• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

What if Trayvon..............

CRUE CAB

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Had kept his nose clean, did his school work, not got suspended and never left south Florida.
What if Zimmerman had not had a napoleon complex exasperated by a wanna be cop complex.
And they both had used cooler heads and just ignored each other.
You know, as long as we are playing what if games.

Had kept his nose clean, did his school work, not got suspended and never left south Florida.
What if Zimmerman had not had a napoleon complex exasperated by a wanna be cop complex.

Don't forget if Martin hadn't been a pot head.

Ok, what if Trayvon and had said, excuse me sir why are you following me, and then said I'm heading to my dad's girl friends house can you help me find it?

Instead of punching Zimmerman in the nose and jump on top of him?

I dare say we'd never have heard their names.

Ok, what if Trayvon and had said, excuse me sir why are you following me, and then said I'm heading to my dad's girl friends house can you help me find it?

So true. But he was a little punk who was routinely up to no good.

Pretty much says it all to me. Nothing Zimmerman, had done up to that point should have got him assaulted.

I have one question though, a little off topic but...

If Martin who had a cell phone was so concerned about the "creepy ass cracker." Why didn't he just call 911 instead of attacking Z?

Pretty much says it all to me. Nothing Zimmerman, had done up to that point should have got him assaulted.

If Martin who had a cell phone was so concerned about the "creepy ass cracker." Why didn't he just call 911 instead of attacking Z?

Because he's black. We had testimony that, if not explicitly, at least implied that blacks don't call the cops because cops hate black people. Isn't that in the handbook they give you?;)

Because he's black. We had testimony that, if not explicitly, at least implied that blacks don't call the cops because cops hate black people. Isn't that in the handbook they give you?;)

Well to be honest I don't like to call cops either. Not because of my race, but because in the last 10 years or so they have truly gotten out of control. It was not this bad when I was an officer. Or maybe it's just that we have so much information on police abuses that get covered up or get protection from the courts. Either way I don't trust them so much anymore. This however would not stop me from calling them if I suspected someone was following me. If for no other reason to have a report in case something does happen.

In all honesty being 17 and black is not an excuse, but it does make sense. I don't think when I was 17 on the south side of Chicago, I would call the police.

I think a more relevant fact is TM was a teenager. In between an adult and a kid. He thought "I cant take this pudgy old guy, no problem" and he was right. Unfortunately, because he was still a kid he didn't have the wisdom to realize some people carry guns and don't like being beat on.

Well to be honest I don't like to call cops either. Not because of my race, but because in the last 10 years or so they have truly gotten out of control. It was not this bad when I was an officer. Or maybe it's just that we have so much information on police abuses that get covered up or get protection from the courts. Either way I don't trust them so much anymore. This however would not stop me from calling them if I suspected someone was following me. If for no other reason to have a report in case something does happen.

In all honesty being 17 and black is not an excuse, but it does make sense. I don't think when I was 17 on the south side of Chicago, I would call the police.

As a white 17yo in NY I wouldn't have either but that would have been, at least in part, that cell phones were still a decade or so away. Of course I also had enough sense not to confront a weirdo that I could have easily avoided.

I think a more relevant fact is TM was a teenager. In between an adult and a kid. He thought "I cant take this pudgy old guy, no problem" and he was right. Unfortunately, because he was still a kid he didn't have the wisdom to realize some people carry guns and don't like being beat on.

More precisely, TM was a black teenager whose parents didn't teach him worth a **** that being a hoodlum will only get you into trouble.

More precisely, TM was a black teenager whose parents didn't teach him worth a **** that being a hoodlum will only get you into trouble.

If the text messages had been allowed they would have showed that even his friends (some of them) were advising him to stop fighting and get his act together so he didn't get suspended again. The sad part of all this is that it seems that Trayvon had a decent circle of people around him who were willing to help him out and looked out for his interests but, like so many other teens, he was more interested in the ones who weren't going to be as helpful.

And what if I looked like Brad Pitt? I would have stuck with Jennifer Aniston, damn.

And what if I looked like Brad Pitt? I would have stuck with Jennifer Aniston, damn.
Oh, hell yea. But I have always said he is just white trash.
Jolie is one of them types, you wrap it twice, get done, leave and hope nothing starts itching later on.
Aniston, you take home to mom and start making babies.

As a white 17yo in NY I wouldn't have either but that would have been, at least in part, that cell phones were still a decade or so away. Of course I also had enough sense not to confront a weirdo that I could have easily avoided.

I hear you, it is amazing how much wisdom you gain as you get older. Well some people anyway, lol.

Because he wanted to mess with and play hot shot for DeeDee , his friend on the phone. That is why the phone went dead, and she started fixing her hair........Oh....after she was done with her hair she decided to call TM back (surely to find out how he did messing this this creepy ass cracker) NOT from concern for him.

What if Z on his fist "drive by" of TM had rolled down his window and said "Hi, I'm George and I'm with neighborhood Watch. You look like you're lost, can I offer assistance or maybe even give you a ride"?

What if Z on his fist "drive by" of TM had rolled down his window and said "Hi, I'm George and I'm with neighborhood Watch. You look like you're lost, can I offer assistance or maybe even give you a ride"?
NW is not supposed to make contact with the suspicious person.

Because he wanted to mess with and play hot shot for DeeDee , his friend on the phone. That is why the phone went dead, and she started fixing her hair........Oh....after she was done with her hair she decided to call TM back (surely to find out how he did messing this this creepy ass cracker) NOT from concern for him.

I can see that as well. 17 year old's are not exactly known for being wise (on average) in most situations.

Hey since we are playing what if? What if Martin, went back and said "hey man, why are you following me?" or something civil.

Hey since we are playing what if? What if Martin, went back and said "hey man, why are you following me?" or something civil.

I believe that's exactly what he did.

I believe that's exactly what he did.

Really? Please point out what evidence says this? The evidence that I have seen and followed in the trial says Martin walked up to him and said "Are you looking for trouble?" To which Zimmerman replied "no" and reached for his phone. Martin then said "well you found it." At which point Martin punched him knocking him to the ground.

Now please point to the evidence that contradicts this?

Hup, wait, hold on. You tryin' to bring in some common sense into this here discussion about Trayvon and Zimm? You out yo mind?

Really? Please point out what evidence says this? The evidence that I have seen and followed in the trial says Martin walked up to him and said "Are you looking for trouble?" To which Zimmerman replied "no" and reached for his phone. Martin then said "well you found it." At which point Martin punched him knocking him to the ground.

Now please point to the evidence that contradicts this?

I'm not sure what trial you are watching.

There was only one live witness who testified about what was said and that relfected;

"Why you following me for?"

"What are you doing around here?"

Last edited:

I think it had more to do with the fact he had the in his system making him paranoid which lead to him see a danger where there was none and fear calling the cops.

Either man could likely have avoided this situation by applying a little common sense and self-restraint to their actions that night, but neither did. :shrug:

Primary blame, though, has to go to the person who initiated the physical combat... which available evidence indicates was TM. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom