• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What a turn off

Well, honestly, I have to admit to doing that myself, and it's caused me problems on more than one occasion. I used to have a guy friend (no longer alive) who I could talk to on the phone for hours at a time. He told me on more than one occasion that the reason he liked talking to me is because it was like talking to a man. Not sure if that's good or bad. :lol:

I find you easy to get along with for that very reason. But I've never felt like I was talking with a man, just a straightforward and considerate woman. :)

Question to posters in this thread:

What is with the violent reaction to some of these turn offs?

Punching someone in the throat?
Punching someone in the face?

Over something that is annoying, to react with words of violence is a HUGE turn off for a great many people.

Well if she obeys, that type of reaction is not necessary.

It depends on how near we are to the time of bar closing.

The first thing they teach women in self-defense classes is "just do what he says and you'll probably live". :D

You must have gone to the wrong self defense class.

My class, also known as 'surviving older brothers', enforced the theory that deadly and unexpected was the only way you were going to walk away. ;)

My class, also known as 'surviving older brothers', enforced the theory that deadly and unexpected was the only way you were going to walk away. ;)

Suddenly I want to smack your ass and steal your coffee. Guess we'd find out then, huh? :D

I had no brothers. I was the oldest of four girls. Fighting wasn't allowed in my childhood home, so I learned to fight with my wit and with my sarcasm. So far, in my life, I've never been in a physical altercation of any type. I am hoping that I will be able to say that when I die.

Suddenly I want to smack your ass and steal your coffee. Guess we'd find out then, huh? :D

Speaking of...... my coffee titer is getting low, so I just put some Dunkin's on to brew.

Speaking of...... my coffee titer is getting low, so I just put some Dunkin's on to brew.

Then I shall take that too, and leave my impression upon your backside as well.

All the great ones leave a calling card.

I had no brothers. I was the oldest of four girls. Fighting wasn't allowed in my childhood home, so I learned to fight with my wit and with my sarcasm. So far, in my life, I've never been in a physical altercation of any type. I am hoping that I will be able to say that when I die.

I'm the youngest of four.... two brothers and a sister. Fighting wasn't allowed either, but contrary to popular belief, Mom didn't have eyes everywhere. She did finally let one brother and I go at it, I ended up with a fat lip, he had a bloody nose and teeth marks on his hand. ;)

My sister has a scar on her lip from the wire from her braces popped when we went at it.

I'm not a violent person, but I will defend....

Well, honestly, I have to admit to doing that myself, and it's caused me problems on more than one occasion. I used to have a guy friend (no longer alive) who I could talk to on the phone for hours at a time. He told me on more than one occasion that the reason he liked talking to me is because it was like talking to a man. Not sure if that's good or bad. :lol:

Greetings, lizzie. :2wave:

Lizzie, I would take that as a huge compliment! For the most part, men use fewer words to get their point across, while women tend to want to explain why they said what they did. I guess we are more "chatty?" :lamo:

Obsessive, compulsive bull****ers who believe their own bull****...when it's obvious to everybody else they are obsessive, compulsive bull****ers...and refuse to buy their bull****. And after repeatedly told that they are bull****ters by everybody else...they still feel compelled to continue to bull****.

Bigotry and selfishness.

IMO, it falls back to the ignorance/stupidity thing.

Potential means that they can grow, that they may just currently be ignorant. Stupidity means that potential doesn't exist, they've already 'grown' as far as they are going to on that particular subject.

Giving leeway for your young years ;), it's not always easy to tell the difference. Corrections can happen as they mature.

Agreed, especially where difficulty in telling the difference is concerned.

I knew one girl in college who gave every outward sign of desirability. She was good looking, reasonably intelligent, funny, and majoring in a field which would actually lead her down a fairly stable career path (accounting).

It also just so happened to be the case that she was into hard drugs (up to and including bath salts, by her own admission), and, on at least a semi-frequent basis, "servicing" more random guys than your average gas station.

I liked her well enough besides all of that, but I'd lying if I said that the revelation of these latter facts wasn't something of a deal breaker.

It's honestly hard to even determine whether they count as simple "ignorance" or outright "stupidity" given the generally jaded nature of today's youth culture.

You're frankly considered to be more than little odd if you're not into those kinds of things these days.

Damn, the peasants are getting uppity again.

Impose martial law. The elder sibling regime must be maintained at all costs! :lol:

big-brother-fail-kick-swing.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom