• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What is up with Rush???

The kind of people who are Rush fans are not the same kind of people who would vote for Obama, Chavez or Hitler. We are discerning and we measure Rush by how closely he hews to the fundamentals that made this country great.

Fundamentals you have forgotten, are ignorant of, or don't care about.
One thing I've learned in my travels...is that people are pretty much the same everywhere you go. The traditions, customs and the leaders are what changes. Not knowing this is a crippling form of ignorance that gives rise to exceptionalism, no offense. Many of the 1940's German people were not bad, they were quite simply lied to and told that thier survival depended security in the form of invading other countries. Many Venzuelans under Chavez have been lied to in different ways. It's not fair to criticize people, even though I do it constantly, for believing thier sources of information. The thing that makes America, and many other countries great...is that we still get to hear more than one viewpoint. But freedom of the press does not make our country imune to bad decision making I.E. Bush-Iraq

If by fundamentals...you mean christianity and conservatism...I happen to be spiritual and liberal. Rush doesn't embody the fundamentals of being an American. He only embodies what I think is the less desirable anger and hate driven dark side leaking from a demographic that fears it might loose it's monopoly on the power structure in American government and society.

I agree with Thomas Sowell who said, "Rush Limbaugh makes more serious points while clowning around than a whole page full of New York Times columnists make while being solemn and pompous."

And one night of the Daily Show is more truthful, than what Rush puts out in a week. And the sad part is the Daily Show is a comedy show while Rush actually tries to act like his show is legitimate commentary with truth. :rofl

One thing I've learned in my travels...is that people are pretty much the same everywhere you go. The traditions, customs and the leaders are what changes. Not knowing this is a crippling form of ignorance that gives rise to exceptionalism, no offense. Many of the 1940's German people were not bad, they were quite simply lied to and told that thier survival depended security in the form of invading other countries. Many Venzuelans under Chavez have been lied to in different ways. It's not fair to criticize people, even though I do it constantly, for believing thier sources of information. The thing that makes America, and many other countries great...is that we still get to hear more than one viewpoint. But freedom of the press does not make our country imune to bad decision making I.E. Bush-Iraq

If by fundamentals...you mean christianity and conservatism...I happen to be spiritual and liberal. Rush doesn't embody the fundamentals of being an American. He only embodies what I think is the less desirable anger and hate driven dark side leaking from a demographic that fears it might loose it's monopoly on the power structure in American government and society.

We have rampant government growth, indebtedness, wealth that's not even being created yet that is being spent, what is this?

Barack Obama sees his mission is to restructure and reform this country so that capitalism and individual liberty are not its foundation. Rush Limbaugh asks you why would you want that to succeed?

And one night of the Daily Show is more truthful, than what Rush puts out in a week. And the sad part is the Daily Show is a comedy show while Rush actually tries to act like his show is legitimate commentary with truth. :rofl

Nothing you've said discounts Rush's truths.

We have rampant government growth, indebtedness, wealth that's not even being created yet that is being spent, what is this? Barack Obama sees his mission is to restructure and reform this country so that capitalism and individual liberty are not its foundation. Rush Limbaugh asks you why would you want that to succeed?
Rush hasn't shown me proof that rampant government growth, indebtedness, and deficit spending will ruin us before any Obama programs might help turn the economy around sooner. I've heard him cherry pick similar scenarios from our depression and the Japanese recession to create hypotheticals to explain how certain things could happen, but he doesn't say could, he says will. And that's where he squeezes in all the rest of his unproven angry diatribe.

And dittoheads just lap it up.

Nothing you've said discounts Rush's truths.

You've said nothing to prove Rush isn't lying everytime he opens his fat mouth. Well, if you would try to prove he's honest, you would have to lie, bribe, and blackmail tons of people to "prove" three minutes of his broadcasts.

You've said nothing to prove Rush isn't lying everytime he opens his fat mouth. Well, if you would try to prove he's honest, you would have to lie, bribe, and blackmail tons of people to "prove" three minutes of his broadcasts.

Are you even aware of how ridiculous your writings are? Absolutes merely take you over the edge of sanity.

Be specific, pick a target and shoot it coherently. Or continue this litany of inane incoherent bleatings...whatever.

What exactly are you talking about? Presenting Al Franken quotes dont back you up either. Those just drag you down further into your saneless abyss.

I realize California is a little out there but this is still the USA where people are innocent until proven guilty. Not the other way around as you argue.

Last edited:
Are you even aware of how ridiculous your writings are? Absolutes merely take you over the edge of sanity.
Be specific, pick a target and shoot it coherently. Or continue this litany of inane incoherent bleatings...whatever.
What exactly are you talking about? Presenting Al Franken quotes dont back you up either. Those just drag you down further into your saneless abyss.
I realize California is a little out there but this is still the USA where people are innocent until proven guilty. Not the other way around as you argue.

I'm sorry, but the last time I saw him, he wasn't exactly fit. I think just about everyone can agree he isn't thin, so therefore, I'm just adding some sensory details.

I agree absolutes don't work, they never do, and never will, but I'm not dealing in absolutes. I'm simply stating that Rush lies a lot, if not always.

Al Franken quotes? So, you're essentially saying I'm making a joke out of Rush Limbaugh? God, I don't need to do that, he does it well enuogh himself.

And, I think I should represent the fact that Limbaugh does lie, a lot. I mean, honestly, have you heard some of the things he's said... Obama supports killing babies, he's a muslim, he's making deals with terrorists... god, I don't see anywhere in any of his broadcasts where he tells the truth.

And just because California voted for Obama doesn't mean you should get all butt hurt about it...

I know that probably no one in the whole world, besides Limbaugh himself could answer this, but what the hell is Rush Limbaugh trying to do all the time? I understand he always yells about something for a good rating, and for money, but why is he purposefully misleading so many people? I honestly have counted more lies then truths when I listen to him...and afterwards, I need to watch something true, and not misleading just to clear my head of his rants. Also, I've heard that occasionally, he has said violent things, which are capable of inciting others to violence, so I'm wondering why doesn't anyone say anything? I understand that if a liberal tries it, everyone will start yelling at the liberal. There are plenty of conservatives who think he's crazy, so why don't they do anything about it? Honestly...when I listen to him... it's amazing to me how no one has attacked him yet.

I love him! I wish he'd run for President!::happy:

I know that probably no one in the whole world, besides Limbaugh himself could answer this, but what the hell is Rush Limbaugh trying to do all the time? I understand he always yells about something for a good rating, and for money, but why is he purposefully misleading so many people? I honestly have counted more lies then truths when I listen to him...and afterwards, I need to watch something true, and not misleading just to clear my head of his rants. Also, I've heard that occasionally, he has said violent things, which are capable of inciting others to violence, so I'm wondering why doesn't anyone say anything? I understand that if a liberal tries it, everyone will start yelling at the liberal. There are plenty of conservatives who think he's crazy, so why don't they do anything about it? Honestly...when I listen to him... it's amazing to me how no one has attacked him yet.

Rush has security to combat the death threats that not only come from the radical fringe left, but also Islamic terrorists.

He's not the only Conservative talk show host who needs solid security, either.

Maybe if Tiller at least hired a body guard he'd still be alive.

I'm not dealing in absolutes. I'm simply stating that Rush lies a lot, if not always.
Links? quotes? anything?

Al Franken quotes? So, you're essentially saying I'm making a joke out of Rush Limbaugh? God, I don't need to do that, he does it well enuogh himself.
Someone attempted to support you with an all Franken quote--that was the joke. page 1

And, I think I should represent the fact that Limbaugh does lie, a lot. I mean, honestly, have you heard some of the things he's said... Obama supports killing babies, he's a muslim, he's making deals with terrorists... god, I don't see anywhere in any of his broadcasts where he tells the truth.
So far you represent the fact you can make allegations. That is all

And just because California voted for Obama doesn't mean you should get all butt hurt about it...

306,604,672 are butt hurt about it whether they know it or not yet.. Minus a few bankers of course.

Links to support anything? Anything at all? Bueller? Anyone?

Rush has security to combat the death threats that not only come from the radical fringe left, but also Islamic terrorists.

He's not the only Conservative talk show host who needs solid security, either.

Maybe if Tiller at least hired a body guard he'd still be alive.
You left out the fringe right aka "the base". Homicidal assassins are a time honored tradition for fringe elements. Racism had James Earl Ray. Bitter gun clinging gay hating Christians have Jim D. Adkisson. Pro Lifers no doubt have some religious whacko who did Tiller per O'Reilly's instructions. Islamic terrorists had the 911 perpetrators. Liberals have Bill Ayers...but wait, he was indicted on conspiracy charges that were thrown out for prosecutorial misconduct.

Do we have any fringe Lefties that actualy "pulled the trigger" so to speak on behalf of the left, and were prosecuted? Not saying there isn't any, but I can't think of any.

Last edited:
Rush hasn't shown me proof that rampant government growth, indebtedness, and deficit spending will ruin us before any Obama programs might help turn the economy around sooner. I've heard him cherry pick similar scenarios from our depression and the Japanese recession to create hypotheticals to explain how certain things could happen, but he doesn't say could, he says will. And that's where he squeezes in all the rest of his unproven angry diatribe.

And dittoheads just lap it up.

Let's assume Obama's programs do turn things around. Then what do we have?

Gargantuan government. Insurmountable indebtedness. Debilitating deficits.

How do we fix that? How do we reduce the size of government once it's swollen so large? Who pays down the debt? Who is saddled with the deficits.

Not Obama.

That's what Rush meant when he said he wants Obama to fail.

As much as I want him to keep "speaking" ( lol) for the Republicans, I think a one party system, with only Democrats wouldn't work. Limbaugh will tear down the party around all it's members, and then they will wonder "what the hell???" Then, of course, they will blame the Democrats...

Ya, but if we are going to have 2 parties, shouldn't we have at least one good party? If the party ever stopped wanting to be the party of Reagan, and instead wanted to be the party of Bill Buckley, that would be beneficial to America. Also, we need an old style FDR democratic party. Not the corporatist clowns we have in the democratic party now. We already have one party of big business, we don't need two. So if we could get a real intellectual republican party back(not the anti-intellectual morons of today), and get a democratic party that didn't just say it was for the common man, but really was. Things would be far better~~

Let's assume Obama's programs do turn things around. Then what do we have?

Gargantuan government. Insurmountable indebtedness. Debilitating deficits.

How do we fix that? How do we reduce the size of government once it's swollen so large? Who pays down the debt? Who is saddled with the deficits.

Not Obama.

That's what Rush meant when he said he wants Obama to fail.
Rush is not an economist, nor is he a historian. What he does is take advantage of focus group information to taylor his broadcasts to appeal to far righties. Thats why freightening far righties is such a snap for him. He knows what will keep you tuned in...and that is fear and anger. Rush's advertisers are happy, Rush is happy, and Conservatives feel less anxiety because they "trust" Rush. It really is similar to Obamania.

Rush has no way of knowing where we'll be in 2, 5, 10, or 20 years because of this economic crisis. If he was that smart he would have made gadzillions in the stock market already.

Who did that?

You can't get past the fact that Rush is usually correct.

If not his critics would succeed in pushing him off the airwaves.

He has not been correct in the past while spewing hate towards women and people of colors. :(

Did you even bother to read any of those?

That guy is on 5 days a week for hours and thats the best you can do?

Some blather from your mom, a hatesite, and an obvious mischaracterization of a "translation".

Hint: When someone like this says:"Let me translate it for you": They are about to tell you what they thought it means. That is an opinion. Not fact or news. Christ did you even watch the video or hear it on the radio. I took the time because you pointed me to that dumbaz site. He was even using some kind of acting heavy breather sotto voice during the "quote" from hell.

Jesus people. This is like when those guys attacked the comedy show guy for not giving them news. You know something is seriously unhinged about the media when you go to a comedy show expecting journalism. I guess it is true that journalism is so dead people are scouring for it anywhere. I cant believe you wasted my time making me read all that chit. I am done.

Last edited:
The Republican and Democratic party are exactly the same. Republicans are more like Democrats-light. They spend like crazy, have huge social spending, and don't care about a balanced budget.

And I'm not talking about the Libertarian party when I'm talking about libertarians.

I agree they are the same. We no longer have representation in Washington no matter which of our ridicules 2 party system is elected. Just look at the quality of the people who have run in the past 3 elections.

Sad part is I don't think it will ever change. Not in my lifetime anyway.

He has not been correct in the past while spewing hate towards women and people of colors. :(

I don't necessarily listen to Rush or care what he has to say but that is exaggerated dog stuff.

Please post some proof where he has disparaged women or minority's?

And I don't mean that stupid football quarterback incident.

I don't necessarily listen to Rush or care what he has to say but that is exaggerated dog stuff.

Please post some proof where he has disparaged women or minority's?

And I don't mean that stupid football quarterback incident.

Meh advocated freeing women from the tyranny of Islam and free minoritys from being locked into welfare by the democrats. Of course the opposite comes to light.

"(C)ompassion is defined not by how many people are on the government dole but by how many people no longer need government assistance." --

I'm a former Nation of Islam follower to a loyal Rush Limbaugh listener

"you just don't know how much you've been an influence in my life. I mean, me being a black American and me telling people that I listen to Rush Limbaugh, I get all kind of crazy looks and, you know, "What's wrong with this man?" but, Rush, I listen to what you say. I don't hear you. Most black Americans just hear you, and they don't listen. You know, that's the difference. People hear you, but they don't really listen. "

From homeless to business owner. Very nice.

Transcript by the way. Not a he said she said type of thing that has been so popular lately.

Did you even bother to read any of those?

That guy is on 5 days a week for hours and thats the best you can do?

Some blather from your mom, a hatesite, and an obvious mischaracterization of a "translation".

Wait a minute here. You asked for links to lies. I supplied them for you, taking about all of 2 minutes to supply 3 sources, and now somehow they are not good enough for you. If I wanted to spend time, I could find more, but why? You are going to nitpick, and condemn the source, and all the usual tactics.

Wait a minute here. You asked for links to lies. I supplied them for you, taking about all of 2 minutes to supply 3 sources, and now somehow they are not good enough for you. If I wanted to spend time, I could find more, but why? You are going to nitpick, and condemn the source, and all the usual tactics.

I took the strongest one and shredded it I will admit. The others were too easy. I did not bother with a nit to pick but stomped on it quite easily. You are right in that it is a waste of time albiet for different reasons that I might select..At the very least I hope some people learned what a real transcript is.

Last edited:
Who did that?

You can't get past the fact that Rush is usually correct.

If not his critics would succeed in pushing him off the airwaves.

Who's trying to push him off the airwaves. I think they should be amplified. Afterall, he is the voice of the GOP.

Back
Top Bottom