• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What did you have for dinner? -Part dois

Damn, that looks good. Was it as good as it looks?
It was very good. The crust was a 6-hour poolish followed by a 36-hour cold ferment in the fridge. I par-bake the crust for 3 minutes because I hate when pizzas have doughy centers because the crust under the toppings never got done, even with a 550° stone. The cheeses are hand-shredded mozzarella, romano, and then provolone on the top. The toppings were thick-cut pepperoni, 2 links of cubed Italian sausage, crimini mushrooms, and caramelized onions and peppers.

It costs less than $6.00 to make but would be $30.00+ if you had it delivered, but I doubt that they would ever go to the level of what I do just for giggles because I like to play in the kitchen.

If a mod or admin read this, could you please resize the picture to about 1/2 that big.. Thanks.

Last edited:
It was very good. The crust was a 6-hour poolish followed by a 36-hour cold ferment in the fridge. I par-bake the crust for 3 minutes because I hate when pizzas have doughy centers because the crust under the toppings never got done, even with a 550° stone. The cheeses are hand-shredded mozzarella, romano, and then provolone on the top. The toppings were thick-cut pepperoni, 2 links of cubed Italian sausage, crimini mushrooms, and caramelized onions and peppers.

It costs less than $6.00 to make but would be $30.00+ if you had it delivered, but I doubt that they would ever go to the level of what I do just for giggles because I like to play in the kitchen.

If a mod or admin read this, could you please resize the picture to about 1/2 that big.. Thanks.

That sounds like an excellent pizza. It sounds as if it is as good as it looks.

Actually made two batches of the meatballs from yesterday so today I had them with a spicy tomato sauce, patatas bravas and broccoli. Washed down with a smooth Ribera del Duero. Forgot to take a pic.

Thank you. I credit it to Rep. Jamie Raskin, he recently brought it to my attention, and I felt it fit perfectly in my signature.
Hi, I also heard Raskin use this, and have been using it as a signature also. It seems to describe very accurately what's going around.

Pressure cooker tilapia and rice.

3 cups water.
Salt and spices (always experimenting)
1 cup rice..
4 frozen tilapia fillets laid on top.

Clamp lid down and cook under pressure for six minutes. Yep, six.

When done the tilapia is just cooked through and has absorbed some of the spice and the rice is perfect.

Baked some fillets off a couple of snapper I just caught.
Dinner on the boat tonight. Put the 4 fillets in a baking dish with olive oil, garlic, fresh basil, diced tomato, lemon slices, over a bed of sliced onion. Teaspoon of chicken stock powder, lemon pepper, salt, fresh ground black pepper. 2 tablespoons of water. Knob of butter on top. Bake with a lid on for around 30 minutes in a medium oven. Only takes 10 minites to prepare and you can serve with salad or a baked potato, or both. Simple but super tasty. Didn't have any with me this time, but fresh thyme or fresh cilantro go well in this dish, just don't over power it.

We ate at an all-you-can eat Korean grill the night before, so I decided to have a light dinner this time: simple salad with my homemade balsamic reduction vinaigrette and some fresh pide bread from the Turkish deli nearby.

Back
Top Bottom