• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What did you have for dinner? -Part dois

Seriously mate, you’ve got to try it...best sandwich ever ...invented in the U.K. lol. Goes great with some chilli thrown in too.🥲

We just use tinned sweet corn....and loads of Mayo.
Thanks, but no thanks. (n)

Is it true that Americans don’t do tuna , sweet corn and Mayo sandwiches? If not you’re missing a treat...😇
We have tuna salad sandwichs (either hot or cold, but it doesn't have corn it in. Tuna, mayo, relish,.......

salad
party pizza with a bunch of chopped up onions and green peppers added to it.

Sauteed some onions until soft in pot, added mild red enchilada sauce and seasonings, added Carnita pork and let meld overnight. Had that on whole wheat tortillas.

So last night I had bagels and lox. Everything Bagel, Pastrami style cured Salmon, schmear, onions, capers.

Late night snack was a plate of Kalamatas, pistachios, almonds, blood orange supremes, Comte, English Cheddar, and a couple hard rolls (think Brotchen but not nearly as good w/ Irish butter.

Tonight......hmmmm...I'll get back with you on that one...

I made the traditional New Years' meal of roast pork, sauerkraut, and spaetzle.

It was very good but I feel like I ate a brick. I'd like to go for a long walk to walk it off but it's 34°F and freezing rain outside.

we were on the road tonight, so i had a double cheeseburger and small fries. skipped a meal to cover it.

I made 13 bean soup with ham in the crock pot. Baked some Dave's corn bread to go along with it.

I made 13 bean soup with ham in the crock pot. Baked some Dave's corn bread to go along with it.
is that Killer Dave's cornbread?
and no matter, what makes Dave's different than regular ole butermilk cornbread?

is that Killer Dave's cornbread?
and no matter, what makes Dave's different than regular ole butermilk cornbread?

It's sweeter. If you like sweet, you'll like Dave's.

It's sweeter. If you like sweet, you'll like Dave's.
thanks. i grew up on it then. almost like cake
folks from other parts of the south, especialy tejas, insist Mom's recipe is too sweet, in the belief corn bread should not have any sugar in it

Friday was Pizza -- local thin crust, Black, green olive, onion

Sat Chinese -- Wonton soup, Pineapple Fried Rice, Veggie Egg rolls..

Tonight, running around just had an Impossible Whopper and fry at BK so, probably won't eat until later tonight -- figure Bagel and lox, and a little cheese board like I had the other day...

i made spaghetti with lean ground beef and roasted garlic sauce, garlic bread, and Caesar salads for the family. we have a lot left over, so my wife thinks she can make a baked spaghetti out of it tomorrow.

i made spaghetti with lean ground beef and roasted garlic sauce, garlic bread, and Caesar salads for the family. we have a lot left over, so my wife thinks she can make a baked spaghetti out of it tomorrow.

Nice, some grated mozzarella on top, and it will be delish!

Last edited:
Friday was Pizza -- local thin crust, Black, green olive, onion

Sat Chinese -- Wonton soup, Pineapple Fried Rice, Veggie Egg rolls..

Tonight, running around just had an Impossible Whopper and fry at BK so, probably won't eat until later tonight -- figure Bagel and lox, and a little cheese board like I had the other day...

I am so jealous. I miss my previous hometown's pizza. CA. cannot make good pizza. They do have a Rossati's here though... that's about the only one I'll eat though.

Leftover pizza and lemon meringue pie for dessert.

Lol...I’m like that with celery....but for everyone else...you ain’t lived until you’ve had tuna, sweet corn and Mayo sandwiches...😊😇

they are a great British tradition! 😎
They are good... lots of British cuisine is not though so people tend to default to the worst.

I bought a peperoni and black olive full pie... traditional New York style. They are in Hamilton...

Heading to Wellington in a couple of days... a few good Mexican and Vietnamese places there.

I am so jealous. I miss my previous hometown's pizza. CA. cannot make good pizza. They do have a Rossati's here though... that's about the only one I'll eat though.

You know, once you get it into your head that you're not really eating pizza, more so, I guess you could call it a "flatbread" then CPK actually is pretty decent.

That being said, if you make it east to Las Vegas a south side fav Aurelio's has an outpost and I know in Denver there's a Numero Uno, well, Aurora I think is it's actual location.

But yeah, I definitely don't go to Cali for the pizza.....lol

We have tuna salad sandwichs (either hot or cold, but it doesn't have corn it in. Tuna, mayo, relish,.......

Gotta have sweet corn in it...second best option is a little sliced red onion...but you’ve got to try it with sweet corn...it’s popular here for a reason . I saw an American rave about tuna, Mayo and sweet corn sandwiches on YouTube when he visited London...

They are good... lots of British cuisine is not though so people tend to default to the worst.
I think British food is up there with the best...people tend to have a view of our food that is born out of the 1970s... our produce is way up there now...you can eat very well or very cheaply here the choice is yours...love a bit of New Zealand lamb though...have 2 or 3 legs in the freezer.
Eating Swedish meatballs tonight...proper ones made in Sweden...

Back
Top Bottom