• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

what is wrong with the d***** liberals

what's wrong with liberalism

• nothing

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • their veiws

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • thier "spiecial" opinion's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • everything

Votes: 8 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OdgenTugbyGlub said:
You haven't actually said anything, you've just spewed the same "the other party is a bunch of morons" rhetoric. So in answer to your question, yes you do need to say more on the topic.

I don't sayanyting? Gee, I thought I said how liberals are for handing out condoms in school but don't want anyone to say the word "God". Why is it liberals are so quick to say how evil the U.S. is but they love Cuba, the old U.S.S.R. (still heatbroken over their beakup huh?) Try reading my post again & your'll find I do say things. Just cause you don't like what I have to say don't mean it was not said. I know liberals suffer from "group think" but just try to think for yourself for once. You might see my point.

Originally posted by jallman:
Now its my turn to thank you mixed media.
Would you two like a room?

That was a very good post, jallman.

Most liberals want the U.S. out of Iraq as soon as possible. That would be a huge mastake. We need bases there. I'm all for leaving a sizable force the for the forseeable future. It would come in handy if the **** hits the fan with Iran. Cut & run?..... now THAT would be like Vietnam.

tr1414 said:
I don't sayanyting? Gee, I thought I said how liberals are for handing out condoms in school but don't want anyone to say the word "God". Why is it liberals are so quick to say how evil the U.S. is but they love Cuba, the old U.S.S.R. (still heatbroken over their beakup huh?) Try reading my post again & your'll find I do say things. Just cause you don't like what I have to say don't mean it was not said. I know liberals suffer from "group think" but just try to think for yourself for once. You might see my point.

truthfully, the only point you attempted to make was a regurgitation of party rhetoric topped off with a Hail Michael Savage, full of shyte, Rush is with thee. So, I simply shot the other rhetoric back point for point. Sorry you cant handle that.

hehe, no I'm not.

Billo_Really said:
Would you two like a room?

That was a very good post, jallman.

Awww, Billo....you know, I would love to share a room with a man like jallman, but I'm afraid I'm just not his type.

mixedmedia said:
Jallman was making a point. He's not even a liberal, for pete's sake.

Exactly, the point was to say, "you're just as bad as the other guy" but this solves nothing, and leaves the author, and or reader with nothing to take from it. If we started to discuss how all of us could do with some major character changes, and could be more open to all ideas, then maybe we would be on to something. As it stands now, we are all just pointing fingers, just as they like to keep us, partisan sheep. This is my point, I hope I cleared that up for you.

Deegan said:
Exactly, the point was to say, "you're just as bad as the other guy" but this solves nothing, and leaves the author, and or reader with nothing to take from it. If we started to discuss how all of us could do with some major character changes, and could be more open to all ideas, then maybe we would be on to something. As it stands now, we are all just pointing fingers, just as they like to keep us, partisan sheep. This is my point, I hope I cleared that up for you.

I understand your point very clearly. I am tired of the partisan finger-pointing, too. I am especially tired of the over-the-top provocation for kicks that I often see exhibited around here - on both sides. Such as the post that started off this little exchange. That doesn't mean I don't still get rankled by it and am not grateful for a little back up from someone - especially when that someone isn't philosophically a "fellow traveler."

mixedmedia said:
I understand your point very clearly. I am tired of the partisan finger-pointing, too. I am especially tired of the over-the-top provocation for kicks that I often see exhibited around here - on both sides. Such as the post that started off this little exchange. That doesn't mean I don't still get rankled by it and am not grateful for a little back up from someone - especially when that someone isn't philosophically a "fellow traveler."

Brilliant, so we agree, but somehow I think that is forbidden here.;)

Deegan said:

Actually, I just hate to see one side or the other get attacked so blatantly. T R 11blah blah blah never really has anything to say except partisan talking points, so I just brought the opposite talking points out on the table. I would have done the same thing had he been a lib attacking conservatives so mindlessly. But you know me, I believe in moderation and progressive compromise. Most of the problems facing America today are easy to solve if you just set the emotion and the partisan bias aside.

Deegan said:
Brilliant, so we agree, but somehow I think that is forbidden here.;)

I say we form a citizen's committee on civilized debate. I'll go get the pitchforks.

jallman said:
Actually, I just hate to see one side or the other get attacked so blatantly. T R 11blah blah blah never really has anything to say except partisan talking points, so I just brought the opposite talking points out on the table. I would have done the same thing had he been a lib attacking conservatives so mindlessly. But you know me, I believe in moderation and progressive compromise. Most of the problems facing America today are easy to solve if you just set the emotion and the partisan bias aside.

You animal. Let's party. :party

tr1414 said:
What's wrong with liberals? Well, why is it that the say they care so much about people but hate anyone who does not think as they do so much? Why is it that they seem to be for everything that's wrong (in my view) in the world? Why is it that they are so quick to make excuses for the head choppers, so quick to find fault with our troops but say they love them at the same time. Why is it that they want us to be sensitive of Islam but don't want ANY menton about Christ? Why is it that they want to call Christmas the "winter holiday"? What is it that they want to be able to hand out condoms in school but can't menton God? (Unless of cause it's Islam) Why are they hell bent on breaking down this nation from the inside. The schools, mass media are wall to wall liberal.The level of hate coming from them tells me that liberalism IS a mental disorder.

Tell me one thing here that's not true....

jallman said:
Everything between the first capital W and the last period.
You missed the sig line too... Bin Laden still seems to be alive. So does the IRA, and many other terrorist groups.

Smug liberalism at its best. You are the type of guys that say "why do they hate us" I'm the kind of guy who don't care why they hate us. What kills me is that most libs just think that they are so much smarter then everyone else. Forget about anyone with different ideas. I can understand the whole different mindset thing. But what's with the smugness? The crudeness? The hate? I thought libs were tolerant.... Well, you for those of you in the Ward Churchill set of the party, get ready for a hard turn to the right.

tr1414 said:
Smug liberalism at its best. You are the type of guys that say "why do they hate us" I'm the kind of guy who don't care why they hate us. What kills me is that most libs just think that they are so much smarter then everyone else. Forget about anyone with different ideas. I can understand the whole different mindset thing. But what's with the smugness? The crudeness? The hate? I thought libs were tolerant.... Well, you for those of you in the Ward Churchill set of the party, get ready for a hard turn to the right.
Ahh, so a non-sequitor response. Gotcha.

tr1414 said:

Uh, yeah, I'll be holding my breath for that hard turn. And for the record, I am not a liberal, or at least not your typical liberal. I am much more moderate. I was just pointing out the lack of thought in your thread...the repetition of pundits and partisan talking points. And you WERE the one who called a whole group of people mentally disordered, so I dont think you should be preaching about hate. You neocons crack me up with your hypocrisy.

UNREAL....some of you just can't see the light. Well, at least I "cracked you up"

UNREAL....some of you just can't see the light. Well, at least I "cracked you up"
Whats unreal is that YOU think you've seen the light when you can't even see past your own asshole. Despite what you think, declaring yourself the victor doesnt make it so. Maybe you need to stop taking pages out of G Dubs book, hum?

OdgenTugbyGlub said:
Whats unreal is that YOU think you've seen the light when you can't even see past your own asshole. Despite what you think, declaring yourself the victor doesnt make it so. Maybe you need to stop taking pages out of G Dubs book, hum?

Are you OK? Did you miss your meds or something? Wow... what on earth is your problem? Besides being a liberal....

FinnMacCool said:
WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG

Thats what conservatives will have you believe.

These supposed "liberals" that do not support the "War in Iraq" are actually concerned people who actually would want to go after the right people rather then just invade countries for the hell of it and based on evidence that has been proven wrong.

Thats the only thing I can criticize about your post though. otherwise I would agree with you.

Ok, WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG.

I don't believe conservatives would have you believe anything. Nor liberals. They have their beliefs, but being liberal or conservative has nothing to do with forcing your beliefs (or persuading) on others.

And I've got nothing against liberals/conservatives. Beliefs are beliefs are beliefs, and should be treated as such.

Are you OK? Did you miss your meds or something? Wow... what on earth is your problem? Besides being a liberal....

My problem is extremists. A.K.A. your kind of people. I have a problem with the far left and the far right because they're so caught up in telling people that the other side of the fence is wrong all the time that they forget to actually accomplish anything. My problem is the fact that half the things that need to get done in the country don't get done because the hardliners can't remove their heads from their asses long enough to look at the facts and make something happen. My problem is a focus on demonizing the other guy and not actually creating a dialogue that will be of use.

Oh, and by the way, I'm an independent.

OdgenTugbyGlub said:
Oh, and by the way, I'm an independent.

To some conservatives anyone to the left of Rick Santorum is a liberal. If they keep this up, by next election there'll be enough conservatives left to almost make up a fastpitch softball team.

Back
Top Bottom