• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What happens after the SC overturns Roe v Wade

I have lived in South Carolina I never seen any tent cities, drove through 3rd world Mississippi no tent cities just run down shacks
I suppose you never got lost in some neighborhood because the GPS just didn't come in. We were looking to buy a home in the area of TN, Al and MS, took our time, explored, and let me tell you, we came through some rough areas that mirrored these tent cities just fine. Of course, instead of tents we saw old, run down single wides, trash, kids, dogs and poop in the yard. Of course one doesn't call these folks homeless per se, but lets be honest, the south isn't as pretty as some think it is.

Just your opinion 150 million plus Americans consider it murder

Yet not logically so. The determination of when life begins is completely arbitrary. Its a social construction, like race. Just as what constitutes being a black person used to vary from state to state, what constitutes life varies from state to state because its all just made up.

I suppose you never got lost in some neighborhood because the GPS just didn't come in. We were looking to buy a home in the area of TN, Al and MS, took our time, explored, and let me tell you, we came through some rough areas that mirrored these tent cities just fine. Of course, instead of tents we saw old, run down single wides, trash, kids, dogs and poop in the yard. Of course one doesn't call these folks homeless per se, but lets be honest, the south isn't as pretty as some think it is.
Uhm that's what I said

Yet not logically so. The determination of when life begins is completely arbitrary. Its a social construction, like race. Just as what constitutes being a black person used to vary from state to state, what constitutes life varies from state to state because its all just made up.
Everything is made up language even math,do a calculus problem right to left you will get a different answer

1653397660707.png

Most of the States who are banning or seriously restricting abortions are also making illegal to assist someone in any way who is seeking an abortion.

It was a tongue-in-cheek post. But that aside, there are ways around such things.

Everything is made up language even math,do a calculus problem right to left you will get a different answer

View attachment 67392544

Yet the right to control one's own body is a fundamental right beyond arbitrary opinion. What rights do we truly have if we don't have the right to control our own bodies?

"In terms of the political theory involved, the basic question is a stark and simple one: if you cannot control your own body, what other rights can you possibly have? If your body is not yours, what does it matter if you can freely express your political and religious convictions? The principle involved is similarly simple: as long as you are not violating anyone else's rights, your right to control your own body is absolute. Period. For the reason indicated above, the fetus is not a person in the same sense the mother is: the fetus would not exist but for the woman who carries it. The woman's right to her own body must, in fact and in logic, take precedence over whatever rights you believe the fetus possesses, up to the time of birth."

Link

Most get married and do the right thing
That's a good point. I didn't grow up with any guys in the South that were horn dogs.

It's probably because they just don't have enough testosterone.

The numbers of children living in poverty will grow exponentially, maternal deaths will grow, children in foster care will grow. These poor States already have issues like this but it will only get worse because they haven't the means to help these children. It sickens me how much they care about the unborn child but don't give a damn about the children once they are born.
I would to add as the numbers of Foster children grow, the numbers of convicted felons will also grown.

Society will pay dearly for forching unwanted children on young women and girls who never wanted them .

We went through this before Roe and the crimes were very high.

18 to 20 years after Roe the numbers off serious crime fell greatly.

But many legislators and the religious right ( including the religious right Justices) people fail to learn the lessons of the past.

I have lived in South Carolina I never seen any tent cities, drove through 3rd world Mississippi no tent cities just run down shacks
So you think run down shacks are better than new tents?

LoL 😂

Facts :

• Black children are overrepresented in foster care. In 20 states, the percent of the foster care population that is Black is two or more times the percent of the overall child population that is Black .

• In 2018, 125,422 children in foster care were waiting to be adopted.7 Children under 6 comprised more than 41 percent of all children in foster care and more than 44 percent of all children in foster care waiting to be adopted. Twenty-six percent of children waiting to be adopted entered foster care before they were one year old.

• Federal law requires children in foster care be placed in the most appropriate family-like settings, but far too often children are inappropriately placed in non-family settings. Nationally, 12 percent of children in foster care are in congregate care such as group homes or institutions;

• in certain states, up to 28 percent of children are in congregate care.

Last edited:
I would to add as the numbers of Foster children grow, the numbers of convicted felons will also grown.

Society will pay dearly for forching unwanted children on young women and girls who never wanted them .

But many legislators and the religious right ( including the religious right Justices) people fail to learn the lessons of the past.

Unplanned and unwanted children especially those in the foster system suffer from a reduction or delay of social and intellectual developmental milestones. What happens to a state when you increase the population that is less intellectually able, does poorly in school, less well socialized and are less able as adults.

So many unintended consequences!

I heard the man who did the studies on crime pre and post Roe on TV not that long ago. He was fascinating to listen to, it makes perfect sense that unwanted, unloved children were more likely to turn to crime.

I heard the man who did the studies on crime pre and post Roe on TV not that long ago. He was fascinating to listen to, it makes perfect sense that unwanted, unloved children were more likely to turn to crime.
I bet he was very interesting.

Here is a song that I use to listen to lot. It helps us understand the desperate times the poor families went through before Roe.

Assume that the SC returns the abortion decision to the states. It seems safe to assume that conservative states will pass laws defining the fertilized egg to be a human being, make abortion manslaughter, ban abortion and install assorted punishments for getting or giving an illegal abortion. All actions have unintended consequences. List and discuss some of those unintended consequences that will happen in those states that ban abortion.
Abortion will immediately be illegal in half of the US.

The democrat federal welfare laws still apply
The red state's all rejected the medicare expansion. You really should do some research, my friend.

Abortions will continue in those states.

More than likely they will not be safe ones…
Yes the redstates will now on be referred to as the "coat hanger " states.

Chartered buses will be used to transport women to an abortion friendly state where the procedure can be obtained. For a fee, the bus will take individuals to a clinic, set up the procedure, and after the procedure put the woman up for a night, then transport them back. All meals included. Complete concierge service. Financing available for approved credit.

As a consequence, abortion clinics will begin to crop up on state lines. The service will be called "Baptist Tours" on Urban Dictionary.
The Red states will come up with a way to imprison women who attempt to depart the state for abortion.

Most of the States who are banning or seriously restricting abortions are also making illegal to assist someone in any way who is seeking an abortion.
Agreed.

Abortion will immediately be illegal in half of the US.
There are some, let's call them naive, conservative posters on the forum who think the States with trigger laws and old laws on the books will rethink them if Roe is overturned. Meanwhile, several States are confirming them or making them even tougher. They will never "rethink" them and they will never expand help to the women they force to carry unwanted pregnancies to term. It is unbelievable that this happening in 2022 in the US ofA

The red state's all rejected the medicare expansion. You really should do some research, my friend.
They knew the federal government was only going to pay for so long and the rest would be up to them

Back
Top Bottom