• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What did you have for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should start a Breakfast and Lunch Thread.

Speaking of:

Poppy Bagel, two eggs, homemade sausage, Cheese, and a hashbrown on the bagel from the best bagel shop on the east coast.

Yeah the best.

A Banana, a red pear, some grapes, and a small bowl of oatmeal with almond milk and honey.

Jeez, that's a classy dinner. I want that.

I had, uh, Mexican food last night. Burrito Deluxe.

That was breakfast in response to Rev.

Dinner last night was a pita stuffed with homemade roasted garlic humus, tabouleh, and heirloom tomato and cucumber salad. And I had some roasted beets with it.

Dinner tonight was the left over salad and roasted red pepper/ tomato bisque. For dessert I had a few pieces of fruit.

I went to my dad's and they got some take out Italian from some little place I'd never been. It was divine. Stuffed tortellinis, ravioli, and manicotti with fresh salad and birthday cake for desert. Those little hole-in-the-walls sure know how to cook a meal. It never ceases to amaze me how a great mom and pop restaurant gets put out of business for some chain place that you can find on any corner. :confused:

I went to my dad's and they got some take out Italian from some little place I'd never been. It was divine. Stuffed tortellinis, ravioli, and manicotti with fresh salad and birthday cake for desert. Those little hole-in-the-walls sure know how to cook a meal. It never ceases to amaze me how a great mom and pop restaurant gets put out of business for some chain place that you can find on any corner. :confused:

I agree with you 100%. Plus it's so much fun to visit the little places and see their take on traditional dishes. Everyone has their own little secret recipes.

For dinner tonight we are having banana lemon-grass soup, rum flamed pineapple halves with carrots, onions, apples, pears, and shrimp.

absolutely... The Good Reverend does not do chains.....

Only a meal served in the best 5 star restaurants

beanie weenies and garlic bread.

$5 Turkey Footlong from Subway:)

I made that banana lemongrass soup again but this time I added curry to the recipe. I can't seem to get the lemongrass soft enough though...

I made that banana lemongrass soup again but this time I added curry to the recipe. I can't seem to get the lemongrass soft enough though...

Soak it in an acidic base mixed with white wine for 24hrs prior to adding the heat.

Acidic base like lemon juice?

Exactly!

The LSD soaking is probably not a good idea:2razz: It probably wouldn't ware off for a week.

Exactly!

The LSD soaking is probably not a good idea:2razz: It probably wouldn't ware off for a week.

Okay so one more question before I try this again...won't the lemon juice change the flavor of the lemongrass?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom