• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What happens to all the AR-15s out there now when they're banned?[W:11]

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
I think the AR-15 WILL be banned eventually across the board --- so what happens to all of the AR-15s out there right now which were purchased legally?

Re: What happens to all the AR-15s out there now when they're banned?

I think the AR-15 WILL be banned eventually across the board --- so what happens to all of the AR-15s out there right now which were purchased legally?
The federal government collects them and penalizes anyone for having one...for having one sitting on their table, for example.

Their prices will go way up benefiting all those gun owners who now own them. Last time this happened (Clinton) I owned 2 AKs and a case of ammo. I dont remember the exact numbers but I probably made 10-20x profit.

The same thing that happened under the last "AR" ban - they are grandfathered and their value goes up. ;)

They ban the sale of new AR-15s, but they will not pick up the ones already out there.
The last gun sale ban was silly, banning guns based on how they looked.

What exactly do you think they will ban?

Does this constitute an "AR-15"?

m&p15-22-811033-rimfire.jpg

Banners will not win..

I don't think that happens. The Heller decision would have to be reversed and that would be tough on the Democrat party. You cannot ban an AR 15 without banning millions of other rifles that work the same including the over 2 million MI carbines that our own government distributed to civilians through the now privatized agency called the Department of civilian marksmanship

The Miller decision would also have to be overturned.

all that being said, its a smart idea to buy a few of them or if money is a problem, buy the lower receiver (about 60 bucks if you know where to buy) which is the part that you have to buy though a shop normally since it is the part that has the serial number. If you have one, and the ban is passed, you can then build one up

God Help the USA if the government tries to confiscate ones already owned.

Personally I don't believe AR-15s will be banned.
California can't do it but they did impose some totally idiotic and useless regulations on the cosmetic components.

Plus the fact more and more average Americans are getting a little more educated on them.
The left can't continue hoodwinking everyone about this issue!

Here's what the family of the inventor of the AR-15 had to say:

"Our father, Eugene Stoner, designed the AR-15 and subsequent M-16 as a military weapon to give our soldiers an advantage over the AK-47," the Stoner family told NBC News late Wednesday. "He died long before any mass shootings occurred. But, we do think he would have been horrified and sickened as anyone, if not more by these events."

The bullets that tore through the Pulse nightclub in Orlando were Stoner's .223 rounds, fired from a AR-15 spin off made by Sig Sauer.

In all, an AR-15 style rifle has been used in at least 10 recent mass shootings — including at an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut, a movie theater in Aurora, Colorado, and a work party in San Bernardino, California.

"What has happened, good or bad, since his patents have expired is a result of our free market system," Stoner's family said. "Currently, a more interesting question is 'Who now is benefiting from the manufacturing and sales of AR-15s, and for what uses?'"

Who indeed? Read my signature below.

Moderator's Warning:
Let's try to keep the thread on topic shall we? This thread is not about what the AR15 is/is not or gun regulations. It's a thread asking about what would happen with all the AR15's out there if the government DID ban them.

"Our father, Eugene Stoner, designed the AR-15 and subsequent M-16 as a military weapon to give our soldiers an advantage over the AK-47," the Stoner family told NBC News late Wednesday. "He died long before any mass shootings occurred. But, we do think he would have been horrified and sickened as anyone, if not more by these events."

The bullets that tore through the Pulse nightclub in Orlando were Stoner's .223 rounds, fired from a AR-15 spin off made by Sig Sauer.

In all, an AR-15 style rifle has been used in at least 10 recent mass shootings — including at an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut, a movie theater in Aurora, Colorado, and a work party in San Bernardino, California.

"What has happened, good or bad, since his patents have expired is a result of our free market system," Stoner's family said. "Currently, a more interesting question is 'Who now is benefiting from the manufacturing and sales of AR-15s, and for what uses?'"

So what's your answer to MY question?

Grandfathered.

Or, the BATFE decides to come after every registered one and execute no-knock warrants against innocent families.

You do the math.

PS - A ban will never happen, BTW.

So what's your answer to MY question?

He wants the ban to happen and all the rifles confiscated. I suspect some owners wouldn't mind a ban since their property would go way up in value. I bought 6 NORINCO AK 223 rifles in 93 figuring the clinton idiocy would happen. I merely paid for them and they stayed at my friend's gun shop. I think it was under 1000 for 6. The ban went through and we sat on them for a bit and even with his 15% commission we agreed to, I made several thousand dollars. People are buying the two things you need to avoid a ban-lower receivers and magazines now

Grandfathered.

Or, the BATFE decides to come after every registered one and execute no-knock warrants against innocent families.

You do the math.

PS - A ban will never happen, BTW.

they would have to go to each gun store and go through all the 4473s which is BANNED by federal law.

Oh so your signature isn't sarcasm this week? Can you publish a calendar of when your sig line is sarcasm or serious so everyone else knows?

As it turns out, when people buy your product though, you do benefit financially, turns out that is how business works. Although the vast majority of the market for AR-15 rifles, accessories, and services are small business and not the traditional corporate companies

I don't think it will at all.
But since you think it will how will they ban it? by exact name, AR15? by some made up term that doesn't have a definition like assault weapon and will they define which would ban like millions rifles?

As for your question, I have no idea, I dont think it will ever happen but if it does what "could" they do . . they definitely arent going door to door etc. Maybe some type of turn in program and hope for the best?

He wants the ban to happen and all the rifles confiscated. I suspect some owners wouldn't mind a ban since their property would go way up in value. I bought 6 NORINCO AK 223 rifles in 93 figuring the clinton idiocy would happen. I merely paid for them and they stayed at my friend's gun shop. I think it was under 1000 for 6. The ban went through and we sat on them for a bit and even with his 15% commission we agreed to, I made several thousand dollars. People are buying the two things you need to avoid a ban-lower receivers and magazines now

Like I trust the Feds to follow any law.

Some people hold them and still use them at gun clubs and some will sell for high profits on the black market. Sometimes it makes it more dangerous because at least while they are legal, there are some background checks, when illegal there is nothing from stopping someone from selling it for needed cash.

What will happen is:

The bad guys will figure that there are many other options for killing that are far more deadly than the AR-15

That makes Stoners family very ignorant - their statement is them covering their own asses, nothing more.

It carries no weight.

In addition to other weapons I have 3 Ruger Ranch Rifles. Luckily, they are hunting rifles and not assault rifles.

wm_7049880.jpg

Harmless little Ranch Rifle.

The assault rifle ban was stupid in the 90s. It did absolutely nothing. Hell...they were still selling pre-ban weapons and magazines even after the ban expired. The only thing that happened was they ended up costing a little more. And I agree with Turtle. If they try to impose a ban and to seize weapons...God help us all.

That makes Stoners family very ignorant - their statement is them covering their own asses, nothing more.

It carries no weight.

Yeah, since when would family members have a clue as to what their own family member would have thought?

Oh so your signature isn't sarcasm this week? Can you publish a calendar of when your sig line is sarcasm or serious so everyone else knows?

As it turns out, when people buy your product though, you do benefit financially, turns out that is how business works. Although the vast majority of the market for AR-15 rifles, accessories, and services are small business and not the traditional corporate companies

In other words, dollars above lives.

Back
Top Bottom