wadge workers where lazy and unskilled when many are victoms of this bad economy and are well educated. This so called recovery is with bad wages and part time jobs and to say all low wage workers are unskiled is just plain wrong AP. You did not say it but that other right wing lunkhead did.

What you fail to realize is that when you screw over the "fat cats" and force them to take good jobs overseas all that remains are the poor paying jobs you complain about. I believe the old saying goes "don't bite the hand that feeds", that is precisely what you are advocating.

Last edited:
This explains a lot:

"Bob Herbert, a New York Times columnist, reported a 1981 interview with Lee Atwater, published in Southern Politics in the 1990s by Alexander P. Lamis, in which Lee Atwater discussed politics in the South:

Questioner: But the fact is, isn't it, that Reagan does get to the Wallace voter and to the racist side of the Wallace voter by doing away with legal services, by cutting down on food stamps?

Atwater: You start out in 1954 by saying, "Nigger, nigger, nigger." By 1968 you can't say "nigger" — that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states' rights and all that stuff. You're getting so abstract now [that] you're talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is [that] blacks get hurt worse than whites. And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I'm not saying that. But I'm saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me — because obviously sitting around saying, "We want to cut this," is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than "Nigger, nigger."[4]

Herbert wrote in the same column, "The truth is that there was very little that was subconscious about the G.O.P.'s relentless appeal to racist whites. Tired of losing elections, it saw an opportunity to renew itself by opening its arms wide to white voters who could never forgive the Democratic Party for its support of civil rights and voting rights for blacks.""

Southern strategy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Maybe this is part of the reason not to support raising the minimum wage although I don't believe it is the government's job to tell a private business what they should pay their employees. Regardless until the waste, fraud, and abuse in the Federal Govt. is corrected why give them any more money and why do you support individuals like the one in this clip?>

Fox News Follows California Beach Bum Living Off Food Stamps For Years - Greg Hengler

So the GOP is against raising the minimum wage. Why does that not suprise me? They are against food stamps. They are against unemployment benifits.They where against social security during the FDR days. They where against Medicare and Medicade. They are against entitlements period. The right wing hates the poor unles they are stupid rednecks or religous fanatic's rural voters who they have duped into blindly voting for them in spite of the fact voting for dem's would be in their best interest.It is a joke to think they act like they don't know why their party is falling apart nationally and can't win anything outside the freaking bible belt.Keep up the good work conservatives.Good luck ever winning the Whitehouse again.

I see that you ordered seconds on bigotry this morning for breakfast. It is them-people.

So the GOP is against raising the minimum wage. Why does that not suprise me?

The reason is that the minimum wage in real terms is on the high-side of historical averages.

They where against social security during the FDR days

I think that the GOP voted for it something like 4 or 5 to 1 in 1935. Support for it rose in the 1950s to 8 or 9 to 1. In 1983,it was a GOP president and a GOP senate that retrieved the system from insolvency.

Just keep calling them-people stupid and soon enough your political ideology will be back in the dust-bin.

If you want better job opportunities vote for a capitalist next time instead of a Manifesto Thumper clinging to his ration stamps and Robin Hood tights.

I see that you ordered seconds on bigotry this morning for breakfast. It is them-people.

The reason is that the minimum wage in real terms is on the high-side of historical averages.

I think that the GOP voted for it something like 4 or 5 to 1 in 1935. Support for it rose in the 1950s to 8 or 9 to 1. In 1983,it was a GOP president and a GOP senate that retrieved the system from insolvency.

Just keep calling them-people stupid and soon enough your political ideology will be back in the dust-bin.

It must be cheap to live in the peach state. The minimum wadge is low when compared to the past here in western Washington state.

Back
Top Bottom