• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What a turn off

Drama Queens. Especially those who are always ready to get into a fight with other women over some slight. This typically gets worse when alcohol is involved.

Women who are too nice and unassuming, but this may be a me thing, I have walked on a few people in the past when I was a less nice person myself, and I always want to harden those people up.

Women with a violent temper. I had an ex girlfriend who's solution to everything involved knives. It was interesting for a very short while. Then it got old.

Women (or basically anyone) who aren't good with children or patient with children.

Women with no morality or have a self centered point of view. I prefer to be around people who see the value in others.

People who take on some social role that they think society wants them to have or because "its their culture". BE YOU (my anti-tigger is showing)

Women who identify themselves by their roles instead of who they are. For example, I have children, I had a good job, I have other things going on, but none of that stuff is me, its aspects of my life. Some women think of themselves as "mom" or "wife" instead of (to pull a name out of the air) Linda who has had her own life experiences and point of view.

Women who try to mother me. That gets old fast too. I am a grown up, I can take care of myself.

Women who are too feminine in their personalities, but that's just a preference thing. A nice feminine shape is a good thing though.

Last edited:
liars ,creepies ,bulls

Heck, no. I want a man to be a man. My ex gave me everything I ever wanted. Anything I wanted, I got. But after a while, I hated it. I wanted to be told no every now and then. He was a fish.

Some women complain from the other angle. If he was all commanding and demanding they would want a guy who is more polite every now and then for he then would be a "Bull" (just guessing).

Wish women would make up their minds.

Some women complain from the other angle. If he was all commanding and demanding they would want a guy who is more polite every now and then for he then would be a "Bull" (just guessing).

a man should learn when to be polite and when to command :mrgreen:

Or maybe learn that every woman is an individual and you really can't generalize the personality of one woman to the whole group.

Off the top of my head, I can think of multiple women with different desires in life, points of view, preferences, needs, triggers, buttons, and turn ons/offs. All of them are very different. If you want to be with someone, be with that specific person and learn that specific person.

I have a list of pet peeves.

1. If she's a plumber outside of bedroom euphemisms.
2. She's dated anyone with a penis longer than mine.
3. She's a lesbian.
4. She's a bovine.
5. She looks just like my mother.
6. Gossips about other people.
7. Dips any flavor of tobacco asides from Skoal Wintergreen.
8. She's dependent on me, because I can barely take care of myself.
9. Doesn't like cats. She'll be out of the house before my beloved Mr.Snuggles.
10. She's into threesomes with her boyfriend's family members.
11. She, in any way, resembles Margaret Thatcher.
12. Believes the egg came before the chicken.

As for the converse, I.E things I look for? I've got no clue. As long as she's kind, she's entitled to as much love and compassion I can give.

Frankly, let's face it. Women want a man who will be everything, on an as-needed basis. :lol:

For how long did you had to go on smiling like that? ;)

Long enough to change the subject. lol

She's nice enough aside from that. She's just not real big on "common sense" as a general concept. :lol:

5. She looks just like my mother.

*shudder*

Having some qualities that remind a guy of his mother isn't necessarily a bad thing, but anything more than that is just creepy.

I met an Italian girl overseas who looked almost exactly like my paternal grandmother. I simply couldn't get past it.

There is a huge difference between ignorance and stupidity.

Ignorance means you didn't know in the first place.

Stupidity means you knew the difference, and went ahead and did it anyway.

Ignorance I can handle. Stupidity, I can't.

There is a huge difference between ignorance and stupidity.

Ignorance means you didn't know in the first place.

Stupidity means you knew the difference, and went ahead and did it anyway.

Ignorance I can handle. Stupidity, I can't.

Some people have pretty obvious "potential" for future development regardless of whatever failings they might happen to currently posses.

At my age, however; the real question is whether you're willing to wait around long enough for them to grow into that potential. After all, the current trend in our society seems to be focused far more on pushing "mature" behavior back rather than fostering it's development.

Nagging is the quickest way to make my turtle go back into its shell. Ask me to do something once - and only once.

Don't ever use the word "whatever" with me. That's a dismissal word, and it pisses me off.

Those are pretty much my red buttons.

Flakes. I need someone I can count on who isn't flighty.

Drama queens. If she's all about drama and attention, I end up getting dragged in. I don't need that ****.

lack of intellectual curiosity. I like to discuss things.

Some people have pretty obvious "potential" for future development regardless of whatever failings they might happen to currently posses.

At my age, however; the real question is whether you're willing to wait around long enough for them to grow into that potential. After all, the current trend in our society seems to be focused far more on pushing "mature" behavior back rather than fostering it's development.

IMO, it falls back to the ignorance/stupidity thing.

Potential means that they can grow, that they may just currently be ignorant. Stupidity means that potential doesn't exist, they've already 'grown' as far as they are going to on that particular subject.

Giving leeway for your young years ;), it's not always easy to tell the difference. Corrections can happen as they mature.

Frankly, let's face it. Women want a man who will be everything, on an as-needed basis. :lol:

And we get to guess what and when, right?

Thats the bane of my life, right there.

Pettynes. That's a deal breaker. Famous prime examples...Paris Hilton, or the kardashians. I know a few girls like, and I consistently want to punch them in the face as hard as I can.

It affects men, too, but for some reason, more women have this issue than men. And younger chicks more than women.

You had a bad day at work, your boss is an ass, well I'll be your sounding board for 15 minutes but after that it becomes a real turnoff.

Biggest turn off for me is talking about their exes.

Question to posters in this thread:

What is with the violent reaction to some of these turn offs?

Punching someone in the throat?
Punching someone in the face?

Over something that is annoying, to react with words of violence is a HUGE turn off for a great many people.

We forget that you guys generally don't do "subtle" very well. ;)

Subtlety may be the foremost reason men have problems with women. Some women take forever to correctly describe things, if they ever get to it, or don't describe them bluntly enough and it can be very frustrating. A guy's only choice is to either guess or say "yes dear".

Of course guys often have no problem saying the first thing that comes to our mind which isn't always wise either.

Subtlety may be the foremost reason men have problems with women. Some women take forever to correctly describe things, if they ever get to it, or don't describe them bluntly enough and it can be very frustrating. A guy's only choice is to either guess or say "yes dear".

Of course guys often have no problem saying the first thing that comes to our mind which isn't always wise either.

Well, honestly, I have to admit to doing that myself, and it's caused me problems on more than one occasion. I used to have a guy friend (no longer alive) who I could talk to on the phone for hours at a time. He told me on more than one occasion that the reason he liked talking to me is because it was like talking to a man. Not sure if that's good or bad. :lol:

You had a bad day at work, your boss is an ass, well I'll be your sounding board for 15 minutes but after that it becomes a real turnoff.

Omg, isn't that the truth? When I get off work, I leave it there. The last thing I want to talk about is what a crappy day I had. I might want to talk about what a sad day I had, if I had a patient who went bad, but otherwise, I get enough work time on the clock.

Back
Top Bottom