• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What time is it?

Fun Facts about Alice in Wonderland:

The novel was written by Lewis Carroll. This was a pseudo name; his real name was Charles Lutwidge Dodgson.

Carroll had many jobs including; novelist, mathematician, clergyman, photographer and artist.

It was first published on 26th November in 1865.

It was published by Macmillan Publishers.

It has been classed as one of the world’s most influential novels.

The novel is full of nonsensical rhymes.

There are twelve chapters in the novel.

A sequel, Through the Looking-Glass was an equal success.

Carroll’s other successful works include The Hunting of the Snark and Jabberwocky.

The novel features many characters. The most recognised are: Alice, the White Rabbit, the Dormouse, Tweedledee and Tweedledum, the Caterpillar, the Chesire Cat, the March Hare, the Mad Hatter and the Queen of Hearts.

Dinah (Alice’s cat) has become a popular literary cat.

Twinkle Twinkle Little Bat and How Doth the Little Crocodile are mimicked in the novel.

The Walrus and the Carpenter has also become a successful and well-known poem.

The idea for the novel came when Carroll went rowing up the Isis with three young girls; Lorina, Edith and Alice.

Plot development occurred on further boating trips in Oxford.

Many critics claim that Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland was based on realistic people and locations.

The title for the original novel was Alice’s Adventures Under Ground.

The original novel was illustrated by Carroll.

Alice, the heroine, is not a blonde as illustrated. The original Alice was a brunette.

When the novel was released, it gained little attention.

Queen Victoria was a known fan.

The novels were banned in China in 1931, on the grounds that ‘animals should not use human language’.

There have been many adaptations of Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, including two Disney films; one fully animated, and the other by Tim Burton.

Kathryn Beaumont voices Alice in the Disney animated film. She also voices Wendy Darling in Peter Pan.

It has been depicted on the stage for adults and children alike.

Many comic adaptations have been created, such as Alice in Sunderland by Bryan Talbot.

American McGee’s Alice and Alice: Madness Returns have been successful third person games.

Horror filmmakers have used the idea of Alice for films, such as 2010’s Alice in Murderland.

Alice-in-Wonderland syndrome, which is also known as Todd’s syndrome, is a disorientating neurological condition. It is associated with brain tumours, drugs and migraines.

There have been many drug references within Alice, such as an ‘Eat Me’ cakes which makes you grow, a ‘Drink Me’ bottle which makes you shrink, and a multi-sided mushroom to make you grow and shrink.

Wouldn't this be a cool idea for a theme for a kid's birthday party?

Wow!! Quite the setup and i could certainly see kids (and kids at heart) appreciating it.....especially if a few of those magic mushrooms in the last pic were made available.

I could see different kinds of parties using these...

5756700096_56e59d8b3d_z.jpg

:2razz:

In the show Once Upon a Time, the Mad Hatter looks like this....

sebuse-4547089012329116992.jpg

If I have to give a hint, the prize goes from shiny to "a bit roughed up".

I like it a little rough. :)

Currently it is 8:08pm Eastern....

Everytime I see the KFC commercial with the new spicy tenders and the girl slapping the guy after eating one I think of TGND.

Everytime I see the KFC commercial with the new spicy tenders and the girl slapping the guy after eating one I think of TGND.

Haha! I wanted to slap someone tonight, that's for sure!

Haha! I wanted to slap someone tonight, that's for sure!

I'm not a fan of that kind of sensuality usually but the way she smacks his face and pouts does bring some fire to the old wood.....lol

Back
Top Bottom