• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What did you have for dinner? -Part dois

Skillet meal. Onions and gold potatoes sliced and sauteed until soft, tender and caramelized, then small chunks of ham, can of sweet peas added last so they didn't get mushy. Homemade chocolate eggcream for dessert, Hershey Simply 5, 2% milk, and Perrier.

We received almost 10" or 26 cm of snow in the past 18 hours. I made a pot of harira because soup is a great way to beat the cold. My BF and I have put 3 tanks of gas through the snowblower in the past 8 hours clearing our snow and that of neighbors who don't have a blower and are too old to shovel. I started at about 9 am and worked until 11:00 am. He shoveled the steps that I can't use the blower to clear. Then he took over the blower at noon.

I hope that the people in the NE parts of the US, and Canada (Ontario, Quebec, Newfoundland, and NS) are warm, healthy, and safe.

Last edited:
We received almost 10" or 26 cm of snow in the past 18 hours. I made a pot of harira because soup is a great way to beat the cold. My BF and I have put 3 tanks of gas through the snowblower in the past 8 hours clearing our snow and that of neighbors who don't have a blower and are too old to shovel. I started at about 9 am and worked until 11:00 am. He shoveled the steps that I can't use the blower to clear. Then he took over the blower at noon.

I hope that the people in the NE parts of the US, and Canada (Ontario, Quebec, Newfoundland, and NS) are warm, healthy, and safe.
I also put several tanks through the snowblower after lunch, and lent it to my neighbor whose electric couldn't handle the 3+ foot drifts. I only stopped when I had to come in to make supper, which was beef enchiladas tonight.

PXL_20220117_225625672.jpg

It really is, we always steam some large shrimp at home when we order it, to make it a more filling meal.

I love curry, and love Thai food. But while curry goes a pretty long way, due to it being served on rice, the usual Thai restaurant portions are generally moderate sized. Often really tasty, but not abundant or a particularly good value. Though as I said, the curries go a pretty long way, but not very proteins rich. Delicious, though!

BTW - when you find a good Thai all-you-can-eat buffet, you've hit the jackpot! I had one nearby, but it burnt down! I guess it gives new meaning to the phrase, "Fiery Hot"!

I love curry, and love Thai food. But while curry goes a pretty long way, due to it being served on rice, the usual Thai restaurant portions are generally moderate sized. Often really tasty, but not abundant or a particularly good value. Though as I said, the curries go a pretty long way, but not very proteins rich. Delicious, though!

BTW - when you find a good Thai all-you-can-eat buffet, you've hit the jackpot! I had one nearby, but it burnt down! I guess it gives new meaning to the phrase, "Fiery Hot"!
Now I want Thai.

We never eat there usually get two 1qt. containers of the curry, and two containers of white rice on the side. We usually share a 1qt. container and 1 container of rice per meal, always with our added shrimp. It is delicious, never disappoints.

Cod fish and french fry dinner, pork loin sandwich with tomato, mayo, onion, pot roast sandwich with grilled onions, take out from Culvers. The fish was okay, better than Long John Silvers, but the sandwiches were less than expected. We had to try the new Culvers by us, might get the fish once a year when in the mood. Vanilla custard from them for dessert, haven't tasted that yet.

Cod fish and french fry dinner, pork loin sandwich with tomato, mayo, onion, pot roast sandwich with grilled onions, take out from Culvers. The fish was okay, better than Long John Silvers, but the sandwiches were less than expected. We had to try the new Culvers by us, might get the fish once a year when in the mood. Vanilla custard from them for dessert, haven't tasted that yet.
A Culvers recently opened in Auburn; My brats hadnt had Culvers since we left Minnesota....we had to make the obligatory pilgrimage a few weeks ago.

The beef pot roast sandwich slathered with mashed taters & gravy was a near religious experience after a year long Culvers drought.

We never eat there usually get two 1qt. containers of the curry, and two containers of white rice on the side. We usually share a 1qt. container and 1 container of rice per meal, always with our added shrimp. It is delicious, never disappoints.

A full quart container is highly unusual for Thai, around here. The Thai portions seem to be around, maybe, 70% of that of a decent Chinese joint. And it's not just one place, it seems to be pretty standard among all the Thai places.

That being said, I really like Thai food - at any price or quantity! (y)

BTW - have you ever had a Thai, "Mussle Pancake"? It's called, "Hoi Tod". It's sort of a Thai mussel Egg Foo Young of sorts, but it very thin and fried crispy. Then, it's served over a bed fresh bean sprouts, with home-made Sri-Racha type sauce on the side. Eat it 'in', fresh, hot, and still crispy, topped with the hot sauce, some thin/light soy, and a bit of fish sauce.

I swear, it's one of the most delicious things I've ever eaten! It's only available at a minority of Stateside Thai joints for some reason, even though I've been told it is an extremely common & popular item back in Thailand, where It's a very popular street-food.

If you ever have the opportunity to try Hoi Tod, and you like mussels, give it a try. I highly recommend it!

(But unfortunately, it's best 'eaten in'. The thin crispy-ness is essential, as is it being warm, and it contrasts beautifully with the bean sprouts underneath.)

photo.jpg

BTW - have you ever had a Thai "Mussle Pancake"? It's called, "Hoi Tod". It's sort of a Thai mussel Egg Foo Young of sorts, but it very thin and fried crispy. Then, it's served over a bed fresh bean sprouts, with home-made Sri-Racha type sauce on the side. Eat it 'in', fresh, hot, and still crispy, topped with the hot sauce, some thin/light soy, and a bit of fish sauce.

I swear, it's one of the most delicious things I've ever eaten! It's only available at a minority of Stateside Thai joints for some reason, even though I've been told it is an extremely common & popular item back in Thailand, where It's a very popular street-food.

If you ever have the opportunity to try Hoi Tod, and you like mussels, give it a try. I highly recommend it!
No, we haven't really eaten that much Thai food. I don't like mussels, but my husband might like that dish, thanks Chomsky. :)

Were they served with fart jokes again?
The fart jokes were from last night's harira. (lentils and garbanzos)

A Culvers recently opened in Canton but I have yet to get over there.

Back
Top Bottom