• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Well, I did it. Who's ready to join me?

After having been a registered Republican since 1980, I've changed my party affiliation to Democratic.

I won't be associated with the party running a fraud and con man as their presidential candidate.

Who will join me?

I left the GOP in 1992, stayed independent

I'm not saying that I agree with the confiscations or anything.

That doesn't change the fact that you "liked" a post where the OP tried to deny that the confiscations never happened and then you tried to justify the confiscations.

Being that you support the Donald you might want to avoid the word "principled".:roll:

Nice try. No, I don't. He's the far lesser of two evils, but still not worthy of my vote.

After having been a registered Republican since 1980, I've changed my party affiliation to Democratic.

I won't be associated with the party running a fraud and con man as their presidential candidate.

Who will join me?

Me. Did it a few months ago so I could vote for Clinton in the primary. I voted for Bush, McCain, and Romney. I'm out and washing my hands of this tire fire.

I don't have to register. That being said, most of my votes will go to the GOP, save Trump and my Congressman who this time happened to support Trump. I don't like him anyway, but his Trump vote is just another nail in the coffin.

Who will join me?
I left the democratic party for much the same reasons.

Who will join me?

Not me. I plan to vote for the Republican candidates for governor and Congressperson, and I will vote to re-elect Kelly Ayotte.

I will not vote for Trump, but I will also not vote for Clinton.

Who will join me?

So you'll vote for the "tax man" or a fraud con woman? THe best liberal thinking I think I've seen in the past, oh I dunno, 3 minutes.

Congratulations?

But seriously, you changed parties because the Republicans were running a fraud and a con man? Have you not paid any attention to who the Democrats are running?

I dislike Hillary Clinton orders of magnitude less than I dislike Donald Trump.

But that was during Hurricane Katrina. That's a entirely different situation than just the police simply coming over and seizing people's guns from house to house.

in order to make it easier on the rioters as was claimed originally.

No it's not. It's a textbook example of why guns are needed. OMG, you and Dittohead belong together. When a situation is violent and out of control that is precisely the circumstances that people need guns. Furthermore some of those police were involved with the looting. And to heighten the absurdity private mercenaries were allowed to keep their guns which means that the government seized guns from private individuals and allowed literal private armies to do what they wanted. It's a good thing that the private armies turned out to be more well behaved then those dirty assed cops and that's no excuse for Dittohead to pretend that it never happened to begin with.

Ditto is a textbook example of a RINO.

So was Ronald Reagan. I'm in good company.

Not me. I plan to vote for the Republican candidates for governor and Congressperson, and I will vote to re-elect Kelly Ayotte.

I will not vote for Trump, but I will also not vote for Clinton.

Third party then?
Or are you hoping for a come from behind by Sanders?

The likelihood is that Trump or Clinton will be the next president. If it's Trump, it will be without the endorsement of many prominent Republicans.

So you'll vote for the "tax man" or a fraud con woman? THe best liberal thinking I think I've seen in the past, oh I dunno, 3 minutes.

When talking about who one supports and their failings you might want to avoid using the word Con, since the guy representing the GOP is the ultimate Con Man, you do know he is a life long Democrat, does not have a Conservative bone in his body and supports Democrats and their agenda and has until the day before he announced he was running as a Republican. Have You been coned into supporting the Donald or are you a Conservative?

I've been either a registered Independent (currently) or Libertarian (until a few years ago) for over 10 years. Before that I was a Republican only because NY uses a closed primary system and I wanted to vote in the primaries and the Republicans were only slightly less offensive to me than the Democrats.

However both major parties suck and I won't blindly support either.

Third party then?

The likelihood is that Trump or Clinton will be the next president. If it's Trump, it will be without the endorsement of many prominent Republicans.

Third party, or nobody at all. Or I may write in you.:mrgreen:

No, not supporting Sanders either. I like the guy, but not his ideas.

The likelihood is that Trump or Clinton will be the next president.

Well, there goes my lunch.

That doesn't change the fact that you "liked" a post where the OP tried to deny that the confiscations never happened and then you tried to justify the confiscations.
Because you previously hadn't responded to his comment, so I initially assumed you didn't have any evidence for it.

Third party, or nobody at all. Or I may write in you.:mrgreen:

No, not supporting Sanders either. I like the guy, but not his ideas.

The likelihood is that Trump or Clinton will be the next president.

Well, there goes my lunch.

I just saw that Mary Matalin re-registered as a Libertarian.

Third party then?

Well ... there are everyday citizens, many you can see on this site, who simply don't like Trump and their motives are pure.
Then there are Party honchos who don't like Trump for reasons that are, let's say, not the most noble.

Third party then?

If it were a choice between Clinton and Trump, Clinton won't make me lose sleep at night. However, if Republican voters want to spring for a third party candidate, I also encourage that too this go around.

I just saw that Mary Matalin re-registered as a Libertarian.

Good morning, bubba. :2wave:

:wow: I hadn't seen that, so I thought you were kidding! I double-checked and you were absolutely correct! :shock: This is very interesting to me because I don't understand what's happening.

Are the "big hitters" in the party leaving because they don't agree with the way the hierarchy is reacting to Trump's appeal to the voters, or are they indicating that if Trump is indeed the nominee they want nothing to do with the GOP in the future since it won't represent what they feel the party stands for, which has little to do with Trump, per se, other than the fact that he has been the catalyst for the change?

Good morning, bubba. :2wave:

:wow: I hadn't seen that, so I thought you were kidding! I double-checked and you were absolutely correct! :shock: This is very interesting to me because I don't understand what's happening.

Are the "big hitters" in the party leaving because they don't agree with the way the hierarchy is reacting to Trump's appeal to the voters, or are they indicating that if Trump is indeed the nominee they want nothing to do with the GOP in the future since it won't represent what they feel the party stands for, which has little to do with Trump, per se, other than the fact that he has been the catalyst for the change?

Mary apparently said she's a NeverHillary but she wants to hear more from Trump.
I suspect what she's saying is more that she thinks the Party appears to have left her rather than the other way around.

When talking about who one supports and their failings you might want to avoid using the word Con, since the guy representing the GOP is the ultimate Con Man, you do know he is a life long Democrat, does not have a Conservative bone in his body and supports Democrats and their agenda and has until the day before he announced he was running as a Republican. Have You been coned into supporting the Donald or are you a Conservative?

Liberal ROE

1. Demand a link or an explanation of the truth you are objecting to.

2. Reject all explanations as right wing lies.

3. Ignore any facts presented.

4. Ridicule spelling and typos.

5. Attack the person as being juvenile, ie: "are you 12 years old", or question their education, intelligence.

6. Employ misdirection

7. Lie

8. Play race card

9. Play gender card

10. Play gay/lesbian card

11. Make up crap.

12. Deny it constantly

13. Repeat often

Back
Top Bottom