• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Will Obama be Impeached Over?

What Will Obama be Impeached Over?

• Benghazi

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • IRS Scandal

• Drones

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Syria (Whatever happens)

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Being a Democrat

• Some other scandal yet to break

• HE WILL NOT BE IMPEACHED

Votes: 43 86.0%

• Total voters

aberrant85

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Obama's on thin ice with Republican representatives that are "this close" to impeaching him. What do you predict for the next 3 years?

No way that will happen with a demorat majority in the Senate.

No way that will happen with a demorat majority in the Senate.

From Wikipedia: Article One of the United States Constitution gives the House of Representatives the sole power of impeachment and the Senate the sole power to try impeachments.

So the House can still impeach, even if the Senate doesn't bring it to trial.

I doubt he will be impeached. This isn't the days of Nixon where a president may be held accountable like, those days are over and have been replaced by extreme partisan apologists.

This is wishful thinking on the part of people too blinded by party partisanship. Impeachment was meant as a tool to address criminal behavior on the part of a President. Behavior exhibited by Richard Nixon for example. The Republican Party has been DYING to successfully impeach a Democratic President to "even the scales."

Instead of screwing around how about both parties try to actually work together to give solid, intelligent, constructive and nationally supportive government to the people who elected them?

The chances of this happening are less than zero.

Tell you what - if Obama gets impeached, I'll bend over to tie my shoe in front of Jason Collins for 5 straight minutes.

Remember:

Republicans impeached Clinton over little more than a count of perjury and a blow job. They hate Obama even more than they hated him.

I doubt he will be impeached. This isn't the days of Nixon where a president may be held accountable like, those days are over and have been replaced by extreme partisan apologists.

... held accountable for the manufactured hysteria of the right-wing spin machine?

The sooner the Republican Party dies the better of this nation will be.

This is wishful thinking on the part of people too blinded by party partisanship. Impeachment was meant as a tool to address criminal behavior on the part of a President. Behavior exhibited by Richard Nixon for example. The Republican Party has been DYING to successfully impeach a Democratic President to "even the scales."

Instead of screwing around how about both parties try to actually work together to give solid, intelligent, constructive and nationally supportive government to the people who elected them?

I'm not partisan and yet I think that Obama should have been impeached the last time he went to war with Libya without congressional approval and went past the limit allowed in the Constitution. (a crime) It was blind partisanship that has allowed him to continue.

Remember:

Republicans impeached Clinton over little more than a count of perjury and a blow job. They hate Obama even more than they hated him.

Remember, they UNSUCCESSFULLY attempted to impeach him.

I attempted to jump to the moon this morning but I was unsuccessful. I'll try again after lunch.

Not gonna happen. We are NOT a Meritocracy.

Remember, they UNSUCCESSFULLY attempted to impeach him.

I attempted to jump to the moon this morning but I was unsuccessful. I'll try again after lunch.

Not gonna happen. We are NOT a Meritocracy.

Clinton was indeed impeached.

From Wikipedia: Article One of the United States Constitution gives the House of Representatives the sole power of impeachment and the Senate the sole power to try impeachments.

Which accomplishes just what?

Remember:

"Little more than..." *rolls eyes and falls over backwards*

Source please unless we're just playing semantics.

I almost got to the moon - does that count?

Clinton was impeached, remember. Kenn Starr and his witch hunt and all they could pin on him is denying he had sex and that this was impeachable because it was done during a testimony/official interview.

It's a no brainer, Obama as Cn'C has violated Article 92 of the UCMJ.

Dereliction in the performance of duties as Commander in Chief.

Obama's on thin ice with Republican representatives that are "this close" to impeaching him. What do you predict for the next 3 years?

If the president is found to be centrally involved in the IRS scandal or crafting the Benghazi misinformation campaign...maybe. If congress denies authority to strike Syria and the President strikes anyway...more of a philosophical battle over who has war declaration authority...maybe (if he didn't seek approval beforehand then wouldn't be an issue, but not sure if a president has ever been denied authority and then did it anyway...new ground here I think and could be contentious).

A lot of those GOPer reps are also on thin ice with a lot of voters in the USA who have watched them waste time trying to do something, anything to hurt President Obama.

Check out the Congress's approval rating and you'll see what I'm talking about. A lot of Americans, of every political persuasion, have noticed that the GOP Congress isn't getting anything done.

They have a perfect record of having accomplished nothing since they were sworn into office.

They are totally focused on trying to de-fund Obama care which isn't going to happen because they don't have the votes.

President Obama will be in the White House until another Democrat takes his place in 2017.

The GOP will continue to lose voter support due to the fact that it is on the wrong (Losing.) side of every social issue, and that it has failed to adjust to the massive demographic change that is coming at it like a tidal wave.

The GOP will be mighty lucky if it even exists thirty years from now.

A lot of the old, white men who run the GOP think that it will survive just fine without major change.

Well, they are 100% wrong and they are going to learn that they are wrong the hard way, in the not-distant future.

"Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.

If you don't think so I advise you to wait and see.

Last edited:
Source please unless we're just playing semantics.

I almost got to the moon - does that count?

He was impeached. He was impeached, but not removed from office.

Remember folks, impeachment, for the most part, is primarily a political weapon used against a political foe who may flirt with the edge of outright criminality. There is less high-mindedness with it than many would argue. All of the previous impeachment processes were heavily imbued with partisan wrangling rather than pursuit of impartial justice. That being said, it is usually reserved for the more significant political sins.

What you are talking about is more time-wasting malarkey, exactly what the GOP Congress needs, eh?

A lot of those GOPer reps are also on thin ice with a lot of voters in the USA who have watched them waste time trying to do something, anything to hurt President Obama.

Check out the Congress's approval rating and you'll see what I'm talking about. A lot of Americans, of every political persuasion, have noticed that the GOP Congress isn't getting anything done.

Correct, Congress's approval is low, but if you look at the individual Congressmen their personal approval ratings are counterintuitively high. It's like everyone in America hates congress, but likes their own Congressman (especially when they don't compromise). This creates gridlock, but I don't think it'll end any time soon by a Democratic wave. Gerrymandering alone seems to prevent that.

What you are talking about is more time-wasting malarkey, exactly what the GOP Congress needs, eh?

Exactly.

This National Disaster will not be impeached. However he will still be as f-ed up as he is now......or worse.

Remember:

Republicans impeached Clinton over little more than a count of perjury and a blow job.
They hate Obama even more than they hated him

They hate Obama a lot more, and that irrational hate is going to make them do some mighty stupid things that will hurt the GOP.

And I am going to laugh at them when that happens.

The GOP clown show never fails to entertain.

Back
Top Bottom