• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Well, I did it. Who's ready to join me?

Liberal ROE

1. Demand a link or an explanation of the truth you are objecting to.

2. Reject all explanations as right wing lies.

3. Ignore any facts presented.

4. Ridicule spelling and typos.

5. Attack the person as being juvenile, ie: "are you 12 years old", or question their education, intelligence.

6. Employ misdirection

7. Lie

8. Play race card

9. Play gender card

10. Play gay/lesbian card

11. Make up crap.

12. Deny it constantly

13. Repeat often
Please point out one of those that applied to what I said, I'll wait....................:roll:

Well ... there are everyday citizens, many you can see on this site, who simply don't like Trump and their motives are pure.
Then there are Party honchos who don't like Trump for reasons that are, let's say, not the most noble.

I can't think of any ignoble reasons for opposing Trump as the POTUS.
I don't really dislike him any more than I dislike Jerry Springer, but I don't want either of them to be in charge.

I don't really dislike him any more than I dislike Jerry Springer, but I don't want either of them to be in charge.

That's it. Jerry Springer as Trump's VP running mate. You got to admit, Trump-Springer has a ring to it.........

Think harder.

Please point out one of those that applied to what I said, I'll wait....................:roll:

You will be waiting a long time

This is the same guy who uses the word "queer" in his posts, I do not think he is to big on scholarly sources, just name calling like a school yard bully. I suspect that is what he is, a schoolboy looking for attention.

Jerry Springer was at least a somewhat gifted politician-a rising star in state Democratic politics, once upon a time. Even now, Springer is far more qualified than Trump, and that's saying a lot. Republicans finally got their desired outsider candidate. Time to let them suffer as a result.

Last edited:
A conservative might be inclined to take us in the right direction. Problem is - there are no conservatives in the race. Unless you would call Hillary a conservative. And, of course, I mean 'conservative'... not Right Wing Wacko. Taft or Eisenhower... not Joseph McCarthy or Ted Cruz.

And right now we need a correction... we have allowed our pendulum to swing too far toward the laissez-faire. Too much concentration at the top - with the concomitant crony capitalism, revolving door legislatures, eroding of the 'American Dream', politicians ever more 'bought and paid for', cynicism, hopelessness, anger, and disengagement from a heavily gerrymandered, and therefore increasingly polarized, political process.

And from what I can tell... on the Republican side... we have a bunch of Hoovers (at best). Full Speed Ahead, they cry - even a the reefs below begin to gouge the hull, and the iceberg ahead looms larger.

On the Democratic side... there's Bernie. He has all the right policy prescriptions for this particular moment in time. But it doesn't look like he'll wing the nomination. Then we have Hillary. I think she's competent enough, and tough enough, and experiences enough to make a president. But who is she? Is there anything left of the young idealist who would recognize the imperatives of history if elected... or has she sold off too much of her soul to Goldman Sachs? I don't think ANY of us actually knows.

So... take a chance with Hillary? Or vote Republican - and go Pedal To The Metal toward dysfunction and chaos? We're already too close to the existential dangers of unbridled cowboy capitalism to do anything but vote for the Dem this time. At least in my estimation.

See the following for background - http://www.debatepolitics.com/economics/252470-more-intro-economic-diagnosis-today.html

After having been a registered Republican since 1980, I've changed my party affiliation to Democratic.

I won't be associated with the party running a fraud and con man as their presidential candidate.

Who will join me?

Why not change to Independent?

Why not change to Independent?

Because then I couldn't vote in either primary.
I can still vote for either party's candidate, of course, or vote third party. Voting for the Republican candidate this time around is an act of utter foolishness, but there are elections to come.

Because then I couldn't vote in either primary.
I can still vote for either party's candidate, of course, or vote third party. Voting for the Republican candidate this time around is an act of utter foolishness, but there are elections to come.

Ah, I see. As an independent, I can vote in either primary.

Back
Top Bottom