• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What did you have for dinner? -Part dois

I made another pot of beef vegetable soup.

I bought a 6qt. Lodge enameled cast iron pot last spring and I have used it much more than I ever thought that I would. I might buy the 4qt as a secret Santa gift for myself if they go on sale after the holidays. The only downside is that they weigh a ton. I have to use both hands merely to lift the lid. I count the trip up and down the stairs to store it in a built-in cabinet in the basement as part of my daily exercise time.

Hubby has a loaf of cranberry-nut bread in the oven.
Took some cream of turkey soap with rice out of the freezer to thaw.
Lite meal, but good on a day like this.

Cold and rainy in Southern CA. today... well, hehe, cold for us. ;)

I made another pot of beef vegetable soup.

I bought a 6qt. Lodge enameled cast iron pot last spring and I have used it much more than I ever thought that I would. I might buy the 4qt as a secret Santa gift for myself if they go on sale after the holidays. The only downside is that they weigh a ton. I have to use both hands merely to lift the lid. I count the trip up and down the stairs to store it in a built-in cabinet in the basement as part of my daily exercise time.

I love the Lodge line. Did you buy the Lodge seasoning/cleaning kit? I highly recommend it if you don't already have it.
I hear you about it being heavy. I only have their large skillet/fry pan.

Hubby has a loaf of cranberry-nut bread in the oven.
Took some cream of turkey soap with rice out of the freezer to thaw.
Lite meal, but good on a day like this.

Cold and rainy in Southern CA. today... well, hehe, cold for us. ;)
Is that what your mother used to wash your mouth? Lol, I couldn't resist.

We had minestrone.

I love the Lodge line. Did you buy the Lodge seasoning/cleaning kit? I highly recommend it if you don't already have it.
I hear you about it being heavy. I only have their large skillet/fry pan.
The enameled pots aren't seasoned.

I have 2 black iron Lodge frying pans( 8"-12"), plus 2 Griswold pans that were my mother's and grandmothers. I use the black iron pans many times a week and I have them seasoned to the point that they look like a black mirror.

Oven grilled Norwegian salmon fillet with boiled gold potatoes on the side.

Cheese tonight with some other bits and pieces...you can see that the better half set this out though lol. We love lodge pans too.

20689403-7DDC-4DCB-9F2B-95A5255FDDFE.jpeg
F90536BF-33D6-4D38-BA5A-F9BDF1749EF2.jpeg
the round one in the glass is really , really stinky French stuff...😊😂

Cheese tonight with some other bits and pieces...you can see that the better half set this out though lol. We love lodge pans too.

View attachment 67310655
View attachment 67310656
the round one in the glass is really , really stinky French stuff...😊😂
I crave stinky french blue cheese. I'll eat Brie but it's not something that I crave. I can easily eat 1/4 lb of any of the blue cheeses with crusty bread or a Triscuit cracker. I feel guilty for days afterward but I love it.

Stuffing blue cheese crumbles into a grilled burger, like a "Juicy Lucy" is a once a year indulgence.

I crave stinky french blue cheese. I'll eat Brie but it's not something that I crave. I can easily eat 1/4 lb of any of the blue cheeses with crusty bread or a Triscuit cracker. I feel guilty for days afterward but I love it.

Stuffing blue cheese crumbles into a grilled burger, like a "Juicy Lucy" is a once a year indulgence.
You sound like my misses lol.😂🤣😇

Cheese lovers unite. I think I ate my weight in cheese traveling around in Europe, the stronger and stinkier, the better.

Whole wheat linguini with homemade Bolognese sauce. Lemon mousse cake with raspberry for dessert.

cheesy spinach dip pasta with chicken
my garlic bread recipe made with lousy 80s white bread that should have been fed to the geese at the park

turned out pretty well.

Whole wheat linguini with homemade Bolognese sauce. Lemon mousse cake with raspberry for dessert.
That sounds really good.

I bought a head of cabbage 2 weeks ago with the intent to make cabbage rolls. It needed to be used and I was too lazy to put that much work today so I made cabbage and noodles with bratwurst instead.

Tuna salad sandwiches on poppy seed Kaiser rolls.

Beer can chicken, polenta fries, spinach salad is on the menu for later this evening.

Then, as it is unofficially “Friday” for my wife and I, we are gonna smoke some aaaaamaaaaaazing weed.

Beer can chicken, polenta fries, spinach salad is on the menu for later this evening.

Then, as it is unofficially “Friday” for my wife and I, we are gonna smoke some aaaaamaaaaaazing weed.
I grow my own outdoors in the U.K...smokes a bit harsh but can **** you up...grew white widow this year, an oldie but goody. A good mate got me some oil the other day so I thought I’d have some before bed for a good nights kip...I woke up a couple of hours later smashed out of my head...,🤣😂😇

I grow my own outdoors in the U.K...smokes a bit harsh but can **** you up...grew white widow this year, an oldie but goody. A good mate got me some oil the other day so I thought I’d have some before bed for a good nights kip...I woke up a couple of hours later smashed out of my head...,🤣😂😇

I’d love to grow but I’m lazy, and can have it delivered (I live in the bay area of California). I’ve been thinking about an indoor closet set up, but that laziness keeps getting in the way. HOmegrown stuff is for sure the way to go over buying retail. I have to way overpay for fire, and at it’s best it’s still not as good as someone with a patch of dirt and a lot of years experience.

My strain favs are pretty cliche: Herer, Blue Dream; generaly sativa or sativa-dominant strains. I like having my pretty lil head blowned up more than the body relaxation.

Is it true that Americans don’t do tuna , sweet corn and Mayo sandwiches? If not you’re missing a treat...😇
I've never heard of that or tried it. I don't mind corn on the cob once in awhile, or corn in my succotash, but that's about it for me. Not something I'm interested to try in a sandwich. ;)

I’d love to grow but I’m lazy, and can have it delivered (I live in the bay area of California). I’ve been thinking about an indoor closet set up, but that laziness keeps getting in the way. HOmegrown stuff is for sure the way to go over buying retail. I have to way overpay for fire, and at it’s best it’s still not as good as someone with a patch of dirt and a lot of years experience.

My strain favs are pretty cliche: Herer, Blue Dream; generaly sativa or sativa-dominant strains. I like having my pretty lil head blowned up more than the body relaxation.
I’m last too so I grow outdoor plants that need minimal care...I’ve often grown Dutch Passion Shamen ( sativa dominant)...so, so easy and mood resistant for the damp U.K. climate...I’ve grown them to over nine foot...which it a bit of an issue since they are illegal here and I live in a built up area....

I prefer sativa dominant too...it an enlivener and goes great with beer.

I’m last too so I grow outdoor plants that need minimal care...I’ve often grown Dutch Passion Shamen ( sativa dominant)...so, so easy and mood resistant for the damp U.K. climate...I’ve grown them to over nine foot...which it a bit of an issue since they are illegal here and I live in a built up area....

I prefer sativa dominant too...it an enlivener and goes great with beer.

See? I don’t have the patience for all of that “this grows in this climate, this grows in that one.” If I grow, indoor cabinet. Only way to fly.

Or I just keep giving my money to friends and dispensaries. Probably that. ;)

I've never heard of that or tried it. I don't mind corn on the cob once in awhile, or corn in my succotash, but that's about it for me. Not something I'm interested to try in a sandwich. ;)
Seriously mate, you’ve got to try it...best sandwich ever ...invented in the U.K. lol. Goes great with some chilli thrown in too.🥲

We just use tinned sweet corn....and loads of Mayo.

See? I don’t have the patience for all of that “this grows in this climate, this grows in that one.” If I grow, indoor cabinet. Only way to fly.

Or I just keep giving my money to friends and dispensaries. Probably that. ;)
Honestly it’s easy as **** and in your climate easier than here.I only grow for myself and my brother in law when he wants some, so I’ve found 4 plants a year suffice...costs me about £5 each for feminised seeds ( you only want female plants so feminised seed guarantee that). So £20 a year .😇

Back
Top Bottom