• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Web Censorship Bill Sails Through Senate Committee

Hi, James. I guess what they're saying in the legislation is that they don't have to prove in a court of law that copyright infringement has taken place, just that the central activity and purpose of the site is to violate copyright laws. I don't think I have a problem with that. Do you?

Artists deserve to have their copyrights respected, imo.

I have no problem with such sites being shut down, however only after its been proven in a criminal court of law that they did violated copyright laws, not before. Due process is more important than keeping fat nerds from copying music and other ****.

Last edited:
I have no problem with such sites being shut down, however only after its been proven in a criminal court of law that they did violated copyright laws, not before. Due process is more important than keeping fat nerds from copying music and other ****.

If only people would reallize that this Due Process thing is universal. We don't just set it aside because it's inconvenient or because we're really mad, dangit!

Ya know it would be nice if artist actually got paid for their labors. But this is just another twist for for the "evil corporations" to get paid not the artists.

Ya know it would be nice if artist actually got paid for their labors. But this is just another twist for for the "evil corporations" to get paid not the artists.

Also lawyers.

What about thin nerds? *shot*

Back
Top Bottom