• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

what is your typical regimen for diet/exercise?

I did treadmilling for a while and appeared to get nothing out of it. So now I am doing some exercise dvds and my muscles have been hurting for the last two weeks. I initially went up 5 lbs and now I am starting to drop almost a half lb a day. I am cautiously optimistic. Hopefully I will be able to put the treadmill on craig's list if this other thing works.

i've been trying to change my eating/drinking habits for about a month, and am working out regularly. 3-4 times per week. have only lost 4 pounds. i'm very frustrated.

typical intake for a day:

v-8 or protein shake, protein bar
whole wheat wrap, roast beef/chicken and cheese, fruit
chicken breast, small amount mashed potatoes/rice, broccolli
sugar free pudding
nuts
yogurt

typical exercise: 3-4 times weekly

30-45 minutes "random hill" treadmill
core or weights, 20 - 30 minutes

weekends are definitely a little more lax. wine, a few more snacks, but i try to stay away from anything fried. i eat cereal sometimes for dinner, 1% milk.

WHEN WILL I LOSE SOME DAMN WEIGHT?????? i quit smoking 2 1/2 yrs ago and put on 25 pounds, and i need to take it off.

Monday through Friday, my meals are pretty boring.

Breakfast: Oatmeal, banana, yogurt, almonds, and granola
Mid Morning: Cottage Cheese and blueberries
Lunch: Turkey and cheese sandwich on cracked wheat and carrots
Mid Afternoon: Boiled egg and an orange
Dinner: Chicken, brown rice, and some vegetable
Evening: Recovery formula from P90X and maybe another orange

I work out 4 days a week and it changes up what I do because my time at the gym is sort of my social time to hang out with my buds, too.

This week's schedule is:

Monday:

6:00 PM Kickboxing
7:00 PM Resistance Cycling
8:00 PM Yoga

Tuesday:

6:00 PM Insanity Ab workout followed by swimming
7:00 PM Yoga
8:00 PM Lifting

Wednesday:

6:00 PM Sculpting routines (lighter weight, many reps, keeping perfect form)
8:00 PM Get my ass kicked at raquetball

Thursday:

6:00 PM Gonna try this thing called PiYo which is supposed to be a more strenuous Yoga. Gonna give it a shot and see how it works out.
7:00 PM Free weights with my buddy
8:00 PM Cardio Circuits

Friday I do nothing but I stick to my diet. On Saturday and Sunday, I eat whatever the hell I want but I also make a point of jogging with my dogs around the canyon at least one day.

liblady,

RAW eggs absorb quicker and easier into the human body, than scrambled, over easy or hard boiled eggs. Plus the protein components are more pure as opposed to boiling out the vitamins.

Monday through Friday, my meals are pretty boring.

Breakfast: Oatmeal, banana, yogurt, almonds, and granola
Mid Morning: Cottage Cheese and blueberries
Lunch: Turkey and cheese sandwich on cracked wheat and carrots
Mid Afternoon: Boiled egg and an orange
Dinner: Chicken, brown rice, and some vegetable
Evening: Recovery formula from P90X and maybe another orange

I work out 4 days a week and it changes up what I do because my time at the gym is sort of my social time to hang out with my buds, too.

This week's schedule is:

Monday:

6:00 PM Kickboxing
8:00 PM Yoga

Tuesday:

6:00 PM Insanity Ab workout followed by swimming
7:00 PM Yoga
8:00 PM Lifting

Wednesday:

6:00 PM Sculpting routines (lighter weight, many reps, keeping perfect form)
8:00 PM Get my ass kicked at raquetball

Thursday:

6:00 PM Gonna try this thing called PiYo which is supposed to be a more strenuous Yoga. Gonna give it a shot and see how it works out.
7:00 PM Free weights with my buddy
8:00 PM Cardio Circuits

Friday I do nothing but I stick to my diet. On Saturday and Sunday, I eat whatever the hell I want but I also make a point of jogging with my dogs around the canyon at least one day.

no way i can be at the gym for 3 hours. when do you see your partner? how do you have time for dinner?

no way i can be at the gym for 3 hours. when do you see your partner? how do you have time for dinner?

I avoid my partner right now actually because he's in school and a little bit difficult to deal with when he gets stressed out. I see him at night when I get home from the gym and he's all done with his class work and we have plenty of time on the weekends since I dont do the gym at all those days. I have dinner right around 4:30 so thats not a problem.

Like I said, this is my social time, too, and I hang out with my friends who also hang out in the gym at those times. The way I see it is this: I could either be on the computer or watching TV for 3 hours in the evening or I could be at the gym hanging out with my friends for the same amount of time. It's more about priorities than anything else: there's time for the gym. You just have to use the time for the gym instead of wasting it on other things.

And remember, that's just my schedule this week. Some weeks, I go in the mornings more and less in the evening. Others, I only stay for a couple of hours a day. It all depends on what it is I have going on. But I do try to make my schedule a week in advance and keep to it, otherwise I find I wander around the gym aimlessly with no plan.

I avoid my partner right now actually because he's in school and a little bit difficult to deal with when he gets stressed out. I see him at night when I get home from the gym and he's all done with his class work and we have plenty of time on the weekends since I dont do the gym at all those days. I have dinner right around 4:30 so thats not a problem.

Like I said, this is my social time, too, and I hang out with my friends who also hang out in the gym at those times. The way I see it is this: I could either be on the computer or watching TV for 3 hours in the evening or I could be at the gym hanging out with my friends for the same amount of time. It's more about priorities than anything else: there's time for the gym. You just have to use the time for the gym instead of wasting it on other things.

And remember, that's just my schedule this week. Some weeks, I go in the mornings more and less in the evening. Others, I only stay for a couple of hours a day. It all depends on what it is I have going on. But I do try to make my schedule a week in advance and keep to it, otherwise I find I wander around the gym aimlessly with no plan.

well, i like spending time with my husband, and we don't have much private time, so i limit my time at the gym, usually 4 days a week, to max 1.5 hours. i get there around 6 or 6:30. and honestly, i am tired when i'm done, in a good way though. i think i'm pretty on target with my diet, and it's definitely sustainable. i just need patience, really.

well, i like spending time with my husband, and we don't have much private time, so i limit my time at the gym, usually 4 days a week, to max 1.5 hours. i get there around 6 or 6:30. and honestly, i am tired when i'm done, in a good way though. i think i'm pretty on target with my diet, and it's definitely sustainable. i just need patience, really.

You know something though...if you want to really see results, I find that eating more often with smaller portions is the best way to go. I think 6 times a day is supposed to be optimal.

You know something though...if you want to really see results, I find that eating more often with smaller portions is the best way to go. I think 6 times a day is supposed to be optimal.

i can't seem to manage it, but i am trying, at least some days. it's kind of hard for me to eat when i'm not hungry. i do have nuts and sugar free pudding......or maybe a slice of deli meat and cheese, or yogurt, in between meals.

70% of your weight loss depends on your diet... so change it up still.. dont eat after 7pm not matter how freaking hungry you are... just drink warm water..... yes warm water why? because the water will raise your body temperature causing you too sorta sweat but keeping your body fat warm and not solid cold.... eat a lot of veggies, greens greens greens and not from mcdonnalds. red meat is okay but only like once every 5 days..... eat fish tuna!!! dont eat too many sugary foods sugar retains fat, well any complex carbon, this means bread and pasta too in case you didnt know when bread enters your mouth it becomes sugar... ill post more info tomorrow good luck!!

70% of your weight loss depends on your diet... so change it up still.. dont eat after 7pm not matter how freaking hungry you are... just drink warm water..... yes warm water why? because the water will raise your body temperature causing you too sorta sweat but keeping your body fat warm and not solid cold....

Actually, it's the exact opposite. You drink ice cold water, forcing your body to work extra hard to keep your temp up. This expends energy, thus burning calories.

It doen't matter if you eat after 7. That's pure myth. I eat when my body tells me to eat. Most nights I snarf down a few handfuls of almonds or a bowl of cottage cheese before bed. I can't fall asleep when I'm hungry. Chances are, if I've not eaten enough throughout the day, I will be hungry. If I'm hungry, I eat. Plain and simple.

It doen't matter if you eat after 7. That's pure myth. I eat when my body tells me to eat. Most nights I snarf down a few handfuls of almonds or a bowl of cottage cheese before bed. I can't fall asleep when I'm hungry. Chances are, if I've not eaten enough throughout the day, I will be hungry. If I'm hungry, I eat. Plain and simple.

Well, yes and no. You really shouldn't go to bed with a stomach full of carbs. A good general rule is to TRY not to eat 2 - 3 hours prior to going to bed, but if you are going to eat, try make it low carb. Other than that, I agree and it's really specific to the individual's metabolism.

I mean hell, I'm just starting my workout around 7pm, so I don't usually eat dinner until 8:30 - 9:00. But, I also don't go to bed until around 12:30. There's no way in hell I could not eat after 7. LOL But, I do try to make my dinner very light on carbs.

Actually, it's the exact opposite. You drink ice cold water, forcing your body to work extra hard to keep your temp up. This expends energy, thus burning calories.

no no... when you eat greasy foods and you drink cold drinks your solidifying the grease almost instantly into your body thus making it twice as hard to burn jelly belly.. saw in a documentary on discovery health, yeah you make yuor body work twice as hard burning energy... but its not the same as saying your working your muscles to burn fat your just burning more energy to stay warm.... huge difference

70% of your weight loss depends on your diet... so change it up still.. dont eat after 7pm not matter how freaking hungry you are... just drink warm water..... yes warm water why? because the water will raise your body temperature causing you too sorta sweat but keeping your body fat warm and not solid cold.... eat a lot of veggies, greens greens greens and not from mcdonnalds. red meat is okay but only like once every 5 days..... eat fish tuna!!! dont eat too many sugary foods sugar retains fat, well any complex carbon, this means bread and pasta too in case you didnt know when bread enters your mouth it becomes sugar... ill post more info tomorrow good luck!!

understood, but i eat late mostly due to necessity. i don't eat mcdonalds, well, rarely. i eat a variety of meats. whole grain breads, if any. i don't need any extra help with sweat. pasta is limited and whole wheat. rice is brown/wild. i am not willing to give up everything i like because no way could i sustain that, and i look at this as a life change, not a diet. if i want some ice cream at some point, i'm having it. if i want a small maount of mashed potatoes, i'm having them.

i talked with my trainer last night and it's really just my body adjusting to a new exercise regime along with an altered diet. i am going to stay off the scale for awhile and focus on how i feel and look, which is already better. thanks.

i had dinner at 6 last night, worked out, and came home and had cereal and bananas. i was actually STARVED.

no no... when you eat greasy foods and you drink cold drinks your solidifying the grease almost instantly into your body thus making it twice as hard to burn jelly belly.. saw in a documentary on discovery health, yeah you make yuor body work twice as hard burning energy... but its not the same as saying your working your muscles to burn fat your just burning more energy to stay warm.... huge difference

I guess that makes sense if you eat a bunch of greasy foods...why not skip the grease, drink the ice cold water, make your body work hard to burn it (it burns about 70 calories a day just by drinking cold water) and have better health?

i had dinner at 6 last night, worked out, and came home and had cereal and bananas. i was actually STARVED.

One thing I forgot to mention yesterday, liblady: as you build muscle, keeping slim gets easier. Muscle has a much higher basal metabolism than fat. So when you develop muscle, your body is working off energy even at rest. ;)

One thing I forgot to mention yesterday, liblady: as you build muscle, keeping slim gets easier. Muscle has a much higher basal metabolism than fat. So when you develop muscle, your body is working off energy even at rest. ;)

yesterday was actually good.....went through a core routine and cardio and wasn't totally wiped. of course, that means i need to up my routine, but it felt good. thanks so much for the input, it really does help.

yesterday was actually good.....went through a core routine and cardio and wasn't totally wiped. of course, that means i need to up my routine, but it felt good. thanks so much for the input, it really does help.

No problem, babe. After I got really sick for a while there, first thing I promised myself if/when I got better was my college body back. Now, keeping fit is something of a passion and a hobby for me and it really makes me feel great to see others doing the same.

understood, but i eat late mostly due to necessity. i don't eat mcdonalds, well, rarely. i eat a variety of meats. whole grain breads, if any. i don't need any extra help with sweat. pasta is limited and whole wheat. rice is brown/wild. i am not willing to give up everything i like because no way could i sustain that, and i look at this as a life change, not a diet. if i want some ice cream at some point, i'm having it. if i want a small maount of mashed potatoes, i'm having them.

i talked with my trainer last night and it's really just my body adjusting to a new exercise regime along with an altered diet. i am going to stay off the scale for awhile and focus on how i feel and look, which is already better. thanks.

I'm in the same boat with you with the weight loss. 3 months of P90X and I hadn't dropped a pound. However, I did lose inches, obviously gained muscle, and my shorts are so loose I have to keep pulling them up. (so, dropped a size) I was getting frustrated that the scale numbers weren't going down so I just stopped getting on the scale. Hadn't weighed myself in a couple weeks or so. Then went to the doc the other day and their scales said I had lost 4lbs. Like you, I decided not to go by the number and go by the mirror and clothes fitting. It's hard though, beause it's nice to have an OBJECTIVE point of reference to base one's success on. LOL

But, I think mood-wise, you'll feel better if you just stop weighing yourself for awhile. I know I did, anyway.

It's hard though, beause it's nice to have an OBJECTIVE point of reference to base one's success on. LOL

I have that objective without the scale. I measure my success on how much hot ass I can pick up with minimal effort between Friday evening and Monday morning. :shrug:

I have that objective without the scale. I measure my success on how much hot ass I can pick up with minimal effort between Friday evening and Monday morning. :shrug:

ROFL

Well, I'm not out to pick up any hot ass ;)

Well see, there's your problem. You need to treat yourself, love.

Men are too much trouble and I don't really know how to pick up women. I just have little desire to put forth the effort required.

Though, my skydiving jumpmaster might be worth the trouble. I might have to fork out another couple hundred for a jump and request him just so I can have him all pressed up against me, falling through the sky at 125 mph. :lol:

i've been trying to change my eating/drinking habits for about a month, and am working out regularly. 3-4 times per week. have only lost 4 pounds. i'm very frustrated.

typical intake for a day:

v-8 or protein shake, protein bar
whole wheat wrap, roast beef/chicken and cheese, fruit
chicken breast, small amount mashed potatoes/rice, broccolli
sugar free pudding
nuts
yogurt

typical exercise: 3-4 times weekly

30-45 minutes "random hill" treadmill
core or weights, 20 - 30 minutes

weekends are definitely a little more lax. wine, a few more snacks, but i try to stay away from anything fried. i eat cereal sometimes for dinner, 1% milk.

WHEN WILL I LOSE SOME DAMN WEIGHT?????? i quit smoking 2 1/2 yrs ago and put on 25 pounds, and i need to take it off.

Try interval training instead of the treadmill. Should get your cardio up. I've been trying Shaun T's Insanity Workout for two weeks and I have lost about 8 lbs and noticed a huge improvement in cardio. It is only about 45 minutes a day. Your diet looks good. I only drink water, green tea, seltzer, and the occasional cup of coffee (no sugar). That has also helped tremendously. Hope this helped!

Back
Top Bottom