• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

what is your typical regimen for diet/exercise?

WHEN WILL I LOSE SOME DAMN WEIGHT?????? i quit smoking 2 1/2 yrs ago and put on 25 pounds, and i need to take it off.

Well, up until recently ... I ate whatever I wanted and walked a tiny bit when I cba or forced to.
That pretty much sumed up my regime for dieting and exercise and on a bad day, I'd run .... for the bus or train.

I joined a gym tho yesterday and quit smoking ... or trying to anyway and now attempting to cut out all my junk food/alot of my meat intake. Dunno which will work better.

Last edited:
Well, up until recently ... I ate whatever I wanted and walked a tiny bit when I cba or forced to.
That pretty much sumed up my regime for dieting and exercise and on a bad day, I'd run .... for the bus or train.

I joined a gym tho yesterday and quit smoking ... or trying to anyway and now attempting to cut out all my junk food/alot of my meat intake. Dunno which will work better.

Eat small meals all day. Seriously, thats the best way.

Out of commission for the next week. Woke up from my workout so sore yesterday I could barely move; actually had to have my partner button my pants for me cuz I couldn't pull my arms around front far enough...yes it was that bad. Soreness went away in my left shoulder as the day progressed but my right one wouldn't give. Took advil around 3, went back to the gym and did my cycling but couldn't make it through the last 20 minutes of the hour because the pressure of holding the handle bar was too much on the shoulder. Woke up this morning and couldn't move the shoulder at all without it feeling like someone was stabbing me. Turns out I actually tore the insertion of my trap muscle and ripped my bicep. Two things that will heal up in time provided I don't do anything stupid.

Moral of the story...you don't run a mile, do an hour class of calasthenics with 35lbs in dumbell weight and then do your normal weight training while your muscles are that fatigued....

Oops and OUCH.

Ouch is right! Calasthenics w/35# weights sounds like an exercise in which it's too difficult to maintain proper form, especially if you were already fatugued. As much as I hate to go backwards, I always grab lighter weights when doing that kind of workout.

I hope you heal quickly and don't get too antsy waiting things out. Even if you're not able to workout, your body will be repairing in all areas, so you'll get benefits. I just had to take a break on lower body due to an absolutely stupid injury* and was pleasantly reminded that during rest periods, good changes take place.

* I tripped on a dumbell while warming up, running barefoot and broke a toe. It's amazing how much lower body work you can't do when you can't put pressure on one toe. :crazy3:

Ouch is right! Calasthenics w/35# weights sounds like an exercise in which it's too difficult to maintain proper form, especially if you were already fatugued. As much as I hate to go backwards, I always grab lighter weights when doing that kind of workout.

I hope you heal quickly and don't get too antsy waiting things out. Even if you're not able to workout, your body will be repairing in all areas, so you'll get benefits. I just had to take a break on lower body due to an absolutely stupid injury* and was pleasantly reminded that during rest periods, good changes take place.

* I tripped on a dumbell while warming up, running barefoot and broke a toe. It's amazing how much lower body work you can't do when you can't put pressure on one toe. :crazy3:

I'm already going back at the gym starting monday (doctor said I could). Whole new routine, too. Only an hour a day, three days a week because now I am trying to bulk up a little. My body fat is down to something like 8% so I am upping my calorie intake to 3000 cals a day and just a heavy lifting regimen of different muscle groups each day. I think I am still gonna do yoga two days a week though even though the trainer only wants me doing the lifting for the next 16 weeks. I just like yoga too much to give it up.

Back
Top Bottom