• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What do you think of Trump’s bloodbath comment?

• Total voters

President Trump Warns of a Looming Bloodbath in the Auto Industry Related to Chinese EV Plants in Mexico – Media Go Bananas

“We’re going to put a 100% tariff on every single car that comes across the line, and you’re not going to be able to sell those cars if I get elected,” Trump said. “Now, if I don’t get elected, it’s going to be a bloodbath for the whole — that’s gonna be the least of it. It’s going to be a bloodbath for the country. That will be the least of it. But they’re not going to sell those cars. They’re building massive factories.”

Who gives a **** about interpreting? Just take him at his word.

Just Trump being Trump. Trump believes in violence as a tribute to his greatness. He wants his supporters to lash out and “fight like hell”. Trump doesn’t believe in democracy. Trump doesn’t understand our form of government. And Trump sees violence as the last stand at securing the Presidency, which is all he cares about. The state of the country is of little concern. He just cares about enough people sacrificing their lives for his personal glory.

His view is, if we lose, foment an insurrection, and then rewrite the history books to say we won. That is his worldview and that assertion is supported by prior actions and statements from Trump.

If you don’t like that, Trump supporters, that is too bad.
He is trying to get votes by threatening violence if you don't vote for him. He knows he can never win by his appeal. Last time he won it was because of 12% of Bernie supporters who voted for him out of spite after the Russians hacked the DNC and revealed emails that said Bernie was not a Democrat.

Trump's remark had zero to do with violence.

It was a description of what will happen to the US auto industry and the rest of America if he's not elected President.
You would commit violence for your orange rapist, yes or no?

President Trump Warns of a Looming Bloodbath in the Auto Industry Related to Chinese EV Plants in Mexico – Media Go Bananas

“We’re going to put a 100% tariff on every single car that comes across the line, and you’re not going to be able to sell those cars if I get elected,” Trump said. “Now, if I don’t get elected, it’s going to be a bloodbath for the whole — that’s gonna be the least of it. It’s going to be a bloodbath for the country. That will be the least of it. But they’re not going to sell those cars. They’re building massive factories.”

What is the least of it in reference to?

He didn’t say a bloodbath for the auto industry, he said that a bloodbath for the auto industry, would be the least of it, that it would be a bloodbath for the whole country

1710792528141.jpeg

Voted other. In looking over the statement in question it appears he could have been talking about the auto industry, the economy as a whole, or something far more sinister.

Since Trump tends to get on a roll and babble about all sorts of things, Trump could have been talking about anything.
Does it matter if he meant it about the auto industry? The damage is all the same.

Catastrophizing is a cognitive distortion that prompts people to jump to the worst possible conclusion, usually with very limited information or objective reason to despair. When a situation is upsetting, but not necessarily catastrophic, they still feel like they are in the midst of a crisis.

He always does this. Everything is a catastrophe, you need me to fix it! He does it to burrow a deep linkage in the brains of his listeners, he wants them to see his exaggerated, or even completely fabricated, versions of events. He wants them to think, Trump is the only one talking about this, he’s the only one who can fix it!

He’s lying to, manipulating, and psychologically abusing the American public. And the collateral damage is not insignificant, some people will take these violent rhetorical devices seriously and will be more prone to violence. Stochastic terrorism.

The consequences are real whether “he technically might have been referring to the auto industry” (even though he DEFINITELY did not say that) or not.

Does it matter if he meant it about the auto industry? The damage is all the same.

Even if it is about the auto industry, tossing in comments about bloodbaths in the same paragraph as elections is, at minimum, a game of

"I'M NOT TOUCHING YOU!"
"I'M NOT TOUCHING YOU!"
"I'M NOT TOUCHING YOU!"
"I'M NOT TOUCHING YOU!"

Only instead of a four year old doing it, it's an MMA kickboxer doing it to your grandmother...with a bunch of retarded gangbangers as the audience.
And this is eight months out, so imagine how it will be ratcheted up in the next hundred or so days, rally after rally, radio and TV appearances over and over again.

And remember, we on the other side (and I mean Democrats PLUS moderates, independents, ordinary straight up conservatives, etc - anyone not in MAGA Land) are restricted from posting likeminded responses on social media because MAGA has special privileges as proven by mass account bans every election cycle with very few MAGA punished.
WE HAVE to remain quiet and composed.
And that gets interpreted by brainless MAGA as weakness. which tantalizes their bloodlust even more.

Trump IS a master manipulator, he knows how to play the game and he knows that the social media owners like him and favor his audience.

Muar be cold in Canada - apparently some brain cells have frozen.
Always with the snide personal come backs. I really don't care what you think of me or of Canadians. Your childish and petulant replies speak to who you are.

Musk promotes X over ‘legacy media’ amid Trump ‘blood bath’ comments​

Tech billionaire Elon Musk appeared to come to former President Trump’s defense on Sunday over media coverage of the former president’s “blood bath” comments, saying people should use X, the platform formerly known as Twitter, to avoid being “misled by the legacy media.”

Musk suggested that the “legacy media” outlets were taking Trump’s comments on Saturday out of context when reporting on the former president’s rally. During a heated rally in Ohio on Saturday night, Trump warned there would be a “blood bath” in the U.S. if he loses the November election when talking about his proposal for steep tariffs on vehicle imports.

Musk also encouraged users to send posts from X to their friends.

“Please send links from this platform to your friends who are still being misled by the legacy media!” he wrote. He also reposted a video instructing users how “to share a post with people outside this platform.”

Full story at the link above.

I am not a Trump sycophant. I'm a leftist who believes in fighting fair.

Let me tell you something, to China, if you're listening, President Xi — and you and I are friends, but he understands the way I deal — those big, monster car-manufacturing plants that you're building in Mexico right now, and you think you're going to get that, you're going to not hire Americans, and you're going to sell the cars to us?

No, we're going to put a 100% tariff on every single car that comes across the line, and you're not going to be able to sell those cars if I get elected. Now, if I don't get elected, it's going to be a bloodbath for the whole — that's going to be the least of it, it's going to be a bloodbath for the country, that'll be the least of it. But they're not going to sell those cars, they're building massive factories.

Chinese factories in Mexico BEFORE the quote. Chinese factories in Mexico AFTER the quote. That's what we call context.

It is significant that Trump is more concerned about cars made in Mexico, than he is about crude oil extracted in Canada. There's an unmistakable xenophobic bias there.

And someone should ask him why, if the USMCA has this gaping hole in it, why did Trump negotiate and sign it in his first term?
Good point about fighting fair. One of the problems in our perception of Trump is that his outrageousness, many lies, election denials and appeals to bigotry can have us jumping to wrong conclusions or interpretations of his comments. Given that he has promised “retribution,” the largest roundup and deportation of undocumented immigrants in history, suggested using the military domestically, et al., taking “bloodbath” out of the context he put it in is wrong, but somewhat understandable. But even a bigoted, violence-advocating stopped clock is right twice a day.

Yes. Such eloquence. If it just wasn't for that stutter! /s

""The beer brewed here, it is used to make the brew beered here." Despite most of the sentence being unintelligible, he seemed to add, "Ooh, Earth Rider, thanks for the Great Lakes. I wonder why…""

What statesmanship! /s

You know nothing about beer. Connoisseurs consider the quality of the water used to be essential to a good beer. Earth Rider (the owners of the brewery where Biden was speaking) use Great Lakes water.

I hope that clears it up for you. Now you can go back to drinking your Bud light.

Every foreign (auto industry) job (to export autos to the US) is one less US (auto industry) job.
That's what they used to say in the 70s about Japanese cars, until Detroit started building better cars.

Who the hell wants a Chinese make? I bet Chinese cars are worse than a Yugo.

Good point about fighting fair. One of the problems in our perception of Trump is that his outrageousness, many lies, election denials and appeals to bigotry can have us jumping to wrong conclusions or interpretations of his comments. Given that he has promised “retribution,” the largest roundup and deportation of undocumented immigrants in history, suggested using the military domestically, et al., taking “bloodbath” out of the context he put it in is wrong, but somewhat understandable. But even a bigoted, violence-advocating stopped clock is right twice a day.

Thankyou. I haven't had much success persuading liberals that they're barking up the wrong tree on this one.

Having slept on it, I now give more credit to @roguenuke 's position that politicians shouldn't use violent imagery. Whatever they do, their followers will do worse. So we're likely to hear claims like the Chinese intend to "murder" the US, with a consequent uptick in murders of people for no reason other than being of Chinese descent.

Post #169 shows that "bloodbath" is already in the lexicon of the commentariat. And because Trump is a populist, he adopts turns of phrase he's seen others use, thus ratcheting up the violent rhetoric used by the public.

I've never defended Trump's choice of words. I've only ever said that taking the one sentence literally is malicious editing, and not fair play.

Back
Top Bottom