• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What is it with republicans passing laws most folks don't like?

Yes. If the GOP gains control of the government again, it'll be a liberal's worst nightmare.

Sweet dreams in November.
So you are saying they will pass more laws Americans don't like?

Why?

This should be great news for demorats. Of course, you must doubt that this is actually “against the will of the people” or you would not think it would be possible for republicants to “get control of government again”.

How, exactly, do you see it as possible for the republicants to gain (or even keep) power (aka control of the government) if they are passing laws which are against the will of the people?
OOps, too much liberal kool aid being drunk. The democrats just can't think with any common sense. IF the nation doesn't want it to end they would not elect republicans. Let's see how the midterms go first and then the 2024 President election.

This is why it was so important for the Republican Party to get conservatives on the SC.

Pass laws knowing the SC will likely not rule against them…

The majority of americans do not want Roe v Wade overturned and yet the gop is foaming at the mouth trying to get as many draconian abortion laws as possible passed, against the will of the people. Imagine what they will do if they get control of government again?

The will of which people, bongsaway? Are the laws unpopular with a majority of citizens in the states where they were passed?

Like conservative women don't get abortions...

f'ing laughable
Then why do they leave their liberal utopias, and move to conservative ones? Smarter management....

OK, but US Senate and POTUS elections are not impacted by gerrymandering.
True, but you asked about "control of government". The US house and state legislatures are an important part of that government, and are heavily impacted by redistricting.

Hot tip - do not run Hillary again.
You don't need to tell me. She wouldn't have gotten anywhere near the nomination if I was king of the Democrats.

The biggest problem with abortion (legally) is that is not legislated at the Federal level. If people truly wanted states to not be able to pass their own abortion laws, the Federal government should explicitly pass laws regarding abortion. If the majority of Americans truly do not want Roe v Wade overturned, they need to elect politicians at the state level that agree with them and elect politicians at the national level that are willing to legislate that. If that is not happening, there is not as much support as one might think...

The reason this has been handed to the courts is due to the unwillingness to write legislation and then fight to get it passed. Pro-life politicians are actually doing that work at the state level and seeing success. Pro-choice politicians appear willing to simply call for more power (elect more of us) to make court appointments on this issue rather than legislate on this issue. Rather than state governments like California refusing to let state workers travel to certain states or having the MLB move games, they should pass laws if they believe they have the support of their constituents. In the absence of that, pro-lifers are filling the gap.

Exactly. The American people through their representatives in Congress had the national debate on racial oppression and decided not to leave it to the individual states to determine whether or not the states could pass laws on racial segregation and poll taxes. They stated in no uncertain terms that Americans should not be treated as second-class citizens in some states, and passed the Civil Rights Act. We did not depend on the Supreme Court to do so.

True, but you asked about "control of government". The US house and state legislatures are an important part of that government, and are heavily impacted by redistricting.

You don't need to tell me. She wouldn't have gotten anywhere near the nomination if I was king of the Democrats.
Ah, but she did, and THAT is why we got Trump.

Thank the Democraps.
I blame my fellow Democrats for nominating a lesser evil. I blame the Republicans for digging up an even greater evil and scaring everyone into voting for him. And for covering up his disasters for 4 long years

True, yet it’s hard to get a republicant veto-proof majority with a demorat governor or POTUS.

Yep, but they elected Joe “Where am I?” Biden instead. Biden says that he will run again in 2024, but I suspect he will have DNC primary competition.

We are trying to get liberals to stop moving here.
Conservatives from california are moving to more purple areas too :/

The majority of americans do not want Roe v Wade overturned and yet the gop is foaming at the mouth trying to get as many draconian abortion laws as possible passed, against the will of the people. Imagine what they will do if they get control of government again?
You are not a spokesman for what most folks like or don't like.

I blame my fellow Democrats for nominating a lesser evil. I blame the Republicans for digging up an even greater evil and scaring everyone into voting for him. And for covering up his disasters for 4 long years
Isn't it nice to be able to have your own opinions?

True, yet it’s hard to get a republicant veto-proof majority with a demorat governor or POTUS.
Which is where the many other levers of minority rule get pulled. The big one lately is Trumpists claiming the election was rigged without evidence in order to convince the mobs to destroy the entire democratic system.
Yep, but they elected Joe “Where am I?” Biden instead. Biden says that he will run again in 2024, but I suspect he will have DNC primary competition.
Didn't like Joe either. I would prefer he step aside and gracefully support a younger candidate (not Kamala). But I'm obviously a minority in my party, so not optimistic.

Do you have a link showing Roe v. Wade was overturned?
Do you have a link showing a women can't get an abortion in any of the 50 states?

My recommendation is vote with your feet. Move to California or New York. I'm sure your mistress/girlfriend/wife can get an abortion within days of her due date in the blue states.
Thank you, I needed that. I'll be sure to pass on your suggestion to my other half who is sixty five and can't get pregnant anymore. Lol.

As to your first two questions, may I suggest watching the news, pbs or bbc since all the other left wing outlets are liars or you can watch fox where they are celebrating the 'wins' on abortion in several red states.

shrug...all they have to do is resume everything Trump had going.
Uh huh, that went over so well it got him one term and his belligerent mouth lost the gop the house and then the senate after he lost the white house. Tired of winning yet?

Thank you, I needed that. I'll be sure to pass on your suggestion to my other half who is sixty five and can't get pregnant anymore. Lol.

As to your first two questions, may I suggest watching the news, pbs or bbc since all the other left wing outlets are liars or you can watch fox where they are celebrating the 'wins' on abortion in several red states.

Do you think the majority of people in those red states don't want the new abortion laws?

From the piss-poor liberal run states (close to ALL of them), of course.
Ok sarah palin, all of them. You funny. Google can show you which states are poorly run if you so wish. Or is google also another left wing rag that lies to help the dems?

Back
Top Bottom