• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What did you have for dinner? -Part dois

we enjoyed your food while visiting a few years ago. i'll admit that the baked beans and tomato options at breakfast were a bit different, but we definitely didn't go hungry. it was a really fun trip.
We are the biggest baked bean eaters in the world...and would probably give Italians a run for their money when it comes to eating tomatoes. Btw...British tomatoes are excellent. I guess we have subconsciously balanced out the fat and protein in our cooked breakfasts with some fibre and vitamins lol...

i made grilled ham and cheese sandwiches for the family. turned out ok, considering i only had my wife's goose food white bread to work with.
My old brother in law was American and he said our bread over here was far better generally than US bread... I don’t know what it’s like over there but supermarkets here would generally sell 20 or 30 different breads...mostly U.K. types...

We are the biggest baked bean eaters in the world...and would probably give Italians a run for their money when it comes to eating tomatoes. Btw...British tomatoes are excellent. I guess we have subconsciously balanced out the fat and protein in our cooked breakfasts with some fibre and vitamins lol...

i think that i had a little of both at the hotel in London, if i remember correctly; mostly for the full experience.

My old brother in law was American and he said our bread over here was far better generally than US bread... I don’t know what it’s like over there but supermarkets here would generally sell 20 or 30 different breads...mostly U.K. types...

it has gotten much better during my adulthood. when i was a kid, most breads at the supermarket were a version of Wonder Bread white or wheat. now you can get about any variety of whole grain and artisan breads even if you live in the sticks. lately, though, my wife has been on a nostalgia kick, so it has been Wonder Bread for a few weeks. i'm not huge on it, but i can make it work.

tonight was beef roast au jus and cheesy scalloped potatoes. it was a hit, and i'd take credit, but both were packaged. i microwaved the two packages quite well, however. had a granola bar for dessert.

Eggplant Parmesan and artisan roll with Smart Balance original. Fresh blueberries for dessert.

air fried chicken nuggets (it comes air fried, and you just bake it.)
butter noodles
chicken stuffing.

Honey smoked salmon with Philadelphia cream cheese (1/3 less fat) on Ritz crackers. Butter pecan Keto ice cream for dessert.

Hi! I haven't stopped by here in a long time.

Tonight's the night to make something out of the leftovers. I have a Vidalia onion, 8 oz. of mushrooms, leftover steak, and leftover pasta.

I think with a little red wine, chicken stock and spices I can make something interesting.

Honey smoked salmon with Philadelphia cream cheese (1/3 less fat) on Ritz crackers. Butter pecan Keto ice cream for dessert.
The only way I can eat salmon is in a sandwich...and I don’t know if you do this over there, but...dunked into a small bowl of malt vinegar as you eat it....sounds awful but blows you away...😛🇬🇧 Another British thing...

I use tinned salmon for this....

Vegetarian nachos with homemade guacamole. Sliced bananas with heavy cream for dessert.

Vegetarian nachos with homemade guacamole. Sliced bananas with heavy cream for dessert.
When we were skint as kids our dinner would sometimes be bananas in milk with sugar...or if we were really skint, bread in milk with sugar lol...the good only days! Mind you , there weren’t many fat kids , we were all built like racing snakes. 😊🇬🇧

Mrs. Miller's wide noodles with butter and salt. Sliced banana with heavy cream and sugar for dessert.

fish sandwich
chicken nuggets with honey.

We had delivery from a good local Chinese restaurant today, enough for leftovers. We had Basil Shrimp, Shrimp Curry, Beef with Scallions and Szechuan Pork. Dessert was fresh blueberries.

Left over Chinese food, still a little left over for a snack, but not tomorrow. :)

Steak hash. The strip from last night's porterhouse, fried onions, mushrooms and leftover baked potatoes. Caprese salad with cherry tomatoes. A surprisingly good Smoking Loon Pinot Noir. Dessert was another glass of wine.

Back
Top Bottom