• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What do you think of Trump’s bloodbath comment?

What do you think of Trump’s bloodbath comment?

• Total voters
Trump has a record of fomenting violence. When he predicts - promises? - that his losing the election will result in a bloodbath, it's common sense to take him seriously.
You know you completely ignored the context of his statement, which completely negates your position.
Right?

You know you completely ignored the context of his statement, which completely negates your position.
Right?
The "context" makes no sense. A bloodbath for the whole industry? That hasn't happened in the past, during other downturns.

Moreover, trump's history of fomenting violence lends credence to his prediction that his losing the election will result in more violence.

The "context" makes no sense.
It does.
You only think so because you know the use of the term in the proper contexts means you can't complain.

And even if is doesn't make sense, is still the context in which the term was used.

It does.
You only think so because you know the use of the term in the proper contexts means you can't complain.
I think so because of history:

There have been no "bloodbaths" during past downturns in the auto industry, and trump has already fomented a violent reaction to his losing an (earlier) election.

I think so because of history:
I added:
And even if it doesn't make sense, is still the context in which the term was used.

You know you completely ignore the context of his statement, which completely negates your position.

I added:
And even if it doesn't make sense, is still the context in which the term was used.

You know you completely ignore the context of his statement, which completely negates your position.

Again, trump's mention of the auto industry does not automatically link or limit his bloodbath prediction to the auto industry.

He specifically tied it to his losing the election.

Again, trump's mention of the auto industry does not automatically link or limit his bloodbath prediction to the auto industry.

He specifically tied it to his losing the election.
It’s like a politician saying if I win good things will happen if I don’t bad things will happen.

This whole video is interesting, but check out the "bloodbath" material starting at about 2 minutes in to about 4 minutes.

Regarding the video I posted just above -- what do you all think of the examples of all the usages of "bloodbath" by the media -- suddenly, Trump uses the term, and it's portrayed as off the charts and a call for violence? Suddenly, nobody can understand the English language and listen to what he was saying?

It's clearly on purpose - this stuff - where they just take everything the guy says and portray it as the worst thing ever. If he says "fight for your rights" he means go out and riot. If he says "bloodbath" he means that people will be out with hatchets murdering each other.

Aren't you tired of being manipulated like that? Do you not see what the media does here?

Regarding the video I posted just above -- what do you all think of the examples of all the usages of "bloodbath" by the media -- suddenly, Trump uses the term, and it's portrayed as off the charts and a call for violence? Suddenly, nobody can understand the English language and listen to what he was saying?

It's clearly on purpose - this stuff - where they just take everything the guy says and portray it as the worst thing ever. If he says "fight for your rights" he means go out and riot. If he says "bloodbath" he means that people will be out with hatchets murdering each other.

Aren't you tired of being manipulated like that? Do you not see what the media does here?
The media and Trump are doing it. You are ignoring the times when not only does Trump make hyperbolic comments like this one that include a prediction that involves violent imagery (even if not calling for anything specific with it) and the fact that those on the right have done the same thing, taken comments out of context in order to paint someone on the left as encouraging violence or simply to paint them poorly.

There is some merit in saying he was only talking about the auto industry, given the context of the speech. But the comments were completely hyperbolic and the use of violent imagery completely unnecessary. The last sentence of that particular part of his speech doesn't even fit with the rest. And Biden holds a very similar caution about Chinese car makers setting up shop in Mexico, even if not going for the hyperbolic ranting about it that Trump does.

It wasn't a "bloodbath" for the industry, much the less for the country.
Not a bloodbath? As a result of the 2008 credit crunch both GM and Chrysler declared bankruptcy and had to be bailed out by the government. Brands like Pontiac, Saab, Mercury and Hummer vanished. Hundreds of dealerships closed. Thousands of workers lost their jobs. It was by any sane definition an economic bloodbath.

By Fall 2008, the "Big Three" US car companies of General Motors, Chrysler, and Ford faced potential insolvency, and without swift government intervention, their futures were in doubt.

Last edited:
Right?
Nothing taken out of context. Nothing at all. Trump's domestic terrorists that are sprawled all across this country know exactly what his words meant.

No they don't. They don't read, they don't reason, they just react.

Trump may be frightening, but the mindless groupthink is truly horrifying.

You are lying to yourself.

You are lying to yourself.
No, I'm being realistic.

Trump used lies and violent rhetoric in the past to orchestrate Jan 6.

Saying Americans will inflict/suffer a bloodbath should he not be reinstated in the Oval Office is a thug's threat.

No, I'm being realistic.

Saying Americans will inflict/suffer a bloodbath should he not be reinstated in the Oval Office is a thug's threat.
You're being hyper-partisan.
No, I'm not collaborating on the normalization of violence as a means of attaining political power.

No, I'm not collaborating on the normalization of violence as a means of attaining political power.
Of course not-
You're lying to yourself because someone you disagree with said something.

Of course not-
You're lying to yourself because someone you disagree with said something.
I'm not lying to myself or to anyone else.

Trump has predicted a bloodbath should he lose the election.

YOU might want to whitewash his words, but I refuse to collaborate with you on this anti-American, pro-violence endeavor.

Using words like bloodbath is deliberate, he's stoking violence, fear mongering, and working his base of ignorant fools into a lather again. He should be behind bars.
F-ing deplorable, misogynist, xenophobic, homophobic, agoraphobic racist and fascist Nazis eh

No, I'm being realistic.

If they bring a knife, you bring a gun ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm not lying to myself or to anyone else.
Trump has predicted a bloodbath should he lose the election.
Yes.
With obvious reference to the automobile Industry.
You might want to re-read his words through something other than your hyper-partisan MSDNC filter.

The media and Trump are doing it. You are ignoring the times when not only does Trump make hyperbolic comments like this one that include a prediction that involves violent imagery (even if not calling for anything specific with it) and the fact that those on the right have done the same thing, taken comments out of context in order to paint someone on the left as encouraging violence or simply to paint them poorly.
What are you saying? That both sides do it? Are you agreeing that Trump wasn't really calling for violent literal bloodbaths -- and you are agreeing the media is making it up?
There is some merit in saying he was only talking about the auto industry, given the context of the speech. But the comments were completely hyperbolic and the use of violent imagery completely unnecessary. The last sentence of that particular part of his speech doesn't even fit with the rest. And Biden holds a very similar caution about Chinese car makers setting up shop in Mexico, even if not going for the hyperbolic ranting about it that Trump does.
Did you bother watching the material I cited? What did you think of the same hyperbolic and completely unnecessary violent imagery being used by others?

Yes.
With obvious reference to the automobile Industry.
You might want to re-read his words through something other than your hyper-partisan MSDNC filter.
I've read trump's words. His "context" is ridiculous, as is your (and others') continuing arguments that somehow Americans will inflict a bloodbath on the auto industry or the auto industry will somehow be bloodbathed should trump not be reelected.

The only sensible "interpretation" is what trump said: There "whole" country will experience a bloodbath should he lose the election.

I've read trump's words. His "context" is ridiculous....
The fact you do not agree with his conclusion does not in any way change the context of his words.

Back
Top Bottom