• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What is it with republicans passing laws most folks don't like?

Which is where the many other levers of minority rule get pulled. The big one lately is Trumpists claiming the election was rigged without evidence in order to convince the mobs to destroy the entire democratic system.

Trump and Trumpists are not the majority of republicants. The RNC would be stupid to nominate Trump in 2024.

Didn't like Joe either. I would prefer he step aside and gracefully support a younger candidate (not Kamala). But I'm obviously a minority in my party, so not optimistic.

Biden won simply by being the only viable not Trump. Had the DNC (and Clyburn) not intervened then nominating Bernie Sanders would have allowed Trump to remain POTUS.

Nope, he clearly said liberals, not Americans, would not like the laws.

Because few liberals will like what republicans and independents do.
Look at the post he was responding to, the op, it was asking why the GOP passes laws AMERICANS don't like (not liberals).

He said if the gop wins it will be a liberals worst nightmare.

Which implies that the liberals worst night mare would be a government that passes laws Americans don't like.

And the GiP will pass laws Americans don't like to piss off liberals.

Seems to be the gops new platform......policy is irrelevant as long as we own the libs.

The will of which people, bongsaway? Are the laws unpopular with a majority of citizens in the states where they were passed?
Oh please Felis, don't act like you think all state laws passed are wanted by the citizens.

He didn't say that at all. Is that your worst nightmare?
Try again.

Look at the post he was responding to, the op, it was asking why the GOP passes laws AMERICANS don't like (not liberals).

He said if the gop wins it will be a liberals worst nightmare.

Which implies that the liberals worst night mare would be a government that passes laws Americans don't like.

And the GiP will pass laws Americans don't like to piss off liberals.

Seems to be the gops new platform......policy is irrelevant as long as we own the libs.

Oh please Felis, don't act like you think all state laws passed are wanted by the citizens.

So you think the laws passed in red states aren't popular with the majority of the state citizens?

Thank you, I needed that. I'll be sure to pass on your suggestion to my other half who is sixty five and can't get pregnant anymore. Lol.

As to your first two questions, may I suggest watching the news, pbs or bbc since all the other left wing outlets are liars or you can watch fox where they are celebrating the 'wins' on abortion in several red states.
If you can read I said mistress/girlfriend/wife. I can't comment on your life style.
I knew you couldn't answer the questions.
I'll answer them for you.
Roe v Wade is still in play.
Yes you can get an abortion in any of the 50 states.

The majority of americans do not want Roe v Wade overturned and yet the gop is foaming at the mouth trying to get as many draconian abortion laws as possible passed, against the will of the people. Imagine what they will do if they get control of government again?
Fanatics don't care about anything but their fanaticism.

Oh, don't I know it. I am a conservative living in California. I often feel as I imagine you feel as a progressive living in Florida. But I am not going to pretend that the laws that are passed in my state whether by legislation or referendum are not wanted either explicitly or implicitly by a majority of our citizens.

Yes. If the GOP gains control of the government again, it'll be a liberal's worst nightmare.

Sweet dreams in November.

You've been threatening us with Republicans winning and stealing elections quite a bit, lately.

Its called majority rule. Our forefathers ****ed up and gave too much power to low population areas. As a result we often have deplorable rule.

Yeah, "Oops, we gave our minority undue power for centuries." I'm not just talking about horribly unequal people powers of the Electoral College and Senate.

The majority of americans do not want Roe v Wade overturned and yet the gop is foaming at the mouth trying to get as many draconian abortion laws as possible passed, against the will of the people. Imagine what they will do if they get control of government again?
The Trump Party repugs like the laws, they don't give a crap about any other Americans, they hate America and shit on our democracy.

We will see who was right in a few months.

The key word was 'threatening.' He likes to threaten people with Republican rule. He's old Bible school.

What's going to make it horrible is all the things the gop is currently bitching about, which is basically everything, they'll do nothing about. I want to see the gop's fix for our 'open' borders for openers.
They have no fix, just racism and hatred, enough to feed their base of deplorables.

Trump and Trumpists are not the majority of republicants. The RNC would be stupid to nominate Trump in 2024.
I recognize the distinction. That said, the distinction will degrade the longer Republicans continue to grovel to Trumpists. If they nominate him again, I'd say that is the time to admit there is no difference.
Biden won simply by being the only viable not Trump. Had the DNC (and Clyburn) not intervened then nominating Bernie Sanders would have allowed Trump to remain POTUS.
There were plenty of other viable not-Trumps in the primary. Biden won because he had name recognition, and too many people think name recognition is the only factor that matters for viability.

I recognize the distinction. That said, the distinction will degrade the longer Republicans continue to grovel to Trumpists. If they nominate him again, I'd say that is the time to admit there is no difference.

I agree, but cant see how Trump still has any appeal.

There were plenty of other viable not-Trumps in the primary. Biden won because he had name recognition, and too many people think name recognition is the only factor that matters for viability.

??? I was talking about the DNC primary.

??? I was talking about the DNC primary.
So was I? There were plenty of viable candidates in the DNC primary, but Biden won because of name recognition in my opinion.

Like it's Republicans worst nightmare after Democrats whipped the shit out of Trump and took the House and Senate?

This November will be buyers remorse, big time.

aThe majority of americans do not want Roe v Wade overturned and yet the gop is foaming at the mouth trying to get as many draconian abortion laws as possible passed, against the will of the people. Imagine what they will do if they get control of government again?n't
IF "a majority of Americans" really don't hat R v W overturned. all the have to do is elect democrats. Doesn't appear they're gonna do that.

So was I? There were plenty of viable candidates in the DNC primary, but Biden won because of name recognition in my opinion.

Name the best two of them (who actually ran, excluding Biden).

Last edited:
He won because he was a life long moderate.

You've been threatening us with Republicans winning and stealing elections quite a bit, lately.
No. I haven't. Having said that, we are finding out that there has been stealing elections and winning for quite some time...decades...and it has been done by both Dems and Reps.

I prefer that stuff to end.

Wha?

The people elected these representatives to pass such laws. Else they'd get voted out. If they get control of the federal government, they might pass anti-abortion legislation.

That Republicans are anti abortion should come as no surprise to the people.

No. I haven't. Having said that, we are finding out that there has been stealing elections and winning for quite some time...decades...and it has been done by both Dems and Reps.

I prefer that stuff to end.

I'm not aware of Democrats using Interstate Crosscheck to purge voter rolls in some Republican states (under the bogus notion that A LOT of people with non-matching names and such vote in two states), therefore very likely stealing the election for the candidate they didn't used to like very much.

Back
Top Bottom