• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Well, As Expected SCOTUS HAS Struck Down Roe

lurchadams

Zoom Warrior
Banned
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
The decision has been leaked. This is the continuation of the authoritarian, Republican culture war. Elite Republicans against everyone else. I've said many times, Republican or Democrat, if you have the money and you want an abortion, you're going to get one.

Making little girls carry their incest and rape babies to term? Lets see how that goes. I believe this is the "push" Democrats need to maintain the houses. Women, even conservative women aren't going to put up with this, IMO.

There will be Roe friendly states and non-Roe friendly states for a while.
The unfriendly ones have no doubt got it in their heads that they can bully Roe states into obeying their demands, and without a doubt
they will attempt to bully their own residents into obeying state law OUTSIDE OF that state.
Naturally that will lead to another constitutional crisis with far reaching implications no matter how it is resolved or handled.

We are drifting farther and farther apart into two separate nations with every poisoned SCOTUS ruling.
It will also be interesting first time a state like, say perhaps Texas, tells California how to go about their affairs and California telling Texas to go fork themselves. No doubt that will be repeated amongst the several opposing states for quite a while.

Last edited:
Do SCOTUS decisions get leaked?
I thought they were pretty secretive?

It would be pretty easy to identify a leaker and I'm sure they're dealt with pretty harshly as from the little I know about the supreme court they get pretty annoyed about not following protocol.

The decision has been leaked. This is the continuation of the authoritarian, Republican culture war. Elite Republicans against everyone else. I've said many times, Republican or Democrat, if you have the money and you want an abortion, you're going to get one.

Making little girls carry their incest and rape babies to term? Lets see how that goes. I believe this is the "push" Democrats need to maintain the houses. Women, even conservative women aren't going to put up with this, IMO.

So...a draft of a decision has been leaked. Interesting.

I wonder...

Is there a "deep state" inside the Supreme Court? You know, like the deep state that leaked so much stuff from the Trump administration? Or, is the Supreme Court taking a page out of the political handbook by deliberately leaking this draft in order to gauge public reaction?

Oh...and lurchadams...I don't really care about RvW. That's why I'm not making a comment on the substance of this leak.

The unfriendly ones have no doubt got it in their heads that they can bully Roe states into obeying their demands, and without a doubt
they will attempt to bully their own residents into obeying state law OUTSIDE OF that state.
Naturally that will lead to another constitutional crisis with far reaching implications no matter how it is resolved or handled.

We are drifting farther and farther apart into two separate nations with every poisoned SCOTUS ruling.
It will also be interesting first time a state like, say perhaps Texas, tells California how to go about their affairs and California telling Texas to go fork themselves. No doubt that will be repeated amongst the several opposing states for quite a while.
It's a 1950's war being fought in the 21st Century. It makes no darn sense. Why is it that Republicans are such evil douches?

Do SCOTUS decisions get leaked?
I thought they were pretty secretive?

It would be pretty easy to identify a leaker and I'm sure they're dealt with pretty harshly as from the little I know about the supreme court they get pretty annoyed about not following protocol.
No matter who did it - it leaked. It was likely one of the people clerking for one of the non right-wing justices.

It's certainly going to be interesting to see how a vote like this will change things.
The rest of the free world has gone towards reproductive rights and the US is seemingly curtailing them.
Even Ireland has allowed abortion.

No matter who did it - it leaked. It was likely one of the people clerking for one of the non right-wing justices.

I'm of the opinion that the supreme court shouldn't have leaks and anyone found doing so should be punished in whatever way the court sees fit.
It's such an important job that leaks shouldn't be possible.

The challenge is that this is not a Red vs. Blue state issue, this is largely a rural vs. urban divide. There are plenty of rural Californians who are deeply conservative, and plenty of Austin, Houston, Dallas and San Antonio Texans who are deeply liberal.

The challenge is that this is not a Red vs. Blue state issue, this is largely a rural vs. urban divide. There are plenty of rural Californians who are deeply conservative, and plenty of Austin, Houston, Dallas and San Antonio Texans who are deeply liberal.
Yes, but abortion legislation isn't passed at the city level. Ultimately this will end up turning into a red/blue state divide when it comes to laws and I am sure the red states will keep trying to put laws in place that punish people who cross state lines for abortions.

I wonder...

Is there a "deep state" inside the Supreme Court? You know, like the deep state that leaked so much stuff from the Trump administration? Or, is the Supreme Court taking a page out of the political handbook by deliberately leaking this draft in order to gauge public reaction?

Oh...and lurchadams...I don't really care about RvW. That's why I'm not making a comment on the substance of this leak.

I wonder too... What is this about?

Yes, but abortion legislation isn't passed at the city level. Ultimately this will end up turning into a red/blue state divide when it comes to laws and I am sure the red states will keep trying to put laws in place that punish people who cross state lines for abortions.
I disagree, I think this is going to amplify the rural/urban divide: red "states" will put laws in place to ban abortion and city mayors will openly defy them challenging the state to test them. That is the sort of thing I expect to happen.

Any state that puts laws in place punishing people for doing something legal in another state will be signing an economic death sentence; what large business would want to do operate in such an environment? So, I am not so worried about that happening, personally. I'd love to see a state even try to impose such a thing.

I am horrified that IF the above is true, it was leaked. Who would do this?

If it is true, Roe was overturned, I want to read the SC decision before I comment.

Any state that puts laws in place punishing people for doing something legal in another state will be signing an economic death sentence
I mean...I'm not exactly speculating here. They've talked about putting laws like this in place for a while.

I agree there could be some battles with certain mayors. But ultimately states have a lot of power.

I wonder...

Great questions! Since you're an expert on the Deep State, the Elites, the Establishment, the Puppet Masters, the Handlers and the Pukes, perhaps you can ask your contacts at any of those agencies if they engage with or have any knowledge about potential SCOTUS Deep States, and get to the bottom of this new and interesting conspiracy theory of yours?

While you're at it... it may be interesting to understand whether Kavanaugh has his own Pukes, or if he just pukes after all that beer.

Before us now is one such state law. The State of Mississippi asks us to uphold the constitutionality of a law that generally prohibits an abortion after the fifteenth week of pregnancy—several weeks before the point at which a fetus is now regarded as “viable”outside the womb. In defending this law, the States primary argument is that we should reconsider and overrule Roe and Casey and once again allow each State to regulate abortion as its citizens wish.

Isn't this how democracy is supposed to work?

I remember being called a fear monger and alarmist for saying the GOP would put judges in that would overturn Roe v Wade.
"After almost fifty years, Roe vs. Wade is a done deal.
The overturning of R. v. W is deliberate fear mongering by the Democrats. It's simply a false narrative they're pushing in order to get votes. IOW, a load of donkey :poop: ."

- @trixare4kids circa 2020

"If it is true, Roe was overturned, I want to read the SC decision before I comment."
- @trixare4kids today

You are wrong here. We are not moving farther apart. Its just the predictions about political factions by some of our forefathers are coming to fruition. The only actual division is between those that support political factions and those being oppressed by those factions (which includes people in those factions). A bit more complicated than just that, but it's the leaders of our political parties that are telling us to be divided. That's the nature of factions.

I bet even you will come back and tell me the Democrats are not to blame for all this division they keep telling us about. Meanwhile, people who are not into politics (and religions) are not having problems with each other. But we are having problems with partisan hacks and the religious.

This is just one battle of a larger war. The left has lost this one. We lost when Trump was elected and got the power to appoint 3 justices. Hopefully this wakes up the political left to vote in the first place and vote straight Democratic Party tickets all the way up and down the ballot. The worst Democrat is better for the average American than the most moderate Republican.

I'm afraid this may start a civil war

There are plenty of conservative females who are going to "go to war" over this in every way imaginable.
I'd say this is possibly the most striking example of right wing overreach in years, and it's going to blow up in their faces.

I mean...I'm not exactly speculating here. They've talked about putting laws like this in place for a while.

That law does not punish women who cross state lines to get an abortion. It is perfectly legal in Texas for a woman to go out of state to get an abortion.

That law does not punish women who cross state lines to get an abortion. It is perfectly legal in Texas for a woman to go out of state to get an abortion.
Would you support a law that makes it punishable, or would you oppose such a law?

Back
Top Bottom