• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What is a man? A response to Gillette

The ad is not the problem. Its just a symptom of a much bigger problem.

I understand that some folks bemoan the fact that white males don't exclusively rule to roost anymore, and consider that a major problem. I don't consider it a problem. To each their own.

All of this ridiculousness because one of the leading democrat donors was finally exposed, and numerous other leftist actors and producers and TV personalities got called out for their instances of sexual harassment assault, and rape.

Masculinity didnt create a generation of XY Chromosome formed individuals to be too ****ed up to know that they are men. Masculinity didnt create a generation that is so ****ed up that they have to have 103 different gender categories to try to find a way to not loathe themselves enough that they wont hurt themselves. Masculinity didnt create a society where 70% of Americans are on some form of medication and nearly 20% of all adults are on psychiatric meds.

If you want to see the root of the problem, look to the ****heads that are peddling the toxic masculinity bull**** in the first place. EXTREME liberals and leftists are the problem and most of the **** that infects society is spread by them. Look at the music across the spectrum...and its nothing new. TV shows...movies...marketing...media...magazines...

You have a problem. Its not 'men' and certainly not 'masculinity'.

:cheers:
IME, you know why this anti-Gillette ad works? More carrot, less stick.

I understand that some folks bemoan the fact that white males don't exclusively rule to roost anymore, and consider that a major problem. I don't consider it a problem. To each their own.

How ****ing stupid and childish do you want to make your arguments? The fact that you impose the term 'white' male says anything anyone will ever need to know about you.

Buh bye.

The ad is not the problem. Its just a symptom of a much bigger problem.

Masculinity being sacrificed at the altar of progressivism.

I found it insulting that someone at Gillette thought that I needed to see their message. I'm sure most men feel the same way.

It seems like a funny way to sell razors. Perhaps they forgot what their business is.

I'm going back to double edged safety razors. Merkur Futur safety razors from Germany are 100% machined stainless steel, fully adjustable, and will last you a lifetime, available from Amazon.com. Feather brand blades from Japan are the best, also available from Amazon. You can get enough blades to last more than a year for what a month's worth of Gillette razors cost. If you don't want to deal with a brush and soap then Barbasol shaving cream is really good and cheap.

Not a boycott so much as me just being shocked into looking at the alternatives and finding that I've been over-charged for shaving products all my life.

"This commercial did not address me specifically, so I'm really mad about it!"

:cheers:
IME, you know why this anti-Gillette ad works? More carrot, less stick.
I just dont think we need a world of idiots preaching this virtue signaling bull****. Life isnt perfect SOme men are assholes. Guess what...some women are too. And every day we work to be a little better.

But I fully endorse every man that wants to still buy Gillete proiducts. I'm sure their male partners will appreciate their manscaping efforts.

Beautiful. True. Moving. Thank you, Egard Watch Company.

Watch this.

The level of trigger that innocuous commercial created is truly astounding. Men are such ******s.

I just dont think we need a world of idiots preaching this virtue signaling bull****. Life isnt perfect SOme men are assholes. Guess what...some women are too. And every day we work to be a little better.

But I fully endorse every man that wants to still buy Gillete proiducts. I'm sure their male partners will appreciate their manscaping efforts.

Some of those assholes need reminders that they're assholes, sorry this bothers you. Wait, why does calling out assholes bother... you?

Some of those assholes need reminders that they'r assholes, sorry this bothers you. Wait, why does calling out assholes bother... you?

Correct...on all fronts.

"Feminism" has become oppositional in nature. It's become a culture of blaming, shaming and victimhood. As with the Women's March, it's also anything but inclusive.

"Feminism" has become oppositional in nature. It's become a culture of blaming, shaming and victimhood. As with the Women's March, it's also anything but inclusive.

What part of this thread has anything to do with feminism?

"Don't be an asshole, guys" gets you this triggered? You're probably part of the ****in problem.

Some of those assholes need reminders that they're assholes, sorry this bothers you. Wait, why does calling out assholes bother... you?

It seems that those who are triggered by this ad don't like to be reminded.

It's so stupid, because Gillette ad never said men weren't any of those things,. They didn't say anything about all men. They said things about how women are treated. And women are still treated like **** in large numbers. There is no denying that.

the only people that are upset about this are the mysogynist pigs that want to rape women, beat women, abuse women, treat them like ****, use them, pay them less, and not respect them in the workplace. Because that's what the ad was about, a message for the men that treat women this way. There is no denying that this is still a problem and still occurs systematically, even in 2019

Man people are such assholes

See mirror.

Last edited:
What part of this thread has anything to do with feminism?

"Don't be an asshole, guys" gets you this triggered? You're probably part of the ****in problem.

Use your words, duecey. Asterisks aren't words.
Now, go do better!

Why is this in the political forum? OOOhhh, because crazy.

Focused on the important national political issues I see. Culture and gender wars nonsense still polling well with Trump's base?

Please. The race/culture/gender wars are THE ideological base of the New Left. You can't spin this onto Republicans.

Please. The race/culture/gender wars are THE ideological base of the New Left. You can't spin this onto Republicans.

Mexico pay for your wall yet?

Republicans are the ones whining about assholes being called assholes. So yeah, I think we can.

So am I the oddball for liking BOTH videos? People need to stop being offended by every damn thing.

Being ruffled by the Gillette ad is a little understandable, as the it did come off as an indictment of men in general.

As it is, there is a lot of victim-vs.-oppressor rhetoric in politic, academia, and the media. People are divided into groups, one is generalized as a bad, privileged oppressor, and others are characterized as an oppressed victim who is fighting back. That is the narrative that is repeated over and over. Some people are tiring of this narrative and do not believe it is helping. And no, that doesn’t make those people therefore racist/sexist/part of the problem.

Last edited:
Republicans are the ones whining about assholes being called assholes. So yeah, I think we can.

You can try, but you’ll look like a moron. Class/culture/race/sex battles are the cornerstone of progressive politics.

I'm willing to bet the people being triggered by this ad were the same ones who were triggered by Kaepernick's Nike ad.

You can try, but you’ll look like a moron. Class/culture/race/sex battles are the cornerstone of progressive politics.

And, being an asshole is the cornerstone of conservatism.

Ive already expressed why this is a problem...do you still have trouble reading.

And if it is your implication that I am an asshole...I think we have cleared that up. Im not an asshole...Im a son of a bitch. Theres a difference.

Back
Top Bottom