• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What if we ran the government?

The trouble is that what they call lobbying, most people call bribery.

Then most people are wrong. Lobbying, which derives from folks hanging out in the lobby of the Capitol wishing to cajole or perhaps inform member(s) of Congress, is merely having a specific policy change request. Contributions are separate, and any of us can contribute to campaigns. (I do.)

You also have no special interest groups backing you, which is why you can't get elected.

As soon as he stated his positions, special interests would enter the picture.

That ship has sailed. Pandora's Box, dude.

Pandora's Box came about when the federal government began gaining and gaining more and more power and the people not stopping it. It's time to face the music, this country is finished. I don't recognize it now from the country I was raised in.

Pandora's Box came about when the federal government began gaining and gaining more and more power and the people not stopping it. It's time to face the music, this country is finished. I don't recognize it now from the country I was raised in.
I wouldn't head for the hills just yet. You've weathered far worse than a bloated administration. Government does its thing. It keeps pushing until it's brought to heel.

You also have no special interest groups backing you, which is why you can't get elected.

But what would you do? "Small government!" makes a good catchphrase. As does "this great nation" and other feel-good statements. "Back to the constitution" doesn't mean anything. You need to be specific. See, there is no singular "correct" way to read the constitution. For all I know, you mean you want to disband the USAF because it's not listed under Congress' enumerated powers.

Your quote is exactly the problem. no correct way to read the Constitution? How about read it as written. The English language is really pretty simple. Like "shall not be infringed" means SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED. People convinced that the Constitution is a "living document" in another big problem. Seem like the things that was this country for hundreds of years is not called BROKEN. Everything the Obama crew doesn't like is defined as being BROKEN. They aren't broken, they are just not liked by the people in power. The federal government as regulated the United States into "cannot be fixed". When the supreme court finds that it is legal for the federal government to force you to buy something "health care" then we should all see that the country is finished. Looks like the politicians won't be happy until they cause the countrymen to go into total revolution.

Back
Top Bottom