• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What did you have for dinner? -Part dois

Sloppy Joes with onions, shredded cheddar and hot sauce.
do you have a home made sloppy joes recipe or do you use the canned base with added ingredients?

do you have a home made sloppy joes recipe or do you use the canned base with added ingredients?
I used Clubhouse Sloppy Joes, you add to your ground beef with a can of tomato paste and water.

It's bland enough for some people, and I can spice it up.

6000200389178.jpg

I used Clubhouse Sloppy Joes, you add to your ground beef with a can of tomato paste and water.

It's bland enough for some people, and I can spice it up.

View attachment 67368411
THANX!
will look for it; noticed it has canadian origins, which likely explains why i don;' recall it being on the shelf of the local grocery

You're sweet, but no thanks, my doodle and kitty like to roam and explore the yard, they don't do apartments. ;) Hope your toes aren't giving you too much pain, take care...hugs.

:giggle:

I baked my first soufflé yesterday - a spinach and cheese affair that rose nicely and tasted pretty good. It was a lot less complicated than I thought it would be. I used gruyere cheese and some mustard for flavoring along with salt and pepper.

I baked my first soufflé yesterday - a spinach and cheese affair that rose nicely and tasted pretty good. It was a lot less complicated than I thought it would be. I used gruyere cheese and some mustard for flavoring along with salt and pepper.
i have never baked one
any tips learned you would be willing to share?

i have never baked one
any tips learned you would be willing to share?
I'm no expert so I only have early observations:
1. It is not nearly so complicated as I feared
2. fold in whipped egg whites very carefully - it took a lot of work to form those bubbles so you don't want to lose them with overzealous stirring
3. in my case (spinach and cheese) I think the fact that I chopped spinach very finely contributed to success; I suspect that large chunks of anything will collapse the rise more quickly

Chicken in a Biscuit crackers, some with Philadelphia cream cheese, some with Gouda cheese.

Complete lazy slacker meal tonight.

I’m sharing it only because my 6 year old made me laugh.

(We were installing a new dishwasher in the kitchen, so I quickly threw together dinner for my son. Egg noodles, a hot dog and strawberries. Except I made the *gasp* HORRIFIC mistake of cutting up a hot dog….I’ve since paid my penance.)

Don’t try to be lazy Moms…these kids don’t accept cut up hot dogs and paper plates.

They’d have us standing in front of Congress for crimes against humanity.

Attachments

• 4E194E16-8646-4C06-B9F6-89AC61520D99.jpeg
    4E194E16-8646-4C06-B9F6-89AC61520D99.jpeg
    162.4 KB · Views: 3
BBQ'd hot dogs, and had mine with avocado mayo, diced onions, jalapeno hot sauce and ketchup.

Last night I grilled something the butcher had on display I’d never seen before. It looked good marinated in a thick pinkish paste that smelled like some kind of curry. It was ground beef and ground pork hand shaped and skewered on one end like a meat lollipop.

We couldn’t eat it. It tasted like the inside of a dog’s butt. My wife said it reminded her of meatloaf, which neither of us like.

The name of whatever it was was Kay Bob. I have no idea what language that might be but I think it translates to Meatloaf on a Stick.

Anyway, after we tossed that crap in the garbage I had a handful of cashews and cranberries. Next, I had a shot of Triple Sec to try to wash that greasy Kay Bob taste out of my mouth.

I had a couple of Tums before going to bed.

396CD860-7099-4642-AD75-FB3E54E9C893.jpeg
Tonight we are going to a little BYOB with friends. I’ve been waiting to be able to get a reservation.

Their pasta tonight is a striped lobster ravioli.

I cannot wait!

Yesterday, i cooked farfalle pasta with garlic Alfredo sauce for everyone. Added canned chicken by suggestion. It turned out pretty decently, but I'm not a huge fan of canned chicken. Served garlic toast on the side.

Today we were traveling, so it was a Big Mac and some fries.

Back
Top Bottom